Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
do people care if he hurts? He should be made to wear a carlton jumper....
An outspoken Carlton supporter and we can humiliate him in public and promote the Collingwood brand at the same time? Golden PR opportunity

Buckley selected 2 first gamers against last years premiers. Huge mistake last nights game was for a top 4 spot .. Moore is no where near ready for AFL you have Grundy and greenwood in the vfl.. Grundy would've offered more than 4 touches and would've helped out Witts .. White did better than Witts in the ruck when he went in the middle .. Buckley please go back to basics and play man on man .. Leeking easy uncontested marks and goals every week costs the pies wins ..

Aren't you the GUY that thought Moore was playing in the VFL last week? Obviously a very keen student of the game.

Aren't you the GUY that thought Moore was playing in the VFL last week? Obviously a very keen student of the game.
Yes I did I watched the replay and in my opionion Grundy would've helped Witts and done more up forward than the young Moore did .. Top 4 spot was up for grabs last week but I see the club has its eyes set in the next couple of years to really push for finals and a flag ..

If the pea brains like yourself didnt want to fix something that wasnt broken then we would have 1 or 2 more premierships. Making changes when your at the top is pure idiocy but many like yourself would never admit that you were wrong. Ill say it again, I TOLD YOU SO! :)
Mate - It must be hard to accept that you were wrong, about Bucks, and MM at Carlton
Hindsight has a wonderful way or exposing poor judgement.

Yes I did I watched the replay and in my opionion Grundy would've helped Witts and done more up forward than the young Moore did .. Top 4 spot was up for grabs last week but I see the club has its eyes set in the next couple of years to really push for finals and a flag ..
Oh - so you're not happy about the club focusing on long term success?

Oh - so you're not happy about the club focusing on long term success?
Yes I am happy .. But a top 4 spot was up for grabs and the club played 2 first gamers when you had more experience players in the vfl .. It shows that the club is looking at the future and that finals this year is not everything ..

He would have but Grundy wasn't 100% ready. Full stop...
Desperately reaching for a top 4 spot in a development year is shortsighted gain for long term pain.
Buck is not throwing in players that don't warrant selection . The message that coach will look after his players and give them an opportunity when ready , will stay beyond the season and is more valuable then a top 4 spot at a certain time in the comp.

Yes I am happy .. But a top 4 spot was up for grabs and the club played 2 first gamers when you had more experience players in the vfl .. It shows that the club is looking at the future and that finals this year is not everything ..

So if you're happy we are focussing on the long term ( and not TOP 4), why are you complaining that Bucks is giving young guys game time, and quite rightly overlooking experienced player in the VFL.
You are a bit confused I think.

He
Desperately reaching for a top 4 spot in a development year is shortsighted gain for long term pain.
Buck is not throwing in players that don't warrant selection . The message that coach will look after his players and give them an opportunity when ready , will stay beyond the season and is more valuable then a top 4 spot at a certain time in the comp.
Grundy played well in the vfl and Blair played well for the 1 quarter he got .. If Grundy wasn't ready then I would've started Moore as sub and had Blair with his experience start ., As Blair showed when he come on .

So if you're happy we are focussing on the long term ( and not TOP 4), why are you complaining that Bucks is giving young guys game time, and quite rightly overlooking experienced player in the VFL.

Because I assume he's saying we potentially cost ourselves Top 4 for THIS year in the hopes of Top 4 in the future. I can see his point. We can still blood kids THIS year without costing ourselves games. I'm not blaming Moore and Maynard. But you could see how someone could come to the conclusion that removing Moore and Maynard and adding say...Kennedy and Greenwood, or Grundy and Kennedy may have made a 10 point difference.

Do you think Blair showed more in 1 quarter than Moore showed in 3 ??

I
If grundy is not fit then why risk him in the vfl ?? It would've been better to rest him for another week to get him 100 % right ? Grundy was in great form before the 2 weeks he missed with the neck injury

I'm just stating what I seen and think that's all it only a discussion .. You have your apionion as I do ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I assume he's saying we potentially cost ourselves Top 4 for THIS year in the hopes of Top 4 in the future. I can see his point. We can still blood kids THIS year without costing ourselves games. I'm not blaming Moore and Maynard. But you could see how someone could come to the conclusion that removing Moore and Maynard and adding say...Kennedy and Greenwood, or Grundy and Kennedy may have made a 10 point difference.
Blair also starting on the ground would've help as we are a young side ..

An outspoken Carlton supporter and we can humiliate him in public and promote the Collingwood brand at the same time? Golden PR opportunity

We need to be compassionate. He is already a carlton supporter. How can we humiliate him any more?

What we should be saying to him is if you win your bet, we'll let you wear the collingwood jumper...

Than you ..Blair also starting on the ground would've help as we are a young side .. But I'm not getting big bucks to coach it's just what I see from the sideline
Do you think BLAIR can play as a 3rd tall fwd for 3 qtrs of a game?
It's obviously not a relevant comparison.
blair did kick a goal and took s couple of marks all in 1 quarter he had an impact on the game with 1 quarter .. Moore didn't in 3 quarters .. White takes the ruck work up forward not Moore .. Grundy was ready to play vfl his ready to play Afl ., the experience Grundy has would've helped Witts and given white more time up forward and it would been more likley to get us over the line .,

I

If grundy is not fit then why risk him in the vfl ?? It would've been better to rest him for another week to get him 100 % right ? Grundy was in great form before the 2 weeks he missed with the neck injury
Physical fitness is not a concern here. After neck injury i would say best path is easing him into 3 qtr VFL to get some game time in him and get over the fear of putting his head down again.

You have given 2 alternatives
Rush him straight in against a premiership team.
Wait and send him into a must win game.

Nah. We can and should do without him. Cloke and Fas kick straight and we wouldn't have this discussion.

Grundy was ready to play vfl his ready to play Afl.,
Gift of hindsight and then topped up with speculation. Here's another one. We could have played Reid too for 3 qtrs and then subbed him.

Gift of hindsight and then topped up with speculation. Here's another one. We could have played Reid too for 3 qtrs and then subbed him.
Yes we could've 2 weeks ago .. Very true words .. It's better to risk champion in the afl than the vfl

Unfortunately Grundy and Greenwopd were NQR to play. Kennedy and someone could have come in but it needed to be a small defender which leaves us with: Armstrong and Seedsman... Not confident they'd have done better than Maynaed defensively but their offensive drive may have made the difference. Kennedy over Moore would have had Cloke get double teamed but I guess he didn't so anything anyway. At the end of the day you may be right, but it's certainly not clear cut that anyone we had available would have made enough of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back