The jumper - It was a bloody mess

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I second the idea of the disco blue jumper as a clash strip but good luck getting that past the Anti Fun League who like everything to be white.
The clash policy people are clearly colour blind anyway. Half the rounds of the season have clash strips clashing with other clash strips. I love watching footy from before it was 'managed.' It seems like it was a miracle that clubs could just play in their jerseys and umpires wore white. The hundred thousand people in the crowd every week just musn't have known who was who I guess..

I actually think the AHG logo is pretty neat. It's certainly much better than True Value Solar on Essendon's guernsey, Renault on Port's or Emirates on Collingwood's. All those are slapped on eyesores that don't mesh with the jumper design at all.

Sponsors don't want their logos to blend in - otherwise what's the point of paying for the exposure? As an opposition fan I've always liked your jumper especially with the navy blue. Agree with the comment about removing the ahg website.
As for a clash jumper have you considered red with a blue yoke?

Sponsors don't want their logos to blend in - otherwise what's the point of paying for the exposure? As an opposition fan I've always liked your jumper especially with the navy blue. Agree with the comment about removing the ahg website.
As for a clash jumper have you considered red with a blue yoke?
Personally I reckon our away jumper should just be a lihht blue like our early 80s jumper

I ******* hate that logo - love the monogram, dislike the trident, the southern cross and all that other crap. Also adamantly against the white jumper. Not a fan of Melbourne in white, looks wrong.

Preferably, I would be for something like this:
frEijsY.png

I ******* hate that logo - love the monogram, dislike the trident, the southern cross and all that other crap. Also adamantly against the white jumper. Not a fan of Melbourne in white, looks wrong.

frEijsY.png

Holy Crap, I Love these! these need to be submitted to the club to have a look at because lets be honest the away and clash jumpers look much better than the white one we currently have.

They look good but I don't think they fit the AFL requirements for a clash. I think both the royal blue and red would be classified as 'dark' colours. It's stupid I know.

Tbh I don't mind the white clash all that much. I think it's simple and does the job. A necessary evil. In a weird way it makes you appreciate our home guernsey more as well.

They look good but I don't think they fit the AFL requirements for a clash. I think both the royal blue and red would be classified as 'dark' colours. It's stupid I know.

Tbh I don't mind the white clash all that much. I think it's simple and does the job. A necessary evil. In a weird way it makes you appreciate our home guernsey more as well.

Right, but you can't stop a brother from dreaming.

I agree with the logo. Its not needed.

It would be nice to reduce the sponsorship as well, but lets be honest - that revenue we need and changes would surely have financial impacts.

I like the colours and the yolk as well.

frEijsY.png
Socks should be disco blue with the away jumper IMO, also all blue shorts might work better than white. The "white shorts" rule is stupid, why would we wear white and introduce a third colour?

Otherwise, they're great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back