TRADE: Fremantle's Robert Warnock and pick 69 to Carlton for picks 24, 56 and 72.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Freo had rejected our offer of 24 and 56 earlier in the week?

Then they come back and take the deal, and upgrade our 5th rounder in the process?

There's a chance I'd find it somewhat amusing if I wasn't so genuinely confused as to how that club operates come trade week.

Seeing as he was drafted at pick 42 and has only played 20 odd games, id say its the other way around?

Dont forget that Carlton missed out on any ROK talks because of this trade...

So what? We will get him in the preseason anyways, Swanny and the boys will make it happen. ROKS manager has also clearly stated that Carlton is where he wants to land. :thumbsu:

Seeing as he was drafted at pick 42 and has only played 20 odd games, id say its the other way around?

Dont forget that Carlton missed out on any ROK talks because of this trade...

Look at it this way. Fremantle lost a 21 year old mobile ruckman with alot of potential that showed he could play at AFL level.

Do you reckon pick 24 is going to find you a young ruckman with the same potential? I doubt it.... any ruckman taken at pick 24 now is going to be a lottery because if he was any good he would be going top 15.

Fremantle lost big time. Funny thing is if Sandilands goes down injured they are down to Kepler Bradley as their #1 ruck

Carlton really get on my nerves... :mad:
I really wish Freo took a stand, just because Robbie wants to play with his new best mate Juddy, doesn't mean you bend over and let him have his way! I know you would have got nothing...but the pleasure of watching the Carlton fans whinge afterwards would have been orgasmic :D

I will ROFL all day if it turns out Warnock can't play :thumbsu: :)

I look forward to Carlton vs Freo next year, I hope Pav and co. get into the little prat

Carlton really get on my nerves... :mad:
I really wish Freo took a stand, just because Robbie wants to play with his new best mate Juddy, doesn't mean you bend over and let him have his way! I know you would have got nothing...but the pleasure of watching the Carlton fans whinge afterwards would have been orgasmic :D

I will ROFL all day if it turns out Warnock can't play :thumbsu: :)

I look forward to Carlton vs Freo next year, I hope Pav and co. get into the little prat

Pav and Co couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat in the middle of the Pacific ocean :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe if we werent looking or had our backs to them there a chance i suppose. :thumbsdown:

Can we cut all this crap talk. Im from Perth, but am a Blues supporter who gets abused by eagles & dockers fans all the time, its half the fun in footy between supporters.
In this situation we(Carlton) got a promising young ruckman which we needed & Freo got a few draft picks which could help in the future(but nothing is gauranteed with players & picks it's all potential talk) and they are at the stage of looking to the future as the Eagles are.
Both teams did ok & prob got what was well deserved out of it. Time will tell, but in trading there are always talking points of who got the better deal, how about we give in 4 years then decide & by then no one will really care anyway.
Warnock is now a Carlton player and Dockers loaded with picks to re build and we move on.
Thats my take on it all...

What good does winning morally do for anyone?? They have pick 24 and 56, and have lost Warnock. If they hadn't have accepted the trade, they would have lost Warnock and gained no one. They have done what they had to do. Taking the moral high ground might seem like a good idea when you aren't involved in the day to day running of the club, but, surely it is rather foolish in reality.

All clubs are will face the gun at one time, reputation counts for everything at the trade table. Freo have demonstrated that their threats are meaningless and they are willing to be bent over a barrel. Who would believe a freo bluff now? Every single time they go to the trade table they will be called. For instance, Port have shown that they are prepared to let a player walk into the PSD, no one has called their bluff since.

Imho they have done themselves more long term harm by caving to Carlton's offer. I don't think Carlton have got a steal and fwiw Freo were compensated the right amount for losing Warnock, it is the principle of the Dockers making an apparently tough stand and then crapping their dacks at the thought of losing Warnock for nothing.

I would have loved to see Freo do a "Veale deal" and send Warnock to Melbourne via the PSD, with some compensation from Melbourne.

Weak as water Freo... tough talk added up to nothing.

Which Melbourne boy is outta contract next season? We may as well start lining up for the Dockers to be bent over again.

Well done Blues... you're building a very very scary team. Warnock is a beauty.
Ouch. Did I use the sarcasm switch there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have bowel movements that are more useful than Warnock as an AFL footballer.

So Freo got Suban (one pick later went Redden and at 29/30 Beams and Hanners), Bucovaz and 72 was another nobody.

Suban is ok but didn't really nail the pick like they could have.

We meanwhile gave up Beams or Hanners.

I love my club....

Pav and Co couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat in the middle of the Pacific ocean :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe if we werent looking or had our backs to them there a chance i suppose. :thumbsdown:

So let me get this straight, you gave up the chance of picking Suban, Redden, Beams or Hannerberry to pick up Warnock.

The bloke who sooked because he thought he was ahead of Sandi

Couldn't hit water :D

Hindsight is a luxury once time has been played out.

Warnock had his opportunities but cruel injuries stopped his natural progression. I think going off what has been played out, it was a bit of a stalemate. We had a couple of extra bullets in the chamber to sniff out a decent player, we have a hard nut in Suban, but also lost a potentially good ruck in Warnock.

Its only panned in our favour as we have reinforcements with Clark/Griffin.

How carlton would love to have a hard nut like Suban right now. Goes in harder then either of Gibbs or Murphy and kicks goals too. And what ended up happening with O keefe.

Perpetually injured. We even delisted and re-rookied him, hoping he would eventually overcome his injuries. Sadly that never eventuated and we cut him after a further three injury filled years on the rookie list.

You obviously have no idea! If I had a choice of 6 players at Freo from which to build towards a premiership tilt in 3 years time then he would be one of them.

Great grab by Carlton, Freo shafted but did as well as they could and other Melbourne clubs should look at themselves to find out why Judd and Warnock didn't choose you (i.e Melbourne and Collingwood)!

Oh the things we say when we are young and stupid. Just need that sex video of mine to turn up on BF and my embarrassment will be complete.

Kram 81, you sense of humour in revisiting this and giving it a "like" is admirable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back