The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry man .. but that was and is every single priddis involvement... in the 2nd half of the game. EVERY time his curlie head is on the screen.. cross match that with the eagles highlight videos on the AFL and eagles websites. Funny enough he's rarely in them..
he had a couple of good involvements in the video. there's a handball over the top from a bommber farq up to kennedy which ends in a goal. And a bomb in hope centre clearance which luckily the guys forward were able to scramble a goal.

And the baulk around a couple of Bombers and kick to Naitanui that was shown again in slow motion?

sorry man .. but that was and is every single priddis involvement... in the 2nd half of the game. EVERY time his curlie head is on the screen.. cross match that with the eagles highlight videos on the AFL and eagles websites. Funny enough he's rarely in them..
he had a couple of good involvements in the video. there's a handball over the top from a bommber farq up to kennedy which ends in a goal. And a bomb in hope centre clearance which luckily the guys forward were able to scramble a goal.

Nono thats not what im trying to say. Im referring to the fact that despite you included every play you still only comment or notice the negative ones.
Case in point, the Naitanui missed taps. Ill commend you for including the defensive plays during opposition passages as theyre often missed by viewers.

Nono thats not what im trying to say. Im referring to the fact that despite you included every play you still only comment or notice the negative ones.
Case in point, the Naitanui missed taps. Ill commend you for including the defensive plays during opposition passages as theyre often missed by viewers.

the defensive running on the rebound (and in forward 50 lock-down) is almost the number one thing our guys have been doing this year which is winning us games! He hardly contributes to it. The rest of the team almost to a man does.

hence I made this:
rap.jpg

which is...???

its another possession... another disposal another handball.. but was it to advantage? did it help our offense?? is it an error?

The point is you're focusing entirely on three or four negatives and ignoring (and asking us to ignore) all the positives.

It was a possession under pressure inside 50 (not sure what he was doing in there, apparently he "just jogs between the arcs" all game) where he tried to take on a player, then handballed under pressure to Duggan who was a fair way away, and it didn't quite get there. It's trying to create a scoring opportunity. Not sure if you call that an error. Do you think the coaching staff in the review will pause the video, circle it and tell Priddis he should have done something different?

the defensive running on the rebound (and in forward 50 lock-down) is almost the number one thing our guys have been doing this year which is winning us games! He hardly contributes to it. The rest of the team almost to a man does.

hence I made this:

I cant exactly defend Priddis lack of defensive accountability in rebounding situations.
The whole reason i posted to begin with isnt to defend Priddis but to highlight the fact that its very easy to create a lowlights reel for any AFL player given the nature of the game, especially when you inherently view everything to be a negative.
This is where you come in. For every single Priddis-related play you have the 'what Priddis didnt do' mentality,
which would be perfectly acceptable if you applied that principle to every single player on the team, which you clearly dont (at least it seems that you dont).
So yeah Priddis handballs out of the stoppage but he didnt burst out of the pack for the clearance. Priddis didnt snap a goal. Priddis didnt take the contested mark.
Where do you draw the line?

The point is you're focusing entirely on three or four negatives and ignoring (and asking us to ignore) all the positives.

It was a possession under pressure inside 50 (not sure what he was doing in there, apparently he "just jogs between the arcs" all game) where he tried to take on a player, then handballed under pressure to Duggan who was a fair way away, and it didn't quite get there. It's trying to create a scoring opportunity. Not sure if you call that an error. Do you think the coaching staff in the review will pause the video, circle it and tell Priddis he should have done something different?

I made no comment or annotation on any involvements on that video ( I have in the past though) as to whether they were good or bad.

Yes I saw that one..no i think they would'nt highlight that as bad/error. there's many instances of this type of thing..

like at 1:45 is it good or bad?? .. he gets the ball inside 50 ..the guy nudged nic nat under the ball a bit.. Its a good outcome given its priddis with the ball.
BUT he had to wait up to get onto his left.. he has no dynamic speed to burst further inside the 50 .. . which draws more defenders give more space and time for nic nat and JK to lead to .. where if he could kick too.. he could hit them with a low bullet pass.
So more options if you have a dynamic skilled player there instead right?

I cant exactly defend Priddis lack of defensive accountability in rebounding situations.
The whole reason i posted to begin with isnt to defend Priddis but to highlight the fact that its very easy to create a lowlights reel for any AFL player given the nature of the game, especially when you inherently view everything to be a negative.
This is where you come in. For every single Priddis-related play you have the 'what Priddis didnt do' mentality,
which would be perfectly acceptable if you applied that principle to every single player on the team, which you clearly dont (at least it seems that you dont).
So yeah Priddis handballs out of the stoppage but he didnt burst out of the pack for the clearance. Priddis didnt snap a goal. Priddis didnt take the contested mark.
Where do you draw the line?

I know what your saying. I've been on this for 2-3 years now.. Believe me I've copped plenty for it. (best one was the priddis masks they made for me at work after the brownlow win!! haha. they were all wearing them) Also please do believe I'm a committed WCE diehard fan. (my youtube AFL playlist)

But I didn't make that video with its intention as a low-light only video.. Its not.. its all involvements. I've also not annotated anything in it. You can say what you want and judge it for yourself.. however I don't think u could watch that video and claim it was a great game or video of a superstar midfielder who should be played every week.

Players screw up and make errors all the time. They either execute or don't. The easiest one to see is goal kicking. Priddis "errors" actually don't kill me as much as running pressure he can't contribute especially given our style of simpson game. We've got enough guys now who can and do.

Ultimately, its near impossible to change peoples minds or to "win arguments" in football opinion (on the internet). But I mean isn't that part of the purpose of this board ?? To get more informed, learn from others.. to argue your opinions.. And to have a bit of fun?

For my sanity and better enjoyment I may shift to Shuey and Lecras only videos of the same! haha (And the board goes wild!!!! )

is the debate over?

Just seems like Domo vs the forum now.
Priddis obviously ****ed his girlfriend or something. The obsession he has with priddis is unhealthly and if his workmates knew enough to wear priddis face masks after the brownlow it's obvious it's not just here that domo bores everyone to tears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis obviously stuffed his girlfriend or something. The obsession he has with priddis is unhealthly and if his workmates knew enough to wear priddis face masks after the brownlow it's obvious it's not just here that domo bores everyone to tears
Time to get off the train Domo.

Simpson has won the debate.

Jesus christ, never felt the need to utilise the ignore button until reading some of Domo's borderline illiterate drivel.
I've lived in Thailand for 20 odd years and domo reminds me of the Thais and not wanting to loose face, they will often go to extreme lengths to avoid it.
Just my opinion but it's the way it comes across/sounds the more I read his posts.

Time to get off the train Domo.

Simpson has won the debate.

If u think priddis is a superhero legend of our club and the AFL .. good for you. I choose differently. "everyone" now hates Selwood which is suddenly trendy and perfectly fine. Traitors!!!? Hypocrites! Simpson gonna win that debate too if Scooter is in next game?

I don't care bout saving face. Call it an obsession yes okay..
however because:
1) I'm crazy
2) My opinion and view is against the norm and so much opposed. Which when you drill down hilariously and ironically pro-priddis peeps actually concede and agree to anyway (his weaknesses etc) - then disclaim out of them with ridiculous concessions for him ?? (and I'm the one who can't change, saves face)

So I have to go to great lengths in stating my case.. video, rantings..

What do the pro-priddles provide in response:
- your a idiot, a traitor blah blah what would u know you're not a coach
- mindless stats galore
and no further real investigation or evidence

What do the pro-priddles provide in response:
- your a idiot, a traitor blah blah what would u know you're not a coach
- mindless stats galore
and no further real investigation or evidence

Apart from pointing out that your videos don't actually show what you say they show...

I dont think anyone is saying the guy is a superstar, he's just changed his game this year and doing the things most of us want him to do and not doing the things he shouldn't be doing. He looks more comfortable with the focus off him as a target, he's a cog rather than the engine.

You cant say Priddis isn't doing a great job for us and to infer such is obvious nonsense.
I don't hate Selwood at all but the way he's played after his return's been pretty woeful, little wonder he's getting singled out for criticism, more so when you consider that the vast majority of them played very good team footy on Friday night, may well be in his and the clubs best interest to part ways at the end of the season if he doesn't have a big lift.

Yeah thanks for that, clipping 16 seconds of the Derby and having some circles on the screen for a bit of it totally answers the criticisms of your 8 minute video of the second half of the Bombers.

That 16 seconds illustrates one of the many instances priddis does not pick up someone on the rebound (barlow) and cannot chase and harass like 20 of our other players do; and to support my claim that he just floats around between the arcs . I posted this in response to you saying "my videos don't show what I say they do" ???

the 8 min video was all priddis involvements for the 2nd half. I also did a 1st half version.. Which in both videos there are a couple of good things but mostly his contributions are ineffective and there is more evidence of his weaknesses. That's all I said about those videos.

the 8 min video was all priddis involvements for the 2nd half. I also did a 1st half version.. Which in both videos there are a couple of good things but mostly his contributions are ineffective and there is more evidence of his weaknesses. That's all I said about those videos.

I went through each possession in the first half vid (in response to a post by Smotie), at least 3/4 of them were effective. That's why I think the videos don't demonstrate what you think they do.

I went through each possession in the first half vid (in response to a post by Smotie), at least 3/4 of them were effective. That's why I think the videos don't demonstrate what you think they do.

okay, say you're correct.. could each of those possessions not have been done by another player on our list? There's nothing magically brilliant in there.. Someone who is more dynamic, can kick ? run back in defense ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back