• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Finnis that is holding up a sacking of Richo, then I'd almost go as far to say that he needs to be supplanted immediately. Apart from the move back to Moorabbin (which I still maintain was a matter of *if* not when, such that any administration would have done it eventually - not to take anything away from those involved), Finnis has done a lot of grandstanding to build his own image, such as aiming for an AFLW license before establishing a proper VFL side, or even a healthy VFL affiliation for that matter. If he is blocking the sacking of Richo in order to prevent tarnishing his image, then that is reprehensible.

Comparing the two AFL cronies in Lethlean and Finnis, both of them have desire to hold high ranking positions in the AFL head office. However, since Lethlean was pushed out, he must deliver in order to redeem himself and justify a return, whereas Finnis looks like he's merely trying to dress up his resume with a nice little bow on top. But whilst success for Lethlean is tied directly to the success of our club, this doesn't appear to be the case for Finnis and may hurt the club (potentially significantly).
He doesn’t need to go. But his vote holds significant weight on this board and it sways others.

Finnis and Summers were always in the Richo camp. Who knows if Finnis will succeed in holding up the dam wall, and for how long. But one gets the impression that he is not entirely motivated by the club's best interests (as others have mentioned). For the sake of his career, he wants to be able to leave on his own terms and when the club is in a stable position on and off field.

Sounds like Finnis needs to put his big boy pants on and step up, rather than see the decision as a reflection on him and try to cover his own arse.
My guess is he doesn't want to have to be the one to sell the sacking to the football world especially when he doesn't believe in the decision.

Tough! That's what he gets paid for and the Stkilda faithful have spoken!

He's already a mastermind, Cho just needs to change up his look..
40567829_2054628391235377_1543926290623496192_n.jpg

40636676_272652530016590_9129885897494364160_n.jpg

aaa.jpg

40646996_289771598284022_2289122589861216256_n.jpg

I'm liking the peroxide rinse and caterpillar myself.
Me too. It has a certain "Blighty" look to it. Just needs the receding hairline.

Let the haters hate mate.
too much george hate in here for my liking. he does a lot for people just because he loves the club. completely selfess and he rarely if ever publicly attacks anyone
Fellas I guess if some people have no clue they should quit while they're behind lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fellas I guess if some people have no clue they should quit while they're behind lol

yeh you know my thoughts on it, i want the forum more inclussive and supportive. less attacking and personal.

more closely aligned to the club.

yeh you know my thoughts on it, i want the forum more inclussive and supportive. less attacking and personal.

more closely aligned to the club.
Yeah if we have the ability to get club involved on here why not!

side note: whats the delay on gubby allen
Yes, it's looking like he was too much to hope for. Can't believe his part time consultant role would preclude making an announcement.

I'd feel a lot happier about shopping players around if I knew he was behind it rather than a banker still going through his induction and a self appointed hatchet man who's never had any experience in an AFL Club prior to now.

This all has a familiar smell to it, this club always ends up shooting itself in the foot.

First decision to stick with Richo after the review.
1. Appears was at least in part due to money - Wouldn't matter at a big club
2. In part due to pride of the board and administrators who extended his contract
3. Then we start hiring his new team and committing to contracts for 2019 and beyond as we set up the new team underneath the re-endorsed coach
4. Meanwhile all this good news just stokes the fires of the players - supporters - sponsors
5. Players start threatening to leave/mutiny
6. Corporates - Sponsors etc start throwing their weight around
7. Supporters start talking about petitions or board challenges
8. Board Panics - and calls a "Secret Board Meeting" which is instantly leaked and they still can't decide

What Next:
9. Finnis resigns - Richo is sacked - want away players still want to leave - We are locked in to appointing Ratten with no proper search.

Just shows the club still runs like my local footy club: Whatever the outcome it is a shambles

Cant wait for Richo to be sacked so we can win the flag next year.
You lot are so much baying for blood you have lost your sense of perspective.
Personally reckon Richo should be replaced, but that means 2019 is a write off while the new coach recalibrate the game plan and players learn it.
Sacking the coach may be a sugar hit, but it solves very little.
Can't wait for us to be 3-10 and the hobbyist hysterics calling for the new coaches head.

Our coach looks ordinary, but it is not the panacea to all our ills.
Unless the playing group m shaken to its core, it will be 2023 and we will still be wondering the wilderness.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back