Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

still want him to break his leg tbh

It's a delicate situation, i wouldn't wish injury on anyone......................................... but surely everyone knows he won't last the entire length of the contract. The mind might be willing, the body will eventually fail to stand up to the way the game is played.

I am actually really glad our clubs do not meet until round 8 as it hopefully means both clubs will be able to get our best players on the park and for the Swans it means getting our players into better form.

Friday night at ANZ has the potential to be a very good game.

On a side note I feel almost dirty cheer for Buddy. The only other time I ever did it was in 2008 in the Victoria vs Allies game and in that game he was extremely frustrating as his kicking was shite.

Here's an interesting insight into the mind of a $wans running player in this Jetta article:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sy...h-lance-franklin/story-fndv8ujy-1226880360974

“It’s good, if I get in trouble I just kick it long. We’ve got a lot of targets up there and it makes out midfielders jobs easy.”
Which effectively translates to: "Now that we have Buddy & Tippett we no longer need to bust a gut in the midfield, we can bomb it long and hope!"

Sounds a lot like our 2009 "Kick it to Buddy" gameplan, and we all know how that turned out. :D

I am actually really glad our clubs do not meet until round 8 as it hopefully means both clubs will be able to get our best players on the park and for the Swans it means getting our players into better form.

On a side note I feel almost dirty cheer for Buddy. The only other time I ever did it was in 2008 in the Victoria vs Allies game and in that game he was extremely frustrating as his kicking was shite.

If it feels wrong or dirty, it more than likely is.;)

A friend sent me this a little earlier tonight. Not sure who made it. Haven't posted a photo for a while, so I hope this works!

nuvama9u.jpg

You'd think with all his money he could get those rotten teeth fixed.
I still remember how that happened, pushed in the back into a St Kilda fist into the mouth. No free kick naturally.

And it was our ol' mate Zac the Hack Dawson who did it! Think the umpire paid it the other way because Buddy's mouth was over Dawson's fist!
I'm a little upset you didn't like my post?

I agree. Maybe Mumford will be back by then :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Hawthorn from afar, like from really afar, thousands of miles away, but I love it. How could you be the club's star player, pin up boy, be such an integral part of the Hawthorn fabric, a hero to thousands upon thousands of kids and adults alike, all over the country..........and turn your back on it to play for those soft pr1cks? I'll never get it.

I love Hawthorn from afar, like from really afar, thousands of miles away, but I love it. How could you be the club's star player, pin up boy, be such an integral part of the Hawthorn fabric, a hero to thousands upon thousands of kids and adults alike, all over the country..........and turn your back on it to play for those soft pr1cks? I'll never get it.
Ever been offered $10 million?

I don't hold this against Franklin. His best is behind him and he was offered a crazy deal. He had to take it. It looks like being a disaster for the swans and a blessing for us. Our forward line is still the best in the comp and we now have the salary cap space to sure up other parts of the ground over the next few years.

Lo
Ever been offered $10 million?

I don't hold this against Franklin. His best is behind him and he was offered a crazy deal. He had to take it. It looks like being a disaster for the swans and a blessing for us. Our forward line is still the best in the comp and we now have the salary cap space to sure up other parts of the ground over the next few years.
More things in life more important than money mate. And it's not like we weren't looking after him dollar wise. You could offer me any amount and I couldn't support another club. Maybe you could. Buddy could. I couldn't.
Anyway old news and I shouldn't give it another thought. I totally agree with your sentiment re us being the winners out of the deal.

I am not hating on bud, would prefer him to do well.
But where is his run? It is hard to tell on tv, but he doesn't seem to be chasing or leading and behind everything.
Last year he aas everywhere for us..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back