The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate everything so much.

you can be proud of an effort like that. We are on the right track, another top 5 pick coming our way and with Dalrymples form at the draft we should see another young gun to join the ranks. The futures fvcking bright.

you can be proud of an effort like that. We are on the right track, another top 5 pick coming our way and with Dalrymples form at the draft we should see another young gun to join the ranks. The futures fvcking bright.

It is, but in saying that we still have some major deficiencies we need to address and we should have won that game, plain and simple

It is, but in saying that we still have some major deficiencies we need to address and we should have won that game, plain and simple
Yeah, we've still got a couple of holes but they will be filled. It was one that got away and we just ran out of petrol which will happen to young sides against the more experienced ones.

Yeah, we've still got a couple of holes but they will be filled. It was one that got away and we just ran out of petrol which will happen to young sides against the more experienced ones.

Yeah this loss will feel better after the initial pain of a loss wears. We aren't really playing for wins at this stage in our development anyway.

Not sure you'll get a top 5 pick. Might have to settle for a top 6 pick ;) :(

Finally got around to watching Der Untergang (The Downfall) and what a cracking film that was. How Bruno Ganz wasnt recognized at the Oscars was a shocking snub. His portrayal of Hitler was scary good.

Im sure we have all seen the parodies on Youtube regarding this film but if you havent seen it, I highly recommend doing so.

Finally got around to watching Der Untergang (The Downfall) and what a cracking film that was. How Bruno Ganz wasnt recognized at the Oscars was a shocking snub. His portrayal of Hitler was scary good.

Im sure we have all seen the parodies on Youtube regarding this film but if you havent seen it, I highly recommend doing so.

Great movie!

Ha! With all the Jewish influence in Hollywood there is no way in the world a movie that portrays Hitler as anything other than a crazy blood-thirsty monster would ever win an oscar.

Ha! With all the Jewish influence in Hollywood there is no way in the world a movie that portrays Hitler as anything other than a crazy blood-thirsty monster would ever win an oscar.
Good point, I hadnt thought of that. The film did take some criticism for apparently humanizing Hitler. Like in some scenes when he is kind to his cooks or secretary's or kind to his dog and is shown to be kinda normal. But then their are the other parts where the generals try to convince him to end the war and what about the German people. Then he pretty much says they should all die because they were too weak to win the war. One crazy dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 69485

Remember this SM? Seems like the media has finally caught on months later and are linking him to us ;) still don't see it happening but I wouldn't be against it.

I do remember this, and I remembered it when I saw a tweet yesterday saying that a Swans insider was rubbishing the reports.

If Tom hadn't been injured so much this year he might have got a game in front of someone like Zak Jones. But he has been injured a lot this year.

I do remember this, and I remembered it when I saw a tweet yesterday saying that a Swans insider was rubbishing the reports.

If Tom hadn't been injured so much this year he might have got a game in front of someone like Zak Jones. But he has been injured a lot this year.
Considering you'd want a first rounder for him, I'd prefer it didn't happen.

That doesn't stop it being a poor value deal. He'll get paid 400k this season to play a handful of games.

I really wish I'd become a footballer :(

If you had his sort of junior career then sure, you could demand that sort of money. And he was sensational last year as well. Hardly a poor deal considering his output when on the park. But like Tippett I'm sure his new deal will incorporate an appearances clause.

His first few games were outstanding. But alas, he was played in the midfield, unlike this year where he was pretty much a permanent forward.

Didn't he average something like 30 possies last season? Ridiculous.

If you had his sort of junior career then sure, you could demand that sort of money. And he was sensational last year as well. Hardly a poor deal considering his output when on the park. But like Tippett I'm sure his new deal will incorporate an appearances clause.
No junior footballer has any right to a 400k contract no matter how good they were. That money is absurd. As I said, we're paying Gibbs 150k more and he is a top quality, established footballer.

How many years has he been on the current contract?

No junior footballer has any right to a 400k contract no matter how good they were. That money is absurd. As I said, we're paying Gibbs 150k more and he is a top quality, established footballer.

How many years has he been on the current contract?

Gibbs? Top quality? Ok. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back