Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As with most of these thing , the players inputs is key. So far all I have heard from TM is ..stay and get in the SS side. So when does his contract finish?
I wonder if he will feel like that with Mills and Dunkley on the horizon.

If he changes to a "I want out" then there will be several clubs interested Im sure. Once that happens we will see what the deal is. Carlton finishes with P5 for instance or Geelong with P10.... I doubt that either will give that for TM alone. R2 , no doubt.

contracted for next year and on big money too due to GWS trying to convince him to go in the open draft and the Swans having to offer good money to get him to F/S IIRC.

The reality is I think Mitchell for the sake of his career with Heeney doing so well and Mills on the way has to move, he would walk into a lot of Victorian midfields including ours.
Sydney will be open to letting him go I think price will be the thing and it will depend on what bid Mills and Dunkley get, if pick 18 or so gets them both then they may let Mitchell go around that mark, if it won't be enough to make up the points needed for the bids then they will push for better.

Mitchell on ability is certainly worth a top 10 pick but if he doesn't play afl all year there is no way the Swans will be getting that in a trade so whether he plays in the months to come will have a big impact on his trade value.

It's arguable where Mitchell really fit the half forward/forward pocket role like those two do, too.

I could understand the fuss if they were a dud team with clear spuds getting a game ahead of him (eg. Carlton and Dylan Buckley), but they're a strong side where he doesn't have an obvious role. Nobody "deserves" a game at AFL level. He needs his reserves form to coincide with a space opening up in the seniors.
Bit rough there calling the bloke with a rising star nomination last year a spud given he has only played a handful of games. Although Tony Armstrong is one that comes to mind

Bit rough there calling the bloke with a rising star nomination last year a spud given he has only played a handful of games. Although Tony Armstrong is one that comes to mind

Read what I wrote again. I didn't call Buckley a spud, but some guys getting games ahead of him.

contracted for next year and on big money too due to GWS trying to convince him to go in the open draft and the Swans having to offer good money to get him to F/S IIRC.

The reality is I think Mitchell for the sake of his career with Heeney doing so well and Mills on the way has to move, he would walk into a lot of Victorian midfields including ours.
Sydney will be open to letting him go I think price will be the thing and it will depend on what bid Mills and Dunkley get, if pick 18 or so gets them both then they may let Mitchell go around that mark, if it won't be enough to make up the points needed for the bids then they will push for better.

Mitchell on ability is certainly worth a top 10 pick but if he doesn't play afl all year there is no way the Swans will be getting that in a trade so whether he plays in the months to come will have a big impact on his trade value.

With his current game tally and use , a single figure pick would be a little over the top wouldn't it. If they added another likely player perhaps.. We will need players if we do a clean out

With his current game tally and use , a single figure pick would be a little over the top wouldn't it. If they added another likely player perhaps.. We will need players if we do a clean out

Jones would be the player Geelong would ask for, they were planning to draft him and were filthy Sydney got in with the pick before us, not that Sydney would do that trade now of course. But I would happily trade a 1st and 2nd rounder for Mitchell and Jones.

How is he going now hes back in the seniors?

Very well, 30 disposals against WB in the wet (conditions that suit him) and 28 disposals last week against the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is he going now hes back in the seniors?
28 disposals (10 contested), 6 clearances, 83% DE. Will be dropped within a few weeks.

Stint in the NEAFL sure helped people forget how good a player he is. Happy to see him grab his opportunity with both hands.

So is most of the Swans board. But even if he is going to be traded, would think these games would be jacking up his price a bit. Averaging 30 possies, a goal and approx 70-75 de

So is most of the Swans board. But even if he is going to be traded, would think these games would be jacking up his price a bit. Averaging 30 possies, a goal and approx 70-75 de
Certainly worth a first rounder for mine and always has been. Performances like this will just keep adding to that value.

Regardless, despite the exceptional academy/FS types coming in, it's still in Sydney's best interests to keep him I think. May be bringing in similar types but Heeney and Dunkley in particular project as having pretty good forward games; I believe Mitchell, Heeney, Dunkley and Mills can play together and it would be a dominant inside brigade (although I imagine Longmire may disagree with that). Not to mention your current exceptional midfielders as well. His form's excellent for the Swans regardless of whether he stays or goes, though.

Certainly worth a first rounder for mine and always has been. Performances like this will just keep adding to that value.

Regardless, despite the exceptional academy/FS types coming in, it's still in Sydney's best interests to keep him I think. May be bringing in similar types but Heeney and Dunkley in particular project as having pretty good forward games; I believe Mitchell, Heeney, Dunkley and Mills can play together and it would be a dominant inside brigade (although I imagine Longmire may disagree with that). Not to mention your current exceptional midfielders as well. His form's excellent for the Swans regardless of whether he stays or goes, though.

I feel that we could fit all of Mitchell, Heeney, Mills and Dunks in. Mitchell in guts, Heeney rotating between HFF and on ball, Mills the same and play dunks as utility. This allows us to play/rest Jack, Parker and JPK in forward line and rotate players such as McVeigh and Jetta on wing and off HBF. Lots of versatility with our MIDs and have more quality on ballers who can play HBF or up forward helps.

More so interesting what will happen to players such as Bird.

I feel that we could fit all of Mitchell, Heeney, Mills and Dunks in. Mitchell in guts, Heeney rotating between HFF and on ball, Mills the same and play dunks as utility. This allows us to play/rest Jack, Parker and JPK in forward line and rotate players such as McVeigh and Jetta on wing and off HBF. Lots of versatility with our MIDs and have more quality on ballers who can play HBF or up forward helps.

More so interesting what will happen to players such as Bird.
Complemented by guys like Hewett and Hiscox (I rate both) as well. I wouldn't want to play against it, that's for sure. Finding the next generation of key position players is the next challenge but if you can bring in Dunkley and Mills without sacrificing Mitchell, your future midfield looks as dominant as any.

Bird could be one that moves on if the new bidding system is approved and you need more picks. To be brutally honest there's essentially no chance he finds a regular spot in your side from next year, but he's a solid enough player and still young enough to have a prolonged impact. Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to a club in the low-mid range looking to add to their depth.

Complemented by guys like Hewett and Hiscox (I rate both) as well. I wouldn't want to play against it, that's for sure. Finding the next generation of key position players is the next challenge but if you can bring in Dunkley and Mills without sacrificing Mitchell, your future midfield looks as dominant as any.

Bird could be one that moves on if the new bidding system is approved and you need more picks. To be brutally honest there's essentially no chance he finds a regular spot in your side from next year, but he's a solid enough player and still young enough to have a prolonged impact. Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to a club in the low-mid range looking to add to their depth.

Can see bird going but depends who is the new tagger. Maybe rotate MIDs on them. We are crying out for good KPD's. Have a few developing on list but need one or two in the next couple of years.

Can see bird going but depends who is the new tagger. Maybe rotate MIDs on them. We are crying out for good KPD's. Have a few developing on list but need one or two in the next couple of years.
I quite like the mix of key defenders you have on your list but unfortunately they're probably a few years off it still. I rate McLaren, Davis has talent and Melican has some really nice attributes. Reid has looked solid in defence this year as well. It's a shame that Johnson has had so many injuries - he'd be a great option. What's the verdict on Xavier Richards? I thought he looked OK in his first game but it's obviously a tiny sample size.

I quite like the mix of key defenders you have on your list but unfortunately they're probably a few years off it still. I rate McLaren, Davis has talent and Melican has some really nice attributes. Reid has looked solid in defence this year as well. It's a shame that Johnson has had so many injuries - he'd be a great option. What's the verdict on Xavier Richards? I thought he looked OK in his first game but it's obviously a tiny sample size.
Best. Avatar. Ever.

Another year on, and his future is being speculated about again. I've not really seen too much of Sydney this year, what price would he be rated? There have been numerous references to him in other threads, with a lot talking about a first rounder outside the top 10 (so 11 to 15 odd). Is that really his value? How good is he now and how good will he get?

Back