Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tick tock.

Gonna be the worst decision if we don’t get rid of him. Will struggle to get 15k to home games next year.

Optimism & hope has evaporated.

We struggled to get 15000 this year and most of them weren't our supporters. The cheer squad is hardly turning up any more. Bulldogs had about 200 behind their goals at our home game, we looked like about 30. They had full floggers and flags we had a few stalwarts still clinging on.

I hate how the rsea is some much more prominent than our logo
I guess their paying big bucks for that type of exposure but I reckon it would look great with a big Saints crest on the white wall to the right of the RSEA sign.

He was 100% going to coach prior to the exit interviews.
The fact that we have players wanting to move creates uncertainty. Can those players be talked around? Can we sell a further rebuild to the fans if they can’t?

Do we think another coach can get more out of this group?

I am out of the loop today. But I know 100% board members had been on the phone yesterday and on skype dealing with this matter.

Sometimes it pays to listen to the people who are actually coached by the bloke. When players aren't committing, and our past captain is clearly no fan, one wonders on what grounds they're supporting him. It boggles the mind.

this, and i dont even want richo here right now. i want him gone.

the problem is the club has opened them selves up to this constant media and rumor circus because they're running with a dual narrative that doesn't make a lick of sense. so no wonder you have people in the media going **** this doesn't make sense at all, so i'm going with what i think and they like us are all sitting there going richo's position is completely untenable.

you want to fix that, get the message right. be more open about it. dont sit there going richo is a good coach, will be there in 2019, but the performance is crap because he doesn't have enough support and the list management was sub par. All whilst stating that we have no problems moving him, and we would have if the pay out wasn't so large and if a better option comes up like clarko and he's still being reviewed by lethlean who won't shy away from moving people on.

it's like what is it, is he the coach or isn't
see i see it as it being able to be both ....
from my point what the club is saying is that Richo is a capable coach he has shown he can be decent when we have the support around him to be successful (eg list) so as a club we are working on gettin the support around him right to give him the best chance to make it so he has our support and we are happy to move forward with him BUT... we are a perfomance business and if there is a better viable option there for us to take (eg Clarko) then we will gladly cut him loose for that ...
my bet is we dont rally have an option available to replace Richo that is going to be a significant enough improvment but if that does infact present itself we will move him on .. itslike driving a toyota and wanting a ferrari the toyoto is not fancy but it does the job but if the opition of a farrari comes you take it every time but you dont ditch your toyota for a push bike just cause its not a ferrari

Well Richo is still signed in to Skype for Business, and his status is available, so I'm pretty sure he is still in the top job.

Although Matt Finnis's status has been set as away for the past 3 hours. If he was in a meeting, it should be appearing as Busy (unless the meeting went overtime).

Maybe we should just send him a message and ask?

Last edited:
I hate how the rsea is some much more prominent than our logo
Its no different to other clubs. Hell Collingwood has a big LED sign on the oval.
You wouldn't believe how trusted the source was about board meeting today. Lyon has no clue LOL
Even if it was crap we all had a fun Saturday night getting pissed.

My source was that it was a bored meeting and I believe it actually went ahead :thumbsu:

vsdea0.jpg
Classic Doc!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this, and i dont even want richo here right now. i want him gone.

the problem is the club has opened them selves up to this constant media and rumor circus because they're running with a dual narrative that doesn't make a lick of sense. so no wonder you have people in the media going **** this doesn't make sense at all, so i'm going with what i think and they like us are all sitting there going richo's position is completely untenable.

you want to fix that, get the message right. be more open about it. dont sit there going richo is a good coach, will be there in 2019, but the performance is crap because he doesn't have enough support and the list management was sub par. All whilst stating that we have no problems moving him, and we would have if the pay out wasn't so large and if a better option comes up like clarko and he's still being reviewed by lethlean who won't shy away from moving people on.

it's like what is it, is he the coach or isn't
I think the answer is pretty straight forward and the narrative has been the same for the last two months

"Alan Richardson is going to be the coach next year and there are going to be some new support staff around him," Bassat said.

"The club is giving a lot of support to Alan to help him be the coach we know he can be and take the club forward and respond to a disappointing 2018."

So the problem seems to be that many on here just can't accept the boards view.

As for double message's - really. This is a double message - would you stick to the first part if the second part came true.

Gresh is a great player and we will be trying to keep him with the Saints for his entire career unless something highly unlikely happens. (like Richmond wants to trade him for Dusty and Rance)

I think the answer is pretty straight forward and the narrative has been the same for the last two months

"Alan Richardson is going to be the coach next year and there are going to be some new support staff around him," Bassat said.

"The club is giving a lot of support to Alan to help him be the coach we know he can be and take the club forward and respond to a disappointing 2018."

So the problem seems to be that many on here just can't accept the boards view.

As for double message's - really. This is a double message - would you stick to the first part if the second part came true.

Gresh is a great player and we will be trying to keep him with the Saints for his entire career unless something highly unlikely happens. (like Richmond wants to trade him for Dusty and Rance)

We can't hold Gresham against his will. If he doesn't like the way we are going he can leave as soon as his contract expires, some don't even do that. We are going to have to do a start from scratch rebuild if the better players start to leave. I would rather the players over Richo.

We struggled to get 15000 this year and most of them weren't our supporters.
gringo....our average home game attendance this year was 25,500......down on last years av of 31,300.

Yes...it's going to be a hard sell for next season…..a very hard sell at this stage.

Well looks like Richo may still be coach and half the team is leaving.
But don’t despair guys, the Saints have a back up plan which will save them thousands of dollars
to add to their coffers.

The Indonesian AFL footbal team, is now relocating to Arsey Park and will play as The Saints.
2F567D39-8C99-4865-9A5C-33F85F53F5ED.jpeg

I spoke to a retried Saints player 18 months ago, (Played in the 09/10 GF's) he told me that he wished he played under Richo, that the players love him and respected him, funny how much can change in 18 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back