The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First female AFL player in 2035!
First Female brownlow medallist in 2045!

2036 Bigfooty Eagles board, new thread gets started

"How much longer can Darcy Priddis be played?"

I think after about 10400 posts the debate is finished.
Wait till he gets 33 possessions first game of he season - and only 6 of them actually go directly to an eagle

Waych it fire right the **** back up again....

Don't avoid the swear filter please

Last edited by a moderator:
pFFT! Preseason games will starts soon so we will be able to witness and then comment. You and yours attempts to stifle the debate will be fruitless!:p
The only line of debate that hasn't been discussed on this thread yet is how the midfield would function without Priddis. He would have to get injured and ruled out fore a four week sample space to be able to argue the merits of that debate. Every thing else in the debate has been put forward time and time again by both sides. Since reading the thread i have been tilted slightly towards the anti Priddis side.

The only line of debate that hasn't been discussed on this thread yet is how the midfield would function without Priddis. He would have to get injured and ruled out fore a four week sample space to be able to argue the merits of that debate. Every thing else in the debate has been put forward time and time again by both sides. Since reading the thread i have been tilted slightly towards the anti Priddis side.
Correct, and until this happens this speculation will continue. IMHO starting 4 in centre square should be Naitanui, Yeo, Sheuy , Scooter - all capable of taking the ball and getting away. You reckon it'll get trialed in the NAB cup at least?

Correct, and until this happens this speculation will continue. IMHO starting 4 in centre square should be Naitanui, Yeo, Sheuy , Scooter - all capable of taking the ball and getting away. You reckon it'll get trialed in the NAB cup at least?
I completely agree with you about the starting 4 in the square. Maybe in a couple of years i would like Sheed in there and Selwood on the bench. The best time to trial a midfield without Priddis is the NAB Cup. There is no reason to play Priddis in the NAB Cup because we all know what to expect from him and it would be nice to see something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah - its been done.

I completely agree with you about the starting 4 in the square. Maybe in a couple of years i would like Sheed in there and Selwood on the bench. The best time to trial a midfield without Priddis is the NAB Cup. There is no reason to play Priddis in the NAB Cup because we all know what to expect from him and it would be nice to see something different.

Priddis will get another good run in the NAB cup.:thumbsdown:

Cant understand why....

Nah - its been done.
In the past 2/4 seasons Priddis has rarely been out fore a long period of time. He would have to miss 4/6 games in a row to have a serious look at how the midfield would be without him. Any debating on this subject has only been speculative not factual. Since he became a regular the least amount of games he has played in a season is 18 in 2008 and from 2009 to 2014 he has only missed 8 games. I wouldn't call that an extended time period without Priddis in the midfield. Therefore a midfield without Priddis hasn't been debated factually there is no evidence to suggest the midfield would be better or worse,

Yeah, no doubt Matt being Matt will play every single game of the Nab cup to go along with every single game of the regular season.

I love the way he's selfless enough to see that new players on our list deserve a chance :rolleyes: Just 1 game Matt... is that so hard? Take a rest.

Actually he did take a rest during the NAB Cup last year...

Yeah, no doubt Matt being Matt will play every single game of the Nab cup to go along with every single game of the regular season.

I love the way he's selfless enough to see that new players on our list deserve a chance :rolleyes: Just 1 game Matt... is that so hard? Take a rest.

Nobody deserves a chance unless they earn it.

Our midfield functioned fine against Gold Coast which had the games best mid in it. I'm sure we'd be ok if Priddis wasn't playing in it. Having said that, Priddus seemed to be being encouraged by the coaching staff to use the ball a bit better by hand and be a bit more evasive as the year went on. His game in Adelaide against Adelaide late in the year was a good example of that. That's just my opinion of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back