MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, OSP just didn't fight smart. Threw single kicks to the body that Glover saw coming and he got taken down because of it. Threw himself at Glover with his striking, which allowed Glover to take him down too. Then OSP went for takedowns that allowed Glover to reverse him and wind up on top. Easy to say from here, but I think OSP needed to be more measured and try to counter Glover as Glover closed the distance, whether Glover was coming in striking or looking for takedowns. Good win for Glover and keeps him near the top of the LHW division.

I thought Johnson looked really good and clearly won the 1st two rounds. Dariush probably won the 3rd. 29-28 Johnson is how I would have scored it and honestly 30-27 Johnson makes more sense to me than 29-28 Dariush.

Nice to see Brunson win by stoppage again. I was expecting him to wrestle Alvey and make it pretty boring as he won a clear decision. Was better for the fans that it went this way, but he fought in a pretty risky manner against someone like Alvey.

Rosholt/Johnson went as I expected. Rosholt just leans on you and drags you to the floor and wins decisions.

Nunes' TDD looks to have improved. Very good win for her.

I love watching really good grapplers do their thing. Borg is great to watch, and Herrera was good enough to survive and make it tough at times for Borg.

Would have liked to have seen Hall/Bamgbose play out on the feet. I think Bamgbose slipped and then it became clear that his ground game's not good at this stage. Good win by Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Sportsbet are now honouring and paying out on all bets made on Johnson, because of what a robbery the decision was. Pretty neat if true.
they paid it out within a cpl of hours.. my 10/1 multi got up

Rewatched Johnson/Dariush. At the time I thought the decision was really awful, but now not so much. I still think Johnson won, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of other decisions have been. After rewatching I'm sure round 1 was Johnson's and 3 was Dariush's. 2 was close and I'd say Johnson did enough to win it.

I mentioned in another thread that McMann's training at a small camp and that's probably stalling her development. Same goes for OSP at Knoxville Martial Arts Academy. Get him to a top camp, work really hard on his TDD and tighten up his striking and you've got a really good LHW. He's already a good LHW without that. Although, now that I look at it, he's already 32 and has been fighting for about 7 years. Getting to a top camp years ago would have been much more beneficial than it would be now.

Rewatched Johnson/Dariush. At the time I thought the decision was really awful, but now not so much. I still think Johnson won, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of other decisions have been. After rewatching I'm sure round 1 was Johnson's and 3 was Dariush's. 2 was close and I'd say Johnson did enough to win it.

I mentioned in another thread that McMann's training at a small camp and that's probably stalling her development. Same goes for OSP at Knoxville Martial Arts Academy. Get him to a top camp, work really hard on his TDD and tighten up his striking and you've got a really good LHW. He's already a good LHW without that. Although, now that I look at it, he's already 32 and has been fighting for about 7 years. Getting to a top camp years ago would have been much more beneficial than it would be now.
Did you listen to heavy hands ? I need to re watch the fight, McMann needs something maybe she just don't have it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back