News Stevie J to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying you've never gone on a bender and woken up the next morning besties with King Jong Un?
Nope... but technically I have equally as bad. I was so drunk one weekend that I pissed on a cop car. There was a cop 30 metres away. He charged at me and threw me to the wall. It was a shirt front. One that Tony Abbot never had the balls to do on Vladamir Putin. I didn't get a fine though. This was 10 years ago!

Nope... but technically I have equally as bad. I was so drunk one weekend that I pissed on a cop car. There was a cop 30 metres away. He charged at me and threw me to the wall. It was a shirt front. One that Tony Abbot never had the balls to do on Vladamir Putin. I didn't get a fine though. This was 10 years ago!

Why is it that cops are always around when you are taking a piss in public but never around when you are getting the sh*t kicked out of you?

I think Mayne needs to be replaced. Would Stevie J do better - yes I am sure he would. Ballantyne is a gun but needs to focus on getting the ball instead of the niggly stuff. Persevere with Crozier and play Taberner on a consistent basis. Big forwards take a lot longer to develop so patience is needed. McCarthy would be a very good pickup.
Maynes shot. No confidence at all

And as others have stated, his football brain and coaching ability should not be forgotten. All reports suggest he has a top shelf football mind. He could go a long way to sorting our forward line out and teaching our players a few things. If he can be a solid player (e.g. like his last 5 or 6 games of the year), that would be a nice bonus.

I wonder what the salary cap rules are on a playing assistant coach? I assume there's no loophole where you pay him 300k outside the cap to coach, and 150k under the cap to play.
Pay him 150 next year, then follow that with a generous coaching deal.

Pay him 150 next year, then follow that with a generous coaching deal.
Agree with this 100%.

We could also think outside the box here. Pav plays on for one more year but only plays at Subi (no travel east). Stevie J is based out of Victoria and only plays away games. Would keep both fresh and Stevie J has enough years in the system to be disciplined enough with his own fitness regime during the week

He is a giant flog, but we should look at the possibility of getting him as a forward coach at the very least. An injection of new coaching talent and a different way of thinking. Suma's time is up!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that suppose to mean he is intelligent?

I know a fair number of AFL players could have gone into cricket/basketball before choosing AFL.
I just meant that he might be able to help with coaching other sports. Bit of a parallel income stream for him.

Crowley delisted.

Well. That's conclusive evidence Stevie J is on his way!
Nice - like your way of thinking.... although I was looking forward to Crowley v Stevie J pre-season matches

So they delist Jed Adcock (their former captain) because he is too old and they are going with youth. And now they want Stevie J. Makes perfect sense.
This is the club that are willing to send Aish to the draft, but won't trade him because he's a required player.

Imagine if Stevie & Crowls end up at the same club (if they both want to play on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back