Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say you have NFI.

Buckley owes this club success since he was a major factor in the failure of 2011 at minimum. He should have announced that if we win the flag he will stand aside for another year. That way everyone would have been focused on winning games of footy including the players! You can go on all you like about contracts but the fact was Buckley taking over when he did was a monumental mistake.

How do you know discussions were not going on behind the scenes or at least if we had won, Buckley would not have done this.

Problem was MM started behaving like a self-indulgent child, particularly in the media. You know, like he did in his last few months with the Blues.

You cannot blame Buckley for how MM and the players reacted. Buckley conducted himself with class throughout the entire period. Hold those that did not responsible for any failure, not Buckley.

Id say you have NFI.

Buckley owes this club success since he was a major factor in the failure of 2011 at minimum. He should have announced that if we win the flag he will stand aside for another year. That way everyone would have been focused on winning games of footy including the players! You can go on all you like about contracts but the fact was Buckley taking over when he did was a monumental mistake.
Buckley owes this club nothing! He gave his all as a player and is doing a pretty good job as a coach.
I think it may be you that may owe a bit more confidence in the club and its decision making.

Last edited:

WTF do you want?

I want those folks who produced "The Killing Season" to make a sequel ...

... "I felt that Collingwood was a very good football side that had lost its way, and I was determined to get it back on track"

Mick has retired. It's now time.

Last edited:
I want those folks who produced "The Killing Season" to make a sequel ...

... "I felt that Collingwood was a very good football side that had lost its way, and I was determined to get it back on track"

Mick has retired. It's now time.

why would we want to do that. just brings up stuff that club and supporters [most] have finely moved on from

Id say you have NFI.

keep up the good work...

You don't reckon it would rate?

rate yes because its Collingwood especially in the southern states but do we really need it just now. may be in 2-3
years yes

good rugged looks dont guarantee success.... i'm the perfect example. I'm fabulously good looking but i've never won lotto.
Having a face like a relief map of Europe is not generally referred to as "rugged good looks".:)

rate yes because its Collingwood especially in the southern states but do we really need it just now. may be in 2-3
years yes
By all means make it after we win 4 in a row....
Make it a musical.

[MM]
Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch...Again!
Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch...Right!
That connects with...
Turn, turn, out, in, jump, step,
Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch.
Got it?... Going on. And...
Turn, turn, touch, down, back, step,
Pivot, step, walk, walk, walk.

Right! Let's do the whole combination,
Facing away from the boundary.
From the top. A-Five, six, seven, eight!

[Bucks]
God, I hope I get it.
I hope I get it.
How many seasons does he need?

[Eddie]
How many seasons does he need?

[Bucks]
God, I hope I get it.

[Bucks]
I hope I get it.
How many drafts, how many years?

[MM]
How many drafts, how many...?

[Perty]
Look at all the players!
At all the draftpicks.
How many chances does he need?
How many drafts, how many trades?
How many finals does he...?

[Bucks]
I really need this job.
Please God, I need this job.
I've got to get this job.

[MM]
God, I really blew it!
I nearly blew it!
How could I do a thing like that?

[Eddie]
How could he do a thing like...

[MM]
Now I'll never make it!
I'll never make it!
Ed doesn't like the way we lose.
He doesn't like the way I coach.
He doesn't like the way I...

[Eddie]
GOD, I think I've got it.
I think I've got it.
I knew he just needed some more time.
Still it isn't over.

[Members]
What's coming next?

[Members]
It isn't over.

[MM, Eddie and Bucks]
What happens now?

[ALL]
I can't imagine how his works.

[MM]
I can't imagine what he...

[MM and Bucks together]
God, I think I get it!
I think I get it.
We've come this far, because of Ed,
It could be yes, it could be no,
How many coaches does he...?

I really need this job.

[MM after 2010]
My employment will still be gone.

[MM]
Please, God, I need a job.

[Eddie]
I knew he had it from the start.

[Ed and Perty]
We've got to get Bucks to coach.

[MM]
Who am I anyway?
Am I my resume?
That is a picture of a person I don't know.

What do they want from me?
What should I try to be?
So many faces all around, and here we go.
I need this job, oh God, I need this job.

[MM]
Hello, Sticks?

I think Buckley is proving to be one of the best coaches in the league. Clarkson has the runs on the board and clearly is number 1. Then you cast the net out. If he does win a flag in the next 3-5 I think he will have done nothing short of an amazing job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like everyone to know i thought Bucks was a hopeless coach and that i couldn't be happier for having nfi. THe turnaround and the way this team is playing is sensational. The players play so hard (well most of them) but they also have an attacking flair that was basically unforeseeable last season. The past two games have been incredible, incredibly bright future.

(still think lappin was woeful)

I would like everyone to know i thought Bucks was a hopeless coach and that i couldn't be happier for having nfi. THe turnaround and the way this team is playing is sensational. The players play so hard (well most of them) but they also have an attacking flair that was basically unforeseeable last season. The past two games have been incredible, incredibly bright future.

(still think lappin was woeful)

Inb4 shitfight.

No team and I mean no team plays with the endeavour the pies do if they don't support the coach. Bucks is simply killing it this year. The players are trying there hardest each game and the ferocity they bring is enjoyable.

How far we have pushed teams who are harden finals teams 2 weeks in a row and could have won is a great effort.

A bit more polish and we will start winning those games. We could be so much lower on the ladder and be making excuses that we have one of the youngest lists in the AFL but simply we keep having a dip and after the 2 hardest games of the season with a combined losing total of 19 points we are in great shape.

The man can coach, the players have bought in and they are playing for him.
The club is united and heading in the right direction.
We don't need to revisit the handover ever again.
Can we close the thread now?

Id say you have NFI.

The most delusional post I've read on BF even coming from you, the greatest Bucks hater there is.

Next thing you'll tell us Thomas would still be playing like 2010/2011 if MM was coach (Carlton just unlucky they didn't sign MM to bring out that form again......oh wait:oops:), Didak and Jolly still playing, Dawes and Wellingham killing it and Shaw and Beams off the wiz and gas while sticking to team principles.

He is doing a great job of coaching this young side, he has rebuilt this side very quickly. And not only is his coaching ability starting to show but he is also turning around the whole club in the way they go about their professionalism and standards required to be the best in the land!
Sign him up Eddie, we are heading in the right direction and he deserves another 3 years to bring this side all the way!

Buckley selected 2 first gamers against last years premiers. Huge mistake last nights game was for a top 4 spot .. Moore is no where near ready for AFL you have Grundy and greenwood in the vfl.. Grundy would've offered more than 4 touches and would've helped out Witts .. White did better than Witts in the ruck when he went in the middle .. Buckley please go back to basics and play man on man .. Leeking easy uncontested marks and goals every week costs the pies wins ..

Buckley selected 2 first gamers against last years premiers. Huge mistake last nights game was for a top 4 spot .. Moore is no where near ready for AFL you have Grundy and greenwood in the vfl.. Grundy would've offered more than 4 touches and would've helped out Witts .. White did better than Witts in the ruck when he went in the middle .. Buckley please go back to basics and play man on man .. Leeking easy uncontested marks and goals every week costs the pies wins ..
I do agree with debuting 2 guys was silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back