Pets Things that please me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You copped a few bad decisions, but they still would have won. No doubt about it.
100% doubt about it. You can't say that with any kind of certainty. :rolleyes:

The Jacobs non free (as one obvious example) would have bought us with in 2 goals. Completely different game then.

In 99.9% of games the umpires are irrelivent.

The people that whinge the most about umpires are either nuffies with no idea or supporters that are so one eyed, they might as well wear an eye patch.

I generally agree but the prelims this year were a complete shitshow.

See my initial post on the matter.
When you have other AFL players, media and other celebs and whatnot complaining about the standard against one team in particular, thats a pretty big indication how bad it is.

Norf could pay off the umps too if they had some money

Did lol.

While we are on the topic of footy, would just like to say good luck to Gough y boy and all the other Hawks and to lesser extent Eagles supporters for Saturday. May it be a good, hard, close game. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 99.9% of games the umpires are irrelivent.

The people that whinge the most about umpires are either nuffies with no idea or supporters that are so one eyed, they might as well wear an eye patch.

in any game day thread you will find posters from both sides bitching about umpires.

The umpiring for both preliminary finals made me physically angry, both Freo and North were crippled because of blatantly wrong umpire intervention.
For a world class sport in such big games I found it absolutely pathetic and embarrassing that the officiating not only overshadowed the games but brought them into disrepute.

Get over it.
Rich coming from a tigers supporter who are still complaining about a free kick not paid to Cunnington when literally a second a go there was a free kick not paid to North.

Last edited:
Matching fixing in the AFL would be nigh on impossible IMO, you'd have to buy off the majority of the umpires, and the players, and with that sort of outlay required, I very much doubt the returns would be worth it. It's part of the reason I think that the AFL has become so embedded with the betting companies, it doesn't face the dangers of match, or spot fixing that other sports do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back