Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Geez they love throwing Golby in the calendar. Every year..

Realistically should have gone with Sauce; or even Robbo.

The lack of Aish shows what our level of confidence must have been at publication time.

They really phoned it in with some of those photo selections too. The Stef, Rocky and Golby ones in particular.

48927-brisbane-lions-2016-calendar-2000.jpg

48926-brisbane-lions-2016-calendar-2000.jpg

Dayne Beams looks magnificent in the lions jumper :thumbsu:

Limited edition collectors item. Smart move by the Lions. Everyone will want one.

Don't know what our lowest team tally of Brownlow votes is but reckon we could go close this year.
What are people's thoughts on Beams' Brownlow voting? Comfortably highest for us ?

What are people's thoughts on Beams' Brownlow voting? Comfortably highest for us ?
Beams then Martin and finally Zorko for our top 3 IMO. My surprise / roughy is Squizzy.... god I like that guy, future captain material hopefully.

I would really, really, really, really love it if Beams, Zorko, Martin and Robinson all scored the same Brownlow votes. Shut the haters of our 4 way B&F result right up.

"And on zero points..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams then Martin and finally Zorko for our top 3 IMO. My surprise / roughy is Squizzy.... god I like that guy, future captain material hopefully.

I think Martin but it will be close. In the betting, Beams is clear favourite though. My roughie is Mitch Robinson who is currently $51 with UBet for most Brisbane votes. Should poll 3 against Carlton but probably won't get any other votes though. Never know.

I'm thinking Beams, Martin and MRobbo.....actually think MRobbo will get quite a few 1 votes due to his bull in a china shop, in your face style play.

The umps couldn't avoid seeing him!:D

I love Brownlow night, having an early tea then settle in to watch the WAGs arrive.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how the new miss GAblett is a clone of the previous one;)

Disclaimer: this is not a direct or indirect criticism or negative view of the Brisbane lions or it's coaches and or players, it applies to the whole AFL.

One thing I've always found it hard to get my head around is end of season trips being done now. Across the whole league Almost all players are away a ATM, yet they are supposed to be desperate to play in a GF. if I was a coach, although I know it can't be done, I'd want my players home, watching and experiencing the finals series, to sit through and experience what they are missing out on. How can this be the 'ultimate' thing in their life if they don't even experience it each year. When I was OS for a finals series i pretty much 'missed' it completely, to this day I feel a void in my footballing memory for that year. As I say, I know they have their own life and all that, and it's more of a 'vibe' type thing, but I'd want their contracts to apply until GF day and I'd want all 50 listed players sitting in the stands on GF day. I know that it delays preseason and all that, I dunno it's just this is supposed to be the 'be all and end all' in their career and they don't get to smell and taste it, even if it's from home for interstate clubs. You hear players like montagner say "I never do a trip at this time of yeah, I just want to be around finals footy, I love it, I watch every game" and I believe boomer Harvey does the same. I dunno, always found it weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back