The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was being gang tackled before he even had the ball last night. Couldn't carry the team by himself.
This...also Kennedy the last few weeks. I have been a critic of Priddis but he has been good so far this week. Yesterday tho' he was tackled long before he got the ball and on 1 occassion he was judged holding the ball despite being tackled befor he got it and despite trying to get rid of it.

He was being gang tackled before he even had the ball last night. Couldn't carry the team by himself.

We were beaten (as opposed to normal) in the ruck last night. Too often the tap went to priddis again and again when we did win instead of a less predictable outlet.

Priddis was a let down against Gold coast. Disposal was back to his typical bomb it long to no one again.

Interestingly enough both games again Gold Coast this season has seen Priddis kick a higher amount than usual, season high 18 and 17.

He had 17 kicks and 17 handballs yesterday, very unusual this season to see him with a 1/1 ratio. Could it be that Gold Coast have a certain plan for him?

He was under immense (sometimes illegal) pressure at the stoppages all night. He also had another lazy 7 tackles so was giving as good as he got.

Interestingly enough both games again Gold Coast this season has seen Priddis kick a higher amount than usual, season high 18 and 17.

He had 17 kicks and 17 handballs yesterday, very unusual this season to see him with a 1/1 ratio. Could it be that Gold Coast have a certain plan for him?

He was under immense (sometimes illegal) pressure at the stoppages all night. He also had another lazy 7 tackles so was giving as good as he got.
For sure. Heard the commentators mention later in the game that he had been tackled 40 times! His disposal count doesn't do his work effort enough justice.

For sure. Heard the commentators mention later in the game that he had been tackled 40 times! His disposal count doesn't do his work effort enough justice.

Though i know they were exaggerating, I wouldnt be surprised if he were tackled more than any other player on the ground that game. I'd be confident in saying he was tackled over a dozen times.

Just a note GC finished the game with 72 tackles to WC's 53, so its pretty clear why the teams disposal was pretty sloppy.

Loved reading the vote thread and seeing some not even having him in the top 5(kranky al), knowing he was obviously bog and was going to receive 10 votes off the coaches. Some seriously ignorant fans on this board. Sure he's improved this year, but he was fine last year aswell as seen by the brownlow

Disagree. He had some shockers last year and was gifted the brownlow. Playing much better this year, playing to his limitation (except the GC game) and will get nowhere near the brownlow.

He saved the AFL a huge embarrassment last year and got votes in games where he clearly shouldn't.

Disagree. He had some shockers last year and was gifted the brownlow. Playing much better this year, playing to his limitation (except the GC game) and will get nowhere near the brownlow.

He saved the AFL a huge embarrassment last year and got votes in games where he clearly shouldn't.

The true embarrasment is people like you making comments like that. Clearly you know better than the umpires how he played last year, but mysteriously you think they'll have come around to your way of thinking this year. Good luck with that come Brownlow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The true embarrasment is people like you making comments like that. Clearly you know better than the umpires how he played last year, but mysteriously you think they'll have come around to your way of thinking this year. Good luck with that come Brownlow night.

i tell you what mate - why dont you grab a game from last year - and edit every possession he has. then grab a game from this year and edit every possession he has - compile the video - and put it up here

you will notice

handballs to feet - gone
handballs over the head - gone
handballs that dont lead the player - gone
kicks straight to the opposition - no more than any other player - almost gone
inside fifties over a players head - gone - instead they get laces out

there was an article at the beginning of the year where priddis was interviewed and HE clearly stated that his disposal wasnt good enough and that he had worked his arse off in the offseason to rectify that - a few games into the season and EVERYONE except you and domo can see a huge improvement

you want experts - speak to matt %^&* priddis - hows that for an expert numb nuts - priddis - on priddis. or are you saying he should stfu and listen to the coaches votes and umpires - jeezzzus what a fn broken record you are - i always regret pressing the show ignored content.

you arent tony abbott are you? stop the boats - ask the umpires - labors debt - paid professionals

LOL lay off the personal attacks mate. You take yourself a bit too seriously. Embarrassing.

i tell you what mate - why dont you grab a game from last year - and edit every possession he has. then grab a game from this year and edit every possession he has - compile the video - and put it up here

you will notice

handballs to feet - gone
handballs over the head - gone
handballs that dont lead the player - gone
kicks straight to the opposition - no more than any other player - almost gone
inside fifties over a players head - gone - instead they get laces out

there was an article at the beginning of the year where priddis was interviewed and HE clearly stated that his disposal wasnt good enough and that he had worked his arse off in the offseason to rectify that - a few games into the season and EVERYONE except you and domo can see a huge improvement

you want experts - speak to matt %^&* priddis - hows that for an expert numb nuts - priddis - on priddis. or are you saying he should stfu and listen to the coaches votes and umpires - jeezzzus what a fn broken record you are - i always regret pressing the show ignored content.

you arent tony abbott are you? stop the boats - ask the umpires - labors debt - paid professionals

The game against Adelaide in Adelaide last year? Remember that one? Priddis did virtually everything you accuse him of only doing this year. And you clearly haven't bothered to read what I've written, I'll parapharse it for you. Priddis efficiency this year is primarily due to improvements by those around him. You make it sound like that only at the end of last year he decided (after 9 years in the system) to try and improve his skills! Your logic re Priddis not trying to improve simply because he's highly rated by coaches and umpires is nonsensical. Believe it or not even the champions of the game strive to be better regardless of their groaning trophy cabinets. Why would Priddis be the odd one out who simply assumes that a Brownlow means no further improvement is possible.

To avoid further regrets I suggest you ignore any pro-Priddis commentary, all that reciting of his accomplishmnents will depress you.

Last edited:
LOL lay off the personal attacks mate. You take yourself a bit too seriously. Embarrassing.

Sorry about that withering personal attack. I think calling someone an "embarassment" is about as harsh as I've seen in this forum, you make a great point (though you ruin it a bit by your comments on me)

Last edited:
This...also Kennedy the last few weeks. I have been a critic of Priddis but he has been good so far this week. Yesterday tho' he was tackled long before he got the ball and on 1 occassion he was judged holding the ball despite being tackled befor he got it and despite trying to get rid of it.

That holding the ball was disgraceful. I remember thinking why didn't one of the commentators say something.

The game against Adelaide in Adelaide last year? Remember that one? Priddis did virtually everything you accuse him of only doing this year. And you clearly haven't bothered to read what I've written, I'll parapharse it for you. Priddis efficiency this year is primarily due to improvements by those around him. You make it sound like that only at the end of last year he decided (after 9 years in the system) to try and improve his skills! Your logic re Priddis not trying to improve simply because he's highly rated by coaches and umpires is nonsensical. Believe it or not even the champions of the game strive to be better regardless of their groaning trophy cabinets. Why would Priddis be the odd one out who simply assumes that a Brownlow means no further improvement is possible.

To avoid further regrets I suggest you ignore any pro-Priddis commentary, all that reciting of his accomplishmnents will depress you.

So those around him have what - put their chests where their feet used to be?

What a dribblehead.

What do you you think of matts own assessment of his own disposal - does he need to listen to the paid professionals

What do you think of matts own comment that he worked extra hard on it.

You watch last years video and a player would run past him and receive a hospital handball - this year a player runs past and cops one out in front at chest height and its not an improval of disposal - you propound that the player ran better?

What about the first five minutes of the north game where he gifted them two goals from s**t kicks - explain to me how this was his team mates fault?

The mental gymnastics you perform would have got an american athlete a 9.5 from the east german judge. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
So those around him have what - put their chests where their feet used to be?

What a dribblehead.

What do you you think of matts own assessment of his own disposal - does he need to listen to the paid professionals

What do you think of matts own comment that he worked extra hard on it.

You watch last years video and a player would run past him and receive a hospital handball - this year a player runs past and cops one out in front at chest height and its not an improval of disposal - you propound that the player ran better?

The mental gymnastics you perform would have got an american athlete a 9.5 from the east german judge. Unbelievable.
Don't get dragged back in, you might as well be arguing with a wet sock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back