Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just over a week away........

I didnt see a thread on this and I think will the fighters on this card it deserves it's own thread :)

Heavyweight Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
Light Heavyweight Maurício Rua vs. James Te Huna
Light Heavyweight Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh
Heavyweight Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei
Middleweight Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester
Bantamweight Alex Caceres vs. Mitch Gagnon
Preliminary card (Fox Sports 2)
Women's Bantamweight Julie Kedzie vs. Bethe Correia
Bantamweight Takeya Mizugaki vs. Nam Phan
Middleweight Nick Ring vs. Caio Magalhaes
Flyweight Richie Vaculik vs. Justin Scoggins
Preliminary card (Online)
Middleweight Bruno Santos vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Welterweight Ben Wall vs. Alex Garcia

I am really excited for this card, should be some good fights. Perth's own Sao Palelei to head up the ranks once he KO's Pat Barry and Hunt to KO Bigfoot. Rua should come away with the win and I think Ryan Bader will have the easiest fight of his whole career.

Thoughts ???

I love Mark Hunt, but I really don't like the match up.

I love Mark Hunt, but I really don't like the match up.

You think he will be knocked out. Bigfoot can hit hard not sure if that will worry Hunt though. He took everything JDS had and some more

You think he will be knocked out. Bigfoot can hit hard not sure if that will worry Hunt though. He took everything JDS had and some more

I think it's more likely that he gets taken down and has to defend off his back against those baboon arms and elbows. Nasty business.

He goes down and he'll get hurt. Enough to knock him out maybe not, but enough to ensure he can't do the knocking out and gets out paced.

Pretty confident that Te Huna & Hunt will win.

Interested to see how Wall & Vaculik go after featuring on TUF smashes.

Oh wait, this is in Australia? Sydney?

Brisbane I Believe. Apparently the UFC were going to hold the event in Perth but colin barnett doesnt like the idea of a cage .....................................:mad:

Can't wait for this card!

I think all the aussies are a chance to surprise but go in as underdogs, with the exception of maybe Dylan Andrews. Having said that now - he'll probably get TKO'd.

Looking forward to seeing Richie Vas fight in his natural weight class of 125.. how the hell did he compete at 155 on TUF?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hunt interview on Summer 360 was lame, it would have been even without the audio issues. I think it would have been a decent interview if it didn't have the audio problems for people who aren't MMA fans though. Gerard had no idea about MMA and Crash had a couple of fairly obscure facts up his sleeve but that was it. Whoever was in charge of the graphics could have done a tiny bit of research; MMA record is not equal to UFC record.

The rest of the world probably care a lot less about this card than us. I'm looking forward to it; most the main card fights are interesting and I like the Mizugaki/Phan fight a lot.

The Hunt interview on Summer 360 was lame, it would have been even without the audio issues. I think it would have been a decent interview if it didn't have the audio problems for people who aren't MMA fans though. Gerard had no idea about MMA and Crash had a couple of fairly obscure facts up his sleeve but that was it. Whoever was in charge of the graphics could have done a tiny bit of research; MMA record is not equal to UFC record.

I think that's right, and I think it was partly due to Mark. I love the bloke, I think he's fantastic and I hope like hell he wins this weekend and wins the title at 40. That would make me very happy. But he's not all that enaging on camera. He lacks that ability to make a complete philistine suddenly sit up and take notice, considering alot of the time it's the fighter not the fighting that gets people interested, I reckon.

Anyway, when Australia has a young, high level and home grown chance with a flashy smile and some real charisma, the Gerald Whateley and that ilk will be interviewing fighters in studio to lead off the program. Only a matter of time.

1475880_10152060792261276_48431368_n.jpg

I love Mark Hunt but Bigfoot is a giant that trains with champions over in Brazil. I wonder if JDS has given out any pointers ??

I dont want to say it but I am leaning towards bigfoot Silva.........

1461027_10152060792036276_1768516742_n.jpg

SAO for the big KO. If this goes into the 3rd round, It will become a slugfest.

1470104_10152060792491276_1594398930_n.jpg

Great to see Shogun here in Oz. I think Te Huna will have a hard time in this fight. I was leaning towards Shogun until I seen this pic. He needs to put on some kilos......fast.

I was reading something today about Shogun wanting to go to middleweight but his camp not thinking his knees could handle the cardio/endurance training required to become a "natural" middleweight. I don't know how true it was but looking at that pic he isn't big enough to be a LH and he looks doughy as s**t. He is not the Shogun of Pride. If he loses to Te Huna he probably should give it away or try to get to Middleweight.

Poor Ben Wall got destroyed. Beautifully placed uppercut from Garcia though.

Just caught up to the live action. YES, Shogun!!!!!! How good was that? He's not finished yet. Jab will call me un-Australian :p but that was awesome.

The Hulk looked great. It'll be interesting to see how he goes next time, especially if he fights someone with a better ground game or the ability to keep it standing. Perosh is undoubtedly very tough (The Cro Cop fight and now the Bader fight show that) and he has a great top game, but it's remarkable how far he's gotten in the UFC with his limited skill set. Bader dominated pretty much for all 15 minutes outside of a couple of decent punches that Perosh landed.

Now for Hunt to KO Bigfoot and I'll be very happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back