Triple M 50 Most Played Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

50 Least?

are you gonna post a list. That'd be very interesting i think.

I'm out of the office most of Friday but I'll post it as it comes to hand. Songs have to have been played at least once.

Break On Through by the Doors has been played a bit in the promo, so already a +1 to that list.

I'm only new to Melbourne but Vega's pretty much everything I wanted Triple M in Brisbane to be, save for the annoying interjections of the shithouse morning crew in every second adbreak

Doing their 50 least played songs of the last 20 years on Friday. Should be interesting to see which list is better.

So far, the 50 least played songs is beating the pants off last week's one, IMO. It's so awesomely random.

Says a bit about Triple M's playlist.

50 Unflogged Songs

50. Overkill - Men At Work
49. Evidence - Faith No More
48. Don't Go - Hothouse Flowers
47. Big Me - Foo Fighters
46. Vienna - Ultravox
45. Black Stick - Cruel Sea
44. Back On The Borderline - Midnight Oil
43. Drive - Incubus
42. Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
41. Louie Louie (Live) - Australian Crawl

40. The Door - Silverchair
39. Infected - The The
38. Round Here - Counting Crows
37. Cold Shot - Stevie Ray Vaughan
36. Linger - Cranberries
35. Talking In Your Sleep - Romantics
34. Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi
33. Blue Day - Mi-Sex
32. Hit That - Offspring
31. Wishing Well - Terence Trent D'Arby

30. Remedy - Black Crowes
29. Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
28. Good - Better Than Ezra
27. Marseilles - The Angels
26. Don't Panic - Coldplay
25. Johnsons Aeroplane - INXS
24. Don't Go Now - Ratcat
23. Sleeping Beauty - Divinyls
22. Hard Act To Follow - Grinspoon
21. Purple Rain - Prince

20. Given to Fly - Pearl Jam
19. I Will Follow - U2
18. Country House - Blur
17. Walls Come Down - The Call
16. Distant Sun - Crowded House
15. Heartbreak Beat - Psychedelic Furs
14. Lake Of Fire - Nirvana
13. Deeper Water - Deadstar
12. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
11. Sister - Flowers

10. Ordinary World - Duran Duran
9. Star Hotel - Cold Chisel
8. Metropolis - The Church
7. Break On Through - The Doors
6. If You Tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers

5. Happy Man - Sunnyboys
4. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
3. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen
2. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
1. You Could Be Mine - Guns'n'Roses

lol hey guys i know MMM plays MMMM MMMMM by Crash Test Dummies but i am fairly sure they play another one as his voice is very distinctive but i can't put my finger on it... can anyone list the songs triple m play by them?? thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've decided I hate Triple M. The other day I didn't have my ipod in the car so just turned the radio on for a bit and flicked over to them. They were talking about Avenged Sevenfold and I was thinking hmm this is a bit strange, aren't they too "heavy" for MMM? Anyway then the boadcaster proceeded to talk about how they've mellowed out for a bit (basically saying "so now we can play them") and played part of their new song. Of course it was that typical pedestrian rock s**t tham MMM love.
The main reason I hate them is because they act like they're the bastions of rock music, and then just play complete s**t, or 80's glam Bon Jovi etc. Fox are better than them, at least they don't act like they're something there not, they exist to play mainstream top 40 and that's what they do.

I've decided I hate Triple M. The other day I didn't have my ipod in the car so just turned the radio on for a bit and flicked over to them. They were talking about Avenged Sevenfold and I was thinking hmm this is a bit strange, aren't they too "heavy" for MMM? Anyway then the boadcaster proceeded to talk about how they've mellowed out for a bit (basically saying "so now we can play them") and played part of their new song. Of course it was that typical pedestrian rock s**t tham MMM love.
The main reason I hate them is because they act like they're the bastions of rock music, and then just play complete s**t, or 80's glam Bon Jovi etc. Fox are better than them, at least they don't act like they're something there not, they exist to play mainstream top 40 and that's what they do.

I love rock/hard rock/metal music. That's the reason i listen to triple M and it is footy and rock, Perfect mix! :thumbsu:

I cant stand Nova or Fox FM, i despise their music.

thats clearly not adelaide triple m, if it was, then i might actually listen to FM radio again.

triple m here revolves around queen, jovi, chisel, queen, barnsey, crowded house, pink, queen, nickleback....

That's not a whole lot different to Triple M in Melbourne these days.

Has Triple M played a metal song that isn't a popular Metallica song in the last 5 years?

I know there's a lot of commercial bashing and I for one despise everything but Triple M and Gold.

Just been listening to the Triple 50 Most Played Songs in the last 20 years and really enjoyed it.

My guess for number one has already gone, I thought Under the Bridge or Alive would get the gong.

Here's 50-1:

50. The Right Time - Hoodoo Gurus
49. Come Out & Play - The Offspring
48. Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
47. One Word - Baby Animals
46. November Rain - Guns N Roses
45. Even Better Than The Real Thing - U2
44. Cats In The Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe
43. No Rain - Blind Melon
42. Do You See What I See - Hunters & Collectors
41. Legs - ZZ Top
40. Beautiful Day - U2
39. Jump - Van Halen
38. Two Princes - Spin Doctors
37. Lightning Crashes - Live
36. What's My Scene - Hoodoo Gurus
35. If You Could Only See - Tonic
34. To Her Door - Paul Kelly
33. Dreams - Van Halen
32. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
31. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
30. Selling The Drama - Live
29. Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses
28. Rush - Big Audio Dynamite
27. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
26. Helping Hand - Screaming Jets
25. All Over You - Live
24. Lump - Presidents Of The USA
23. Mysterious Ways - U2
22. About A Girl - Nirvana
21. Sex & Candy - Marcy Playground
20. Good Riddance - Green Day
19. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
18. All The Small Things - Blink 182
17. Shine - Colletive Soul
16. Alive - Pearl Jam
15. Daughter - Pearl Jam
14. Creep - Radiohead
13. Shimmer - Fuel
12. Better - Screaming Jets
11. Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
10. Betterman - Pearl Jam
9. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
8. When I Come Around - Green Day
7. Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
6. Losing My Religion - REM
5. Mr Jones - Counting Crows
4. Come As You Are - Nirvana
3. Santa Monica - Everclear
2. Holy Grail - Hunters & Collectors
1. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

Not nearly as bad a typical JJJ playlist (shudder)

50 Unflogged Songs

50. Overkill - Men At Work
49. Evidence - Faith No More
48. Don't Go - Hothouse Flowers
47. Big Me - Foo Fighters
46. Vienna - Ultravox
45. Black Stick - Cruel Sea
44. Back On The Borderline - Midnight Oil
43. Drive - Incubus
42. Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
41. Louie Louie (Live) - Australian Crawl

40. The Door - Silverchair
39. Infected - The The
38. Round Here - Counting Crows
37. Cold Shot - Stevie Ray Vaughan
36. Linger - Cranberries
35. Talking In Your Sleep - Romantics
34. Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi
33. Blue Day - Mi-Sex
32. Hit That - Offspring
31. Wishing Well - Terence Trent D'Arby

30. Remedy - Black Crowes
29. Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
28. Good - Better Than Ezra
27. Marseilles - The Angels
26. Don't Panic - Coldplay
25. Johnsons Aeroplane - INXS
24. Don't Go Now - Ratcat
23. Sleeping Beauty - Divinyls
22. Hard Act To Follow - Grinspoon
21. Purple Rain - Prince

20. Given to Fly - Pearl Jam
19. I Will Follow - U2
18. Country House - Blur
17. Walls Come Down - The Call
16. Distant Sun - Crowded House
15. Heartbreak Beat - Psychedelic Furs
14. Lake Of Fire - Nirvana
13. Deeper Water - Deadstar
12. Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
11. Sister - Flowers

10. Ordinary World - Duran Duran
9. Star Hotel - Cold Chisel
8. Metropolis - The Church
7. Break On Through - The Doors
6. If You Tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers

5. Happy Man - Sunnyboys
4. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
3. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen
2. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
1. You Could Be Mine - Guns'n'Roses
26 songs on that "unflogged" list that I either really like or absolutely love. At least with those songs they haven't been done to death and I'm really pumped to hear them on the radio again.
Any list that has You Could Be Mine (what a ****ing great song!), Star Hotel, I will Follow, Break On Through, Purple Rain, Plush, Don't Go Now and Remedy on it will something good going for it. :thumbsu:

Have you noticed Triple M seem to be playing the same songs for the past twenty years or more?
There are countless new bands around Australia that could be getting radio support but Triple M don't bother playing them.
If you think Triple M need a long overdue wake up call check out this page and join the campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/Triplembringtherockback

Have you noticed Triple M seem to be playing the same songs for the past twenty years or more?
There are countless new bands around Australia that could be getting radio support but Triple M don't bother playing them.
If you think Triple M need a long overdue wake up call check out this page and join the campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/Triplembringtherockback

Waste of time. Nothing will ever change. Triple M play the music they do because dumb tradies think that is what they like. Cold Chisel, Baby Animals, Darryl Braithwaite, and a six pack of beer on the way home. The mundane life of way too many. Sad.

If you want change, be progressive and look to the future with digital radio. There are some very good options already out there !!

Waste of time. Nothing will ever change. Triple M play the music they do because dumb tradies think that is what they like. Cold Chisel, Baby Animals, Darryl Braithwaite, and a six pack of beer on the way home. The mundane life of way too many. Sad.

If you want change, be progressive and look to the future with digital radio. There are some very good options already out there !!

Strength in numbers. The more people who get on board and voice their opinion, the more chance we have of changing something.

We've already had some articles written about what we're doing...

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/453663/r...rting-aussie-music-heres-how-you-can-help.htm

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/rock-advocates-challenge-triple-m-to-play-more-local-bands/

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news...ry-fans-are-trying-to-get-Triple-M-to-play-ck

I'm well aware of what's available on digital radio, I host show on Saturday nights at 10PM on THRS Radio (http://www.radiojar.com/stations/thrs-radio) But it's not about me, it's about getting more support and exposure to new local bands and mainstream radio is still very relevant in the overseas markets, it's only Australia that has dropped the ball.

Australian Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Back