The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Career best form by a mile. I don't know what the hell Simpson said to him in the off season but is a much smarter footballer now than at any other point in his career.

The thing that's impressed me the most is the way he's standing up in tackles now and trying to get the handball away, that one to Gaff (I think) in the middle of the ground off a Nic Nat tap was awesome. Don't know whether it's a change in strategy or not, but he always used to drop to the ground and turtle over the ball to try and force another stoppage instead.
Yeah, he's noticeably raising his arms above tackles to get free and keep the ball moving forwards.
It's been really good to see.

Career best form by a mile. I don't know what the hell Simpson said to him in the off season but is a much smarter footballer now than at any other point in his career.
This !

Luckily he is at his best, covering up for Selwood who is in career worst form if that's even possible.

*Vomits

are you all high???

hahaha

Do you even football?

Blind freddy can see he's playing a different sort of game this year.

Posts like this are not exactly adding much to the topic...

well my addition to this post is .. isn't it it peculiar how now everyone so quickly hates Selwood for all the same stinking it up stuff we've taken from priddis for 3 years.
And again somehow priddis pulls another Houdini from criticism.. great "his numbers are up" compared to last year. So what. Its still the same .. missing taps, sloppy hands, falling over, missing targets, poor disposal, and lack of defense - more often than not.

Matter of fact 'I football' and I watch it very closely . bet none of you even watched this did you..

this is how you "play a great game" apparently... he misses beautiful nic nat taps straight to him bouncing off his chest/face.. gets caught , can't extract.. floats around on the rebound between the arcs.

we have a bunch of exciting, fast, dynamic, skillful midfielders now who do not need plod in there with them. Along with forward and back-lines who chase and speed like demons to contests when we are with or without the football. Who work and cover for each other. And they win, almost like its in spite of the priddis (and now selwood) black holes.

oh and I add this
the 2009 Priddis vintage

priddsa.jpg

Couldve sworn we played Richmond this week...

no crap!? u don't say.. It was more of the same except he got out a couple of great handballs to advantage this week and I saw a good running roving receive tap in the centre.. Regardless I'd rather Duggan start any day and we play him along with Nelson. With Rosa and Ellis back then Yeo can also play 90% midfield.

(haven't had time yet to edit the selwood-pridda stinkathon show)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well my addition to this post is .. isn't it it peculiar how now everyone so quickly hates Selwood for all the same stinking it up stuff we've taken from priddis for 3 years.
And again somehow priddis pulls another Houdini from criticism.. great "his numbers are up" compared to last year. So what. Its still the same .. missing taps, sloppy hands, falling over, missing targets, poor disposal, and lack of defense - more often than not.

Matter of fact 'I football' and I watch it very closely . bet none of you even watched this did you..

this is how you "play a great game" apparently... he misses beautiful nic nat taps straight to him bouncing off his chest/face.. gets caught , can't extract.. floats around on the rebound between the arcs.

we have a bunch of exciting, fast, dynamic, skillful midfielders now who do not need plod in there with them. Along with forward and back-lines who chase and speed like demons to contests when we are with or without the football. Who work and cover for each other. And they win, almost like its in spite of the priddis (and now selwood) black holes.

oh and I add this
the 2009 Priddis vintage

View attachment 145350

Is this a joke? Did you even watch that video yourself? He played quite well there and you seemed to have added a heap of play where he wasn't involved. Not sure what that was supposed to prove. Half of the time he gets caught or turns it over is because there are 2 or 3 guys hanging off him. Nobody would be able to get it out in those situations.

no crap!? u don't say.. It was more of the same except he got out a couple of great handballs to advantage this week and I saw a good running roving receive tap in the centre.. Regardless I'd rather Duggan start any day and we play him along with Nelson. With Rosa and Ellis back then Yeo can also play 90% midfield.

(haven't had time yet to edit the selwood-pridda stinkathon show)

Your bias is extremely noticeable in your highlights packages too and I find it hilarious that you dont realise your own bias(or maybe you do and you simply dont care).
You scrutinise every single play he may or may not be involved in and such is your bias that youll attribute every single team mistake or error to him or at least try to rationalise it to yourself.
Yeah he missed the Naitanui tap in that play. Guess what? Ive seen Shuey miss overrun and miss naitanui taps quite a few times. I can maybe put that in a highlights package and then you cna harp on about how Shuey is no good based on that play. Ill even put it in slow-mo so you cna stress your point.

Ah in the Richmond game McGovern kicked a turnover in the defensive 50 that resulted an opposition goal. He was also involved in a few plays that resulted in Richmond goals so if we apply your Priddis logic he mustve been responsible for allowing 3 goals. No good, right.

Is this a joke? Did you even watch that video yourself? He played quite well there and you seemed to have added a heap of play where he wasn't involved. Not sure what that was supposed to prove. Half of the time he gets caught or turns it over is because there are 2 or 3 guys hanging off him. Nobody would be able to get it out in those situations.

I honestly thought he was just a very dedicated troll, given that probably 80% of all his posts have some kind of anti-Priddis sentiment which is a trademark of some gimmick account. But domo is indeed serious it would seem if he's going to such great lengths to fault his game.
I mean Scott Selwood has his worst game for the Eagles in god knows how long (possibly ever) and his only thought is "Why doesnt everyone hate Priddis more?"

Your bias is extremely noticeable in your highlights packages too and I find it hilarious that you dont realise your own bias(or maybe you do and you simply dont care).
You scrutinise every single play he may or may not be involved in and such is your bias that youll attribute every single team mistake or error to him or at least try to rationalise it to yourself.
Yeah he missed the Naitanui tap in that play. Guess what? Ive seen Shuey miss overrun and miss naitanui taps quite a few times. I can maybe put that in a highlights package and then you cna harp on about how Shuey is no good based on that play. Ill even put it in slow-mo so you cna stress your point.

Ah in the Richmond game McGovern kicked a turnover in the defensive 50 that resulted an opposition goal. He was also involved in a few plays that resulted in Richmond goals so if we apply your Priddis logic he mustve been responsible for allowing 3 goals. No good, right.

that's the exact point of the edit. To show all priddis game involvements. That's every single one.. good and bad. and sorry to say its mostly bad and ineffective. Yes its my judgement as to what to include but I think I've got 99% of them in there.
Where-as the players u talk of, their net contribution is very much mostly good and advantages our team.

that's the exact point of the edit. To show all priddis game involvements. That's every single one.. good and bad. and sorry to say its mostly bad and ineffective. Yes its my judgement as to what to include but I think I've got 99% of them in there.
Where-as the players u talk of, their net contribution is very much mostly good and advantages our team.

Its not that you included all, its that you seem to notice only the negative plays. And I honestly do not think that is an exaggeration when i say that. It's personal prejudice against him and yes everyone is subjective. Pure objectively is a myth but you dont even try.

EDIT: Oh, and in my opinion there are a lot of positive plays that you somehow spin to become a negative play.

I honestly thought he was just a very dedicated troll, given that probably 80% of all his posts have some kind of anti-Priddis sentiment which is a trademark of some gimmick account. But domo is indeed serious it would seem if he's going to such great lengths to fault his game.
I mean Scott Selwood has his worst game for the Eagles in god knows how long (possibly ever) and his only thought is "Why doesnt everyone hate Priddis more?"

haha yeah I'm a lonely voice in the wilderness.. "hate priddis tooo .. come on guysss,, come back!!!? "
I've thought selwood was suspect for a while.. (often cursing 'how come we got the s**t selwood!) however I held out in hope he did some good tagging parts in his career.. but listening to others critique him and watching more closely he too has others easily ahead of him now for selection.

Its not that you included all, its that you seem to notice only the negative plays. And I honestly do not think that is an exaggeration when i say that. It's personal prejudice against him and yes everyone is subjective. Pure objectively is a myth but you dont even try.

EDIT: Oh, and in my opinion there are a lot of positive plays that you somehow spin to become a negative play.

sorry man .. but that was and is every single priddis involvement... in the 2nd half of the game. EVERY time his curlie head is on the screen.. cross match that with the eagles highlight videos on the AFL and eagles websites. Funny enough he's rarely in them..
he had a couple of good involvements in the video. there's a handball over the top from a bommber farq up to kennedy which ends in a goal. And a bomb in hope centre clearance which luckily the guys forward were able to scramble a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back