Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why American sports played between American teams are called 'World Series'. Not sure if arrogance or they just don't know that we exists outside their borders...
It's only baseball and originally it was because it was sponsored by "The World" newspaper.

Your second sentence still stands, however.

It's only baseball and originally it was because it was sponsored by "The World" newspaper.

Your second sentence still stands, however.
Well, you learn something new everyday. Although the NFL Champions are commonly referred to as 'World Champions'. This may be colloquial language rather than an official term but I still think it speaks volumes about how Americans view the world...

Well, you learn something new everyday. Although the NFL Champions are commonly referred to as 'World Champions'. This may be colloquial language rather than an official term but I still think it speaks volumes about how Americans view the world...
NBA is the same, even though they would probably win a world championship, come back to me when you have actually won one, thus officially being the world champ. Never know, might even lose...

NBA is the same, even though they would probably win a world championship, come back to me when you have actually won one, thus officially being the world champ. Never know, might even lose...

when steve kerr was writing articles for yahoo sports he often took questions from fans worldwide. many asked him why USA refer to NBA champs as world champs. as he is educated, he sternly stated that he never does this as the real world champ is the nation that wins the world championships, and not a domestic comp.

On the topic of people being fools with holidays, my sister went to France with school, and she said one girl just wanted to hang out in the hotel all day. She ditched going to see the Eiffel Tower to hang out with two guys from Tasmania.

OK he had already been there a couple of years ago but my 17 year old nephew tells his parents only a couple of weeks before their US holiday that he doesn't want to go so they waste a heap of money on bookings.

what was his reasoning?

maybe he should pay his portion back if he is so insistent on staying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the topic of people being fools with holidays, my sister went to France with school, and she said one girl just wanted to hang out in the hotel all day. She ditched going to see the Eiffel Tower to hang out with two guys from Tasmania.

One girl on my Contiki tour of Europe (45 dayer) did pretty much zero of the activities on offer. Nada, nothing, zilch, she pretty much hung out the hotels/hostels all the time.

Lol omg... there is joke in there somewhere from that second line but I'll leave it. :eek:

One girl on my Contiki tour of Europe (45 dayer) did pretty much zero of the activities on offer. Nada, nothing, zilch, she pretty much hung out the hotels/hostels all the time.

Lol omg... there is joke in there somewhere from that second line but I'll leave it. :eek:
These people should just give their money to me instead of wasting it by going overseas.

As for the second part, probably more an accurate portrayal of events rather than a joke :p

These people should just give their money to me instead of wasting it by going overseas.

As for the second part, probably more an accurate portrayal of events rather than a joke :p

Lol, you could start "Igloo's Adventure Tours". Show them the wonderous sights of Geelong starting at Corio.. then if they survive that Norlane...

what was his reasoning?

maybe he should pay his portion back if he is so insistent on staying
Stuffed if I know.. it's not as if he had something better to do, he spent the spent he just spent the time sitting at home doing nothing AFAIK. I've never been there and would've loved to go on a trip over there at that age.

And another...

So by that you actually mean one guy (two heads?)

Pics or bullshit. Everyone knows Tasmanians have two heads.
658722-2013-election-jacqui-lambie.jpg

Yeah that's right you like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back