The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottenham Hotspurs have just announced a friendly match vs Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium, May 30. (1 week after EPL season, 2 wks after A-League GF)

Yep, will probs be sold in the summer for a very decent profit.

I don't think you'd make much on the 11m + wages you guys paid for him?

He's been good but not that good to have teams throwing money at Chelsea to get him.

He's been good but not that good to have teams throwing money at Chelsea to get him.
Debatable. Our recent sales have been nothing short of brilliant. I can see that trend continuing.

I can see us easily making a £5m+ profit on him which would be pretty decent(will be even better FFP wise).

Have a lot of faith in Emenalo and Granovskaia ATM, second to none with the business that they are doing.

I think we can probably get 15-18 million for him.
Bit early for that kind of talk, no one is buying him for that much based on 5 games. If he keeps the form up until the end of the you could though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a serious question? This is scouse mentality in a nutshell. Permeates this board as it does in real life.
So wait, Liverpool is a carbon copy of Port Adelaide (small town mentality, most successful [at the time]) and you choose their greatest rivals to support? :confused:

I've got my doubts that Chelsea are getting the sums for their players that they are saying they are getting.

Saw a Chelsea blog a while back which suggested that Luiz was sold for around £35m, not the £50 that has been claimed.

Imagine if that was the case, and £15m was paid on top of that by PSG and given straight to Luiz by Chelsea. He pays UK tax on the £15m, not the higher French tax, and PSG pay him £15m less over the course of his contract in wages.

Stuff like that, too many of their sales are just unrealistic.

I've got my doubts that Chelsea are getting the sums for their players that they are saying they are getting.

Saw a Chelsea blog a while back which suggested that Luiz was sold for around £35m, not the £50 that has been claimed.

Imagine if that was the case, and £15m was paid on top of that by PSG and given straight to Luiz by Chelsea. He pays UK tax on the £15m, not the higher French tax, and PSG pay him £15m less over the course of his contract in wages.

Stuff like that, too many of their sales are just unrealistic.

Don't see why when it's the media and the buying clubs saying this stuff and not us. With Luiz the 50m is with all the add ons hit, which includes League and CL results apparently. We have £40m of that already on the books.

We got £37m for Mata, £23m each for both Schurrle and KDB and £28m(according to sn Everton tweet) for Lukaku. I dont see why we would need to lie and apart from Luiz none are unrealistic.

Its not like we are selling duds, we are just doing some fantastic business.

Maybe used the wrong terminology, I don't think they are lying about it. I just have doubts that the over the top amounts they are getting for unwanted and fringe players are going straight into the Chelsea bank account.

In the Luiz example (which is just an example, not based on anything) PSG have paid £50m, but £15m of that goes straight to Luiz. As he is paying English tax as opposed to French tax thats a lot better for him than if he cost £35m to buy and PSG paid him an extra £15m in wages.

For anyone that has played FM they'll know of all the clauses you can add in to break down the costs of a transfer. Makes me feel a lot better about the Soldado £26m deal that about £10m of that is based on appearances & goals which he is not able to achieve with his constant ineptness!

Maybe used the wrong terminology, I don't think they are lying about it. I just have doubts that the over the top amounts they are getting for unwanted and fringe players are going straight into the Chelsea bank account.

In the Luiz example (which is just an example, not based on anything) PSG have paid £50m, but £15m of that goes straight to Luiz. As he is paying English tax as opposed to French tax thats a lot better for him than if he cost £35m to buy and PSG paid him an extra £15m in wages.

I guess who knows, but I doubt it.

Pretty sure all that moneys going to us.

it never does. at the bare minimum percentages of that fee will go to their previous clubs. would suspect there are clauses in the very least that see a percentage to luiz, his agent or potentially benfica.

the majority of it would go to chelsea. but not all of it. on the other hand, much of the fee that chelsea paid for luiz wouldn't have gone to benfica, due to the joys of third parties. it's why so many fees from there are inflated (mangala). it was almost humorous to see that mangala was so surprised at his fee because 'he didn't know how many people had a % of ownership in him.'

For anyone that has played FM they'll know of all the clauses you can add in to break down the costs of a transfer. Makes me feel a lot better about the Soldado £26m deal that about £10m of that is based on appearances & goals which he is not able to achieve with his constant ineptness!
so he cost you £16,000,001 then? :D

it never does. at the bare minimum percentages of that fee will go to their previous clubs. would suspect there are clauses in the very least that see a percentage to luiz, his agent or potentially benfica.

the majority of it would go to chelsea. but not all of it. on the other hand, much of the fee that chelsea paid for luiz wouldn't have gone to benfica, due to the joys of third parties. it's why so many fees from there are inflated (mangala). it was almost humorous to see that mangala was so surprised at his fee because 'he didn't know how many people had a % of ownership in him.'

Yeah, fair enough. I guess all we know so far is that we have around 40m for the sale on the books, whats happens'happened to the other 8-10m is yet to be seen.

How much did Mangala end up costing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back