The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fit under the salary cap. The Tippett situation was unfortunate. We gave Adelaide the chance to have big Jesse White and Pick 18. He got a half-season suspension and everyone moved on. We got Franklin fairly as well. Very risky contract but nonetheless, most Swans fans are happy to have him.
difference being that the swans cap is larger than everyone else's.

Last edited:
The Franklin deal is bs that should never have been signed off. But it only hurts the Swans so they're entitled to make the stupid deal if they like.

The Steve Johnson conspiracy is just absolutely hilarious. You don't honestly believe that do you?!
The swans will be right on that deal if he plays 6 seasons. The payment structure is so that years 7-9 aren't paying much at all.

I thought it was the other way around. I think the latter seasons are the most paid.

I don't agree with these long term deals (Franklin/Boyd) but if we get another 6/7 seasons out of him (likely), then it will be worth it.

The Franklin deal is bs that should never have been signed off. But it only hurts the Swans so they're entitled to make the stupid deal if they like.

The Steve Johnson conspiracy is just absolutely hilarious. You don't honestly believe that do you?!

Why is it BS?

I thought it was the other way around. I think the latter seasons are the most paid.

I don't agree with these long term deals (Franklin/Boyd) but if we get another 6/7 seasons out of him (likely), then it will be worth it.
The Boyd deal makes sense as he's only 20.

Getting the seasons out of him isn't what will make it worth it. Unless he wins flags at the swans, it will ultimately be considered a failure. Well, in my opinion anyway. Not all agree with that.

You know why. It was only made that length of time so it could be similar to what he would have made at the Giants over a shorter period of time.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just what they did to get around it.

I don't know why. Why is a club not allowed to choose how long or short a contract is, and if the player signs it then that's all there is to it? What is BS about it? Especially considering the cap will raise in the next few years meaning Franklin will be on a relative pittance compared to what he could attract on the free market.

You know why. It was only made that length of time so it could be similar to what he would have made at the Giants over a shorter period of time.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just what they did to get around it.
Who cares, they've done their own grave and will get no sympathy when it hurts their cap in a few years time. Look at Tippett now. Nobody would take that potato and especially not for a cool 1m per season. Gives opportunities to my club and others to pick off their younger talent.

Who cares, they've done their own grave and will get no sympathy when it hurts their cap in a few years time. Look at Tippett now. Nobody would take that potato and especially not for a cool 1m per season. Gives opportunities to my club and others to pick off their younger talent.

Not sure how it'll hurt our cap when the cap is projected to double over the duration of Buddy's contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why. Why is a club not allowed to choose how long or short a contract is, and if the player signs it then that's all there is to it? What is BS about it? Especially considering the cap will raise in the next few years meaning Franklin will be on a relative pittance compared to what he could attract on the free market.

Cmon man. It is pretty obvious that the 10 year deal is all about minimising salary cap impact. Everyone knows Buddy won't play 10 seasons for you guys. He'll be done by 2020 at the latest.

I'm not getting into this again. You know why he was offered a 10 year deal instead of a 5 or 6 year one. It was so you could steal him from under little brother's noses.

Anyway, I'm checking out of this here. It's irrelevant, we're talking years ago now.

The three new stadiums:

Vitality Stadium (Bournemouth)…

Vicarage Road (Watford)…

Carrow Road (Norwich City)…

Bournemouth looks awesome!
May have to manage Bournemouth in career mode now and never upgrade the stadium.

I'm not getting into this again. You know why he was offered a 10 year deal instead of a 5 or 6 year one. It was so you could steal him from under little brother's noses.

Anyway, I'm checking out of this here. It's irrelevant, we're talking years ago now.

Since you can't even get the length of the contract right, it's probably good that you do check out of the discussion.

Cmon man. It is pretty obvious that the 10 year deal is all about minimising salary cap impact. Everyone knows Buddy won't play 10 seasons for you guys. He'll be done by 2020 at the latest.

Exactly, we've been quite smart in offering him a 9-year (read again: 9-year) contract to spread the impact of the contract. Any other club in the league could have offered him a 9-year deal.

She said she still felt a bit numb, said she is trying to keep distracted. Haven't seen her today.

Mum's been on the verge of it for a few months now, but she's doing her best to find other work. Particularly tough at her age.

I said in a few years. Not in a decade.

Yep, and our depth has taken a hammering which is why I've been consistently critical of bringing Buddy up. But we didn't break any rules doing so no matter what people try and make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back