Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Tasmania, The WACA, 21-25 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of massive.....

I turned on the coverage today and the commentary was about a player debut in the final but the camera was on him, and I thought "far out Tasmania must have needed to make some calls to field the side after they got to Perth". He looked like a G grade fill in, but was effective enough with the ball

I turned on the coverage today and the commentary was about a player debut in the final but the camera was on him, and I thought "far out Tasmania must have needed to make some calls to field the side after they got to Perth". He looked like a G grade fill in, but was effective enough with the ball
He's been in Tasmania's system for about five years. They mustn't be too worried about his weight gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been a great game so far.
I don’t see why everything must come down to the last day or ball.

Wasn't really talking about this game in particular tbh, the coverage itself always lacks 'gusto'. Maybe because I'm just so used to watching it through dodgy live streams that when there's actual TV coverage it feels different. Dunno.

Wasn't really talking about this game in particular tbh, the coverage itself always lacks 'gusto'. Maybe because I'm just so used to watching it through dodgy live streams that when there's actual TV coverage it feels different. Dunno.
Fair enough.
I think we need to put it in perspective though,
No one really watches Shield Cricket, just old guys like us.
I think CA does a great job covering the competition under the circumstances, I’m pretty appreciative of the coverage we get.

Last edited:
This one's as good as done. Not sure what it is about Shield finals but they're just awful spectacles and I love my domestic cricket.

Sheffield Shield cricket has always been my favourite, ever since I started watching in the mid 60s. When they introduced the final, it was in line with the attitude that you need finals, that you have to have results, etc. I wasn't sure about it then, and I'm even less happy about them now. It has become an anti-climax as generally they are a snore fest and colossal waste of time.

Tasmania virtually lost any advantage it may have had by winning the toss and sending WA in. This was on the heels of the same tactic backfiring on them the week before against the Redbacks. To resurrect the game, they are in dire need of a huge partnership, but with the way 1st class cricket is played these days, it is highly unlikely.

Fair enough.
I think we need to put it in perspective though,
No one really watches Shield Cricket, just old guys like us.
I think CA does a great job covering the competition under the circumstances, I’m pretty appreciative of the coverage we get.

Couldn't agree more...I live overseas & was ecstatic when CA started free live streaming all the Shield & Marsh Cup matches a few years back

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The writing was really on the wall when Tassie lost to the redbacks last round...

Stunning catch!

My boy Corey again get him on that plane to Sri Lanka!!

Are there internationals in Sheffield shield like county cricket?

Not these days.

There used to be back in the 1980s when you had the likes of Michael Holding playing for Tassie and Ian Botham playing for Queensland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back