Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that really pisses me off is that when we are going well we get no mention at all for how good we are playing but one loss and we get all this coverage about are we going downhill after playing a pretty poor second half and only losing by 10 points!

Mate before last week people were saying the Swans were the greatest team in the history of world sport.

Yeah there has been plenty of praise for the Swans lately.

I'm not surprised that after one loss the football media completely change their tune - but this isn't unique to the Swans.

The Hawks were done for the year until they beat the Swans. Same with every other team, a win and they are the best, a loss and they aren't relevant anymore.

I am comfortable with the media being idiots.

Every Swans fan knows that we never matched the hype (except against the Cats and a few quarters here and there).

Now we can settle down and focus on the finals.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-still-has-the-lplates-on-20140731-zyu34.html

Waynkery thinks we're becoming too Buddy/Tippo-centric.

(Well I guess he and Horse would know about teams that get like that.)

I think he's overdoing it, though I must admit to being slightly concerned that our spread of goalkickers is often well below the customary dozen or so names we used to see week-in, week-out a few years back.

But we're playing a more attacking game now, and scoring more total goals than in times past, so it's working.

And I don't doubt that if both the Twin Towers went down for a game of two, we'd be able to resurrect the swarm of goalkicking midfielders strategy pretty quicksmart.

And it's a bit much to say we've now got "one of the most talented lists in the competition". (I mean, we've always known that!) but we're still, by and large, the same bunch of plodders that won the flag in 2012.

I honestly think our gameplan in 2012 with midfielders running both ways was a cause/effect of having no real focus targets inside 50 and i also believe the 2012 gameplan was unsustainable for more than a season.

When Buddy/Tippo were fit and on the park we were kicking regualry over 100points its a non-issue imo.

I honestly think our gameplan in 2012 with midfielders running both ways was a cause/effect of having no real focus targets inside 50 and i also believe the 2012 gameplan was unsustainable for more than a season.

When Buddy/Tippo were fit and on the park we were kicking regualry over 100points its a non-issue imo.

You might be on to something there. We were so sore mid season 2013 we just ground to a halt. Injuries didn't help. But it's hard to run that hard consistently.

We just need to find the loose options around Buddy and Tippo when they're surrounded a bit more.

good god if you accept his facts re the talent, which means we had the 4-5 elite already in 2012 by the way wayne, then its just stupid.

In 2012 all we heard was hawks have so much talent and we are a good honest team that wont beat them and now we have too much talent to beat their even well drilled team?

give it a spell wayne, time to get off the meth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The new cost of living allowance, which has to be ratified by the AFL commission at its next meeting, will apply to about half the Sydney playing list, for only 2015 and 2016. But players with existing contracts, obviously, will have their contracts maintained"

What does this mean? That the new COLA of $10k for players on less than $300k will apply for 2015 and 2016 but for those on current contracts nothing changes? And what about 2017 and beyond? That can't be right. o_O

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-still-has-the-lplates-on-20140731-zyu34.html

Waynkery thinks we're becoming too Buddy/Tippo-centric.

(Well I guess he and Horse would know about teams that get like that.)

I think he's overdoing it, though I must admit to being slightly concerned that our spread of goalkickers is often well below the customary dozen or so names we used to see week-in, week-out a few years back.

But we're playing a more attacking game now, and scoring more total goals than in times past, so it's working.

And I don't doubt that if both the Twin Towers went down for a game of two, we'd be able to resurrect the swarm of goalkicking midfielders strategy pretty quicksmart.

And it's a bit much to say we've now got "one of the most talented lists in the competition". (I mean, we've always known that!) but we're still, by and large, the same bunch of plodders that won the flag in 2012.

Tippetts played 6 games this year.

Not sure how he has become an overwhelming target given he has played a third of the games available but whatever.

Sounds good doesn't it but:

Duck: Swans win 12 in a row because the kick it to Tippett a lot....if he is out of the side they are stuffed.

Reality answers: He played in less than half the games

Duck: >.<

We are in our premiership window , I just can't see us drafting a Kpd kid in the draft and expecting them to walk in and play against the best , it just doesn't happen. A mature age is a must if we wanna stay at the top and we need one this year as you only have to look at mcpharlin and see how quick players can drop off and that's why I'm worried about ted. If we do get a mature age kd ted can play as a 3rd up Ala glass in his final years , as much as I love ted he can't go on for ever against the clokes , roughys etc.

Surely we are taking the piss if we get Frawley we will be hated for the next decade.

Haha. Couldn't get any worse than it already is.

I'm inclined to think that it's BS, but I thought the same thing about Franklin so who knows.

We are in our premiership window , I just can't see us drafting a Kpd kid in the draft and expecting them to walk in and play against the best , it just doesn't happen. A mature age is a must if we wanna stay at the top and we need one this year as you only have to look at mcpharlin and see how quick players can drop off and that's why I'm worried about ted. If we do get a mature age kd ted can play as a 3rd up Ala glass in his final years , as much as I love ted he can't go on for ever against the clokes , roughys etc.

I agree, although I'm not sure Frawley is the most logical choice with his wage demands.

If it hadn't been for AJ's terrible luck I reckon he would have been more than ready to take over next year.

I agree, although I'm not sure Frawley is the most logical choice with his wage demands.

If it hadn't been for AJ's terrible luck I reckon he would have been more than ready to take over next year.
I'm not sold on him , would rather a talia who can't get a game at the bulldogs or Tarrant like player that will be far cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back