Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney fans, unless he genuinely wants to leave, why trade him?

We don't WANT to trade him. However firstly he won't love spending most of the season in the reserves, and secondly we need picks especially for Mills.

Sydney fans, unless he genuinely wants to leave, why trade him?

Dont particularly, but with Parker, Kennedy, et al in front with possibly Mills and Dunkley it looks like he is excess to requirement.

Trade value this year will be far high than next year as out of contract.

In saying that, this could all change if he gets into the senior side.

what, ultimately, will sydney be willing to accept?

say dees offered their second round pick (somewhere in the late teens / early 20s) for him, would that be 'enough', based upon his lack of game time for the swans?

i would expect he'd be a monty to be in our best 22, which is still crying out for midfielders.

say dees offered their second round pick (somewhere in the late teens / early 20s) for him, would that be 'enough', based upon his lack of game time for the swans?

i would expect he'd be a monty to be in our best 22, which is still crying out for midfielders.

Depends on how much he plays this year:

1-5 games (2nd to 3rd round)
5-10 games (early 2nd)
10+ (swans fans will call him next J Kennedy and expect pick 1 and ablett)

What is clear this year is he is behind parker/kennedy as inside mid. That saying they are two beast inside ball winners. I imagine a team with no beast inside winners will drool (WCE/StK/Carlton)

sign tom mitchell he a ball magnet... and use him to give it to the outside midfielders....

We don't WANT to trade him. However firstly he won't love spending most of the season in the reserves, and secondly we need picks especially for Mills.
Why do you need picks for Mills? You just have to give up your first round pick. Then from what I understand you only then have to give up your second rounder for Dunkley?

Why do you need picks for Mills? You just have to give up your first round pick. Then from what I understand you only then have to give up your second rounder for Dunkley?

The system is likely to be changing this year to require more picks for early selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As below there are reported changes tonthe system which may require another first rounder

Is his defensive running the reason for non selection or it something else. Seems to be a great offensive player.

From what I've seen of him defensive side is fine.

Think the reason he is out is he is behind JPK, Parker, Bird and Jack.

Have a glut of exceptional inside MIDs

Is his defensive running the reason for non selection or it something else. Seems to be a great offensive player.
Laid more tackles in a game last year than any of our others players had in any game all season. Was immediately dropped.

From what I've seen of him defensive side is fine.

Think the reason he is out is he is behind JPK, Parker, Bird and Jack.

Have a glut of exceptional inside MIDs

Laid more tackles in a game last year than any of our others players had in any game all season. Was immediately dropped.

I heard this on the radio as why he wasn't getting games..show how informed some media guys are then. Defensive running and speed where the things mentioned.

Honest answer is we have a stack of inside mids and as good as Mitchell is, he can't play anywhere else. Parker, Bird (tag), JPK, and Jack are ahead

I heard this on the radio as why he wasn't getting games..show how informed some media guys are then. Defensive running and speed where the things mentioned.

Speed, he is average, that is know. Not explosive pace but ridiculously quick hands. Not sure why questioning his running. Maybe because he gets burnt by quicker opponents

I haven't watched enough of Mitchell to comment, but I'd be wary of saying that tackle numbers = a good defensive side.

Tackle numbers don't show you how a player defends his opponent at stoppages, runs hard after a turnover to cover space/man up - there's no stats for that. Tackles do tend to indicate work rate, but they also can just indicate that someone is around stoppages a lot.

I haven't watched enough of Mitchell to comment, but I'd be wary of saying that tackle numbers = a good defensive side.

Tackle numbers don't show you how a player defends his opponent at stoppages, runs hard after a turnover to cover space/man up - there's no stats for that. Tackles do tend to indicate work rate, but they also can just indicate that someone is around stoppages a lot.

The Tom Mitchell conundrum is quite simple his position is being occupied by Bird/Kennedy thats it.

It's unfortunate for Tom but thats the situation.

Well if Selwood leaves the Eagles as a free agent I'd say whatever that compo pick is would be what the Eagles would and should offer.

Early > mid 2nd rounder?

Can't ask for much more if he isn't getting a game at the Swans.

Well if Selwood leaves the Eagles as a free agent I'd say whatever that compo pick is would be what the Eagles would and should offer.

Early > mid 2nd rounder?

Can't ask for much more if he isn't getting a game at the Swans.

O'Rourke went for pick 19?

Mitchell based on his limited appearances is significantly better and ready to slot into almost any side his value is hard to judge tho.

Back