3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting Monster Hunter 4 this weekend. Missed slaying (mostly failing to be fair) those lovely monsters.
Have fun. I tried getting into it but it probably isn't my cup of tea so far.

I'm feeling like I want to get back to Harvest Moon.

Xenoblade on Thursday!!

EB Games couldn't entice me with a decent preorder bonus so I took the OGS offer. Australian stock so won't take two weeks to get here. Really pumped since I finished FE. That game tired me out and I won't be playing it again for a long while.

Have fun. I tried getting into it but it probably isn't my cup of tea so far.

I'm feeling like I want to get back to Harvest Moon.

I've been a fan of the previous games, so should enjoy this one. It seems both fresh and familiar so far, so that's good. Haven't tried any of the new weapons yet. The series is definitely an acquired taste though.

I actually got back into the SNES version of Harvest Moon recently (on my WiiU). Haven't played any of the DS versions.

I've been a fan of the previous games, so should enjoy this one. It seems both fresh and familiar so far, so that's good. Haven't tried any of the new weapons yet. The series is definitely an acquired taste though.

I actually got back into the SNES version of Harvest Moon recently (on my WiiU). Haven't played any of the DS versions.
You probably wouldn't want to, if you like the basic Harvest Moon. The GBA game is likely to be where you stop if that's the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OGS shipped off my Xenoblades at 11pm last night. Sadly the release date is a freaking Saturday so I won't get it until next week. Tuesday if there is no delivery on Easter Monday.

edit: Just read the Nintendo email. It's giving me an awful temptation to finally use an Amiibo.

Last edited:
So I was bored today and decided to buy a Nintendo 3DS.

What are some of the best games the console has to offer?

So far all I've picked up is Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's a pretty good game that I've never had the chance to play before. Thinking about grabbing a Pokemon game or Luigi's Mansion 2. What a shame the games never drop in price.

What a shame the games never drop in price.

Yep, I haven't bought a 3DS game since Pokemon OR/AS came out.

Can't go wrong with most Mario games. Also the Virtual Console (Retro Digital Games available to purchase from the 3DS Store) has a bunch of classic games too. The selection of classic games aren't as good as the Wii U Virtual Console but there are still some great games.

So far all I've picked up is Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's a pretty good game that I've never had the chance to play before. Thinking about grabbing a Pokemon game or Luigi's Mansion 2. What a shame the games never drop in price.

Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem Awakening, Smash Bros, Mario Kart are the must haves.

There are plenty of other good games. Big library to choose from.

What is the reasoning behind Nintendo games never getting cheaper? Seems silly.

Supply and demand. People keep buying them long after they come out.

Link between worlds.

Last edited:

Either of the Pokemon games & Majora's Mask

Xenoblade is pure ownage. Just another must have on the system
Is it a straight port of the wii version, or upgraded?

I bought it for the Wii and enjoyed it, but didn't get very far and kinda stopped once i bought a ps3. Definitely looks like one to pick up sometime soon. That's if i ever get sick of monster Hunter.

Is it a straight port of the wii version, or upgraded?

I bought it for the Wii and enjoyed it, but didn't get very far and kinda stopped once i bought a ps3. Definitely looks like one to pick up sometime soon. That's if i ever get sick of monster Hunter.
Straight port with graphical differences, appaently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back