So seriously...this Doobee fella we blew a pick on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results determine rankings, not hair color, or his name
Is that meant to be your best coherent argument - that the crows' recruiting team were fascinated by doedee's name or hair colour?

As I have asked you numerous times previously, give me the details of a top draft pick by this recruiting team that they have stuffed up.

2014 #14 lever - already playing most games, who looks a 200 game player.

#35 Wigg, #43 McGovern, #58 deer - too early to tell.

2013 (sanctions) #23 m crouch - looks like thommo's replacement & played most games already

#46 - knight - last half season showed he looks like a Sloane type, cool under pressure. Also, already in our 1st 22.

#76 - hartigan, rookie pickup who is in our 1st 22.

#86 - Laird, what a gem rookie pickup, who was in the AA squad.

2012 (sanctions) #62 siggins - delisted homesick.

#81 Atkins - debuted in 2015 & looks a reasonable chance of success with great skills.

#95 callinan - rookie upgrade. Late pick where we got some value from him playing most games in 2012.

Will limit now to 1st rounders & few special mentions on our supposed mediocre drafting...

2011 #2 mini b crouch - rising star runner up, who will be a gun if he stays fit.

2010 #14 Smith - already an all Australian

2009 #13 Talia - rising star, already an all Australian

#29 gunston a gun too, just unfortunately now with hawks.

2008 #10 Davis - gws inaugural captain.

#44 Sloane - our vice captain

2007 #10 Dangerfield - one of the best in the Afl.

#27 Otten - rising star runner up.

So where are these early draft round picks we have stuffed up Marty, because all I can see is quality above average recruiting...

It hasn't gone beyond anything , Doedee would more than likely have been picked up much later, most sports writers have declared this infact Doedee himself declared it even the AFC declared it asking for us to trust them.

Is it not the right of a member to question the risk taken or should we just go along with trust us?

Considering they have no runs on the board, we are sitting mid table and don't look like exploding into to the top
Our recruiting team have no runs on the board? That is an outrageous false claim.

Refer to my previous post.

You clearly must be a crows' troll as you are having a crack at one area we do better than most.

Our recruiting team have no runs on the board? That is an outrageous false claim.

Refer to my previous post.

You clearly must be a crows' troll as you are having a crack at one area we do better than most.

Now when you highlight the recruiting efforts I can see why we are hanging around mid table, the recruiters obviously didnt do their homework on Gunston, Damgerfield and Davis as they are goneski. And before you say what we traded Dangerfield for, lets be honest you would rather have kept him as it will affect the ability for the team to be closer to a flag or see if the swaps are worthwhile or not.

We have picked a couple of good ones and if we didnt we would be where Carlton sit atm, so to suggest we have done anything we shouldnt have is ridiculous.

So if you are happy with the mediocre level of recruiting and mediocre level of the club, good on you, are easily satisfied? As for my self I want to be threatening for a premiership and at present feel we will be lucky to make the 8, which is far from that.

Now when you highlight the recruiting efforts I can see why we are hanging around mid table, the recruiters obviously didnt do their homework on Gunston, Damgerfield and Davis as they are goneski. And before you say what we traded Dangerfield for, lets be honest you would rather have kept him as it will affect the ability for the team to be closer to a flag or see if the swaps are worthwhile or not.

We have picked a couple of good ones and if we didnt we would be where Carlton sit atm, so to suggest we have done anything we shouldnt have is ridiculous.

So if you are happy with the mediocre level of recruiting and mediocre level of the club, good on you, are easily satisfied? As for my self I want to be threatening for a premiership and at present feel we will be lucky to make the 8, which is far from that.
Show me a club who has recruited significantly better with similar picks.

Rate out of 10 the value of our recent 1st round picks & compare it to other clubs.

There is nothing mediocre about our drafting - only your posting.

You make generic statements criticising my club (there is no way you are a crows' supporter), yet when it comes to facts, you go missing no time.

You are happy to ask other posters questions, yet dance around when questions are asked about you. For once in your life, how about you answer some... But I don't hold my breath given your track record!

Show me a club who has recruited significantly better with similar picks.

Rate out of 10 the value of our recent 1st round picks & compare it to other clubs.

There is nothing mediocre about our drafting - only your posting.

You make generic statements criticising my club (there is no way you are a crows' supporter), yet when it comes to facts, you go missing no time.

You are happy to ask other posters questions, yet dance around when questions are asked about you. For once in your life, how about you answer some... But I don't hold my breath given your track record!

I look at the results of our club and see no premiership since 1998 and we will be lucky to make the finals next year. I guess we could say we are in a better position than Carlton, Melbourne and Stkilda and not as good as Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Wandering where that puts us, mid way you would think as it has been for years and years. Drafting is probably the most important thing a club can do that gives you onfield success, and this thread by cleric asking why would pick a predicted third rounder when a predicted 1st rounder was on offer may keep as non acheivers.

History is suggesting we are under acheivers, the club needs to be questioned to take the next step and not be a bunch of blind followers as you appear to be!

I look at the results of our club and see no premiership since 1998 and we will be lucky to make the finals next year. I guess we could say we are in a better position than Carlton, Melbourne and Stkilda and not as good as Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Wandering where that puts us, mid way you would think as it has been for years and years. Drafting is probably the most important thing a club can do that gives you onfield success, and this thread by cleric asking why would pick a predicted third rounder when a predicted 1st rounder was on offer may keep as non acheivers.

History is suggesting we are under acheivers, the club needs to be questioned to take the next step and not be a bunch of blind followers as you appear to be!
Again with the generic statements.

Provide some examples of where the crows have recruited poorly.

Compare to other clubs.

I have analysed previously our early picks to show we have pretty much nailed every one!

Yet despite this you keep claiming our recruiting is poor providing no evidence.

I mentioned that tippett-gate basically cost us 6 x 1st or 2nd rounders, which has done far more damage to our list than any recruiting bad decision, yet you just laugh this off as an excuse. Imagine what our recruiters would have done with these 6 picks, given their track record! It's only the fine job of our recruiting team, along with our talent development which had stopped us going towards the bottoms of the ladder with the sanctions.

Again with the generic statements.

Provide some examples of where the crows have recruited poorly.

Compare to other clubs.

I have analysed previously our early picks to show we have pretty much nailed every one!

Yet despite this you keep claiming our recruiting is poor providing no evidence.

I mentioned that tippett-gate basically cost us 6 x 1st or 2nd rounders, which has done far more damage to our list than any recruiting bad decision, yet you just laugh this off as an excuse. Imagine what our recruiters would have done with these 6 picks, given their track record! It's only the fine job of our recruiting team, along with our talent development which had stopped us going towards the bottoms of the ladder with the sanctions.

We havent nailed every pick, why do you keep saying this! Look at the following three picks which you could say are exceptionally important picks, these are just the leavers before start on the rest.

Why arent Davis, Gunston and Dangerfield playing for the crows, did the recruiters do their jobs properly to ensure that when choosing a draftee they required loyality and a want for these players to play and stay in Adelaide? Maybe all three of these players are untrustworthy and you cant believe a word they say or maybe the recruiters neglected to ask the appropriate questions.

We havent nailed every pick, why do you keep saying this! Look at the following three picks which you could say are exceptionally important picks, these are just the leavers before start on the rest.

Why arent Davis, Gunston and Dangerfield playing for the crows, did the recruiters do their jobs properly to ensure that when choosing a draftee they required loyality and a want for these players to play and stay in Adelaide? Maybe all three of these players are untrustworthy and you cant believe a word they say or maybe the recruiters neglected to ask the appropriate questions.
So you have a method of ensuring every recruited player is guaranteed to remain at the club?

I doubt Davis would have left if not offered amazing expansion club $'s & captaincy at a young age. Is this the recruiters fault? Who would you have drafted instead o wise one?

Gunston left as hated travelling to Elizabeth. Should we have gifted him more games? Who should we have taken instead? We turned him into Jenkins, grigg & kerridge, who is now menzel.

So you would not have drafted Dangerfield, to get the services of a gun for 8 years. Who would you have drafted instead?

Name me a club that has not lost a player to another club? None! So on Marty theory, all recruitment teams are shyte!

I would have thought a fairer measure would be to compare performance against other clubs... But not in Marty world, where you must be perfect.

So you have a method of ensuring every recruited player is guaranteed to remain at the club?

I doubt Davis would have left if not offered amazing expansion club $'s & captaincy at a young age. Is this the recruiters fault? Who would you have drafted instead o wise one?

Gunston left as hated travelling to Elizabeth. Should we have gifted him more games? Who should we have taken instead? We turned him into Jenkins, grigg & kerridge, who is now menzel.

So you would not have drafted Dangerfield, to get the services of a gun for 8 years. Who would you have drafted instead?

Name me a club that has not lost a player to another club? None! So on Marty theory, all recruitment teams are shyte!

I would have thought a fairer measure would be to compare performance against other clubs... But not in Marty world, where you must be perfect.

When interviewing potential draft picks, especially from interstate, no doubt a professional recruiter would ask the thoughts on how that felt about moving interstate and the homesick factor and a number of questions on their desire to return to their home state or live in Adelaide. Although I hate to admit it we have lost a large amount of quality picks, so there must be one of two reasons for this, the ability to draft correctly and ask the right questions or its just a s**t place to be. With the fact we have attracted a lot of players I am hoping the second isnt the case.

Your Last question

I would have thought a fairer measure would be to compare performance against other clubs... But not in Marty world, where you must be perfect

As I have said 60 million times we are middle of the table, a place I hate to be, but you seem content with, the comparison with results of our performance confirms our middle of the table status, like Richmond, North melbourne and probably the Power although the Power having big ups and big downs they are totally unpredictable.

When interviewing potential draft picks, especially from interstate, no doubt a professional recruiter would ask the thoughts on how that felt about moving interstate and the homesick factor and a number of questions on their desire to return to their home state or live in Adelaide. Although I hate to admit it we have lost a large amount of quality picks, so there must be one of two reasons for this, the ability to draft correctly and ask the right questions or its just a s**t place to be. With the fact we have attracted a lot of players I am hoping the second isnt the case.

Your Last question

I would have thought a fairer measure would be to compare performance against other clubs... But not in Marty world, where you must be perfect

As I have said 60 million times we are middle of the table, a place I hate to be, but you seem content with, the comparison with results of our performance confirms our middle of the table status, like Richmond, North melbourne and probably the Power although the Power having big ups and big downs they are totally unpredictable.
So in perfect Marty world, who would you have recruited instead of Dangerfield, gunston & Davis?

Critical of hawks for losing buddy? Critical of cats for losing ablett? All clubs lose players as it's the nature of the industry as we don't live in utopia!

So in perfect Marty world, who would you have recruited instead of Dangerfield, gunston & Davis?

Critical of hawks for losing buddy? Critical of cats for losing ablett? All clubs lose players as it's the nature of the industry as we don't live in utopia!

If we lived in Utopia we wouldnt be middle of the road, maybe Hawthorn supporters live there!

If we lived in Utopia we wouldnt be middle of the road, maybe Hawthorn supporters live there!
Yet they lost buddy...

Your still avoiding my question as to who you would have drafted instead of Dangerfield, gunston & Davis.

Yet they lost buddy...

Your still avoiding my question as to who you would have drafted instead of Dangerfield, gunston & Davis.

You have left me wide open to pick and choose

As these players won't commit and these ones maybe if they were spoken to properly by the club

Pd. Rioli
Davis. Schuey
Gunston. Reid

And if the job was done right and they stayed how far ahead would we be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have left me wide open to pick and choose

As these players won't commit and these ones maybe if they were spoken to properly by the club

Pd. Rioli
Davis. Schuey
Gunston. Reid

And if the job was done right and they stayed how far ahead would we be?
Rioli said he would only play in Melbourne, so we would have got less out if him than Dangerfield!

You really are clueless, whilst claiming to be an expert in recruitment!

Hawks and freo bottomed out and got early picks, swans have done very well

I was more surprised St Kilda taking Brandon White over Rhys Mathieson.
How could they take Mathieson when he was picked before their pick? Come on Gilo, take a quick glance at your notepad of draft study before you make stupid comments like that one.

Other clubs have "bottomed out" and got nowhere. It takes more than just early draft picks to be successful.
Helped that the hawks actually picked decent players.... Unlike most other teams that bottomed out.

Perhaps they had marty36 recruiting for you.. Or more likely he was at the tigers ;)

Honestly, bit scummy to put the boot in on a kid who is probably absolutely ecstatic and excited to play for your club and get picked up at such a high draft pick. If you can't bring in someone so young to your club with open arms, put faith in a well performing recruitment team - where is the fun in actually following Afl? Purely by posting this thread you've been detrimental to the environment for any fans of the Crows.

Honestly, bit scummy to put the boot in on a kid who is probably absolutely ecstatic and excited to play for your club and get picked up at such a high draft pick. If you can't bring in someone so young to your club with open arms, put faith in a well performing recruitment team - where is the fun in actually following Afl? Purely by posting this thread you've been detrimental to the environment for any fans of the Crows.

I certainly havent stuck the boots into the kid he would been an AFL draftie regardless, I am questioning teh AFL logic in picking up a player predicted to go in the third round when, Burton, Collins, Mackay en Bonner and partnigton were rated higher and still available.

I could have a circle jerk about how well the crows have done and not questioned them if they miss the finals this year, would everything be good? If you want a BF board that is full of people congratulating the club for failures. Infact your board seemed happy with your year last year although most experts were predicting a top 4 finish and you failed to make the finals. Do you think you should have asked questions as to why you underacheived by so much? I will be honest your team seemed solid and may not have that opportunity again, where injuries can create issue or outside influences lke what happened at the AFC

Who won it and came runner up?

Votes / (games)
1. Harrison Kol ………….. 67 (12)
2. Will Sexton ………….. 61 (10)
3. Darcy Parish ………….. 58 (8)
4. Harry Kershaw ………….. 54 (10)
5. Baden Remmos ………….. 51 (10)
6. Rhys Mathieson ………….. 50 (8)
7. Tom Doedee ………….. 48 (8)

T8. Logan Wagener ………….. 34 (10)
T8. Ben McCarthy ………….. 34 (6)
10. Alex Witherden