2nds VFL - Geelong Cats vs North Ballarat 12.10pm, Saturday 13th June Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Luxford didn't do much either, but he looked smoother and classier than the other 3 put together.
Interesting you say that. He was credited with 28 possessions (I think) and didn't make the best list. I didn't see all of the game but it strikes me as odd.

Interesting you say that. He was credited with 28 possessions (I think) and didn't make the best list. I didn't see all of the game but it strikes me as odd.

The 28 surprises me, because the possession figures I noticed being flashed up during the game (a) didn't include him in the leaders, and (b) appeared to be way lower than usual generally. But I do9n't remember seeing any later in the game, so your figure may be correct.

The 28 surprises me, because the possession figures I noticed being flashed up during the game (a) didn't include him in the leaders, and (b) appeared to be way lower than usual generally. But I do9n't remember seeing any later in the game, so your figure may be correct.
It surprised me too from the two or so quarters I saw but...

In order of deserved appearance at AFL next week.

Kolo - in reasonable form (but where does he play?)
Jansen - "just" form but we need to have a look at him and this is a good game for it.
Blease - ditto form but would keep team balance.
Cockatoo - if you just want another game on his sheet.

Gore (from what I have seen) would be a walk up if he was in one piece! Its a fickle game.

Stanley is out.
Clark is not ready.
Walker will help in the ruck
So you could play Kolo back and swing Taylor forward (not in love with it)
Play Kolo forward ..done this a bit the VFL , leads out well.
Swing Rivers forward , play Kolo back.

There are few questions that need answers.

No as in do not play him. Cant agree. The height of Melb would seem to make work. Thurlow is going great but he could play even a tad higher
Well that was totally confusing, you advocate playing Kolo then answer with the bolded..?

Not really sure where you are coming from, so the reply will b only my interpretation.

Our back 6 have covered everything that's been thrown at them for @ least the last 2 games (minimum!), why would you change that now unless there was an injury/management..?

Hmmm. I think it's just plain wrong. Especially given the tweet a couple of minutes earler which said Disposals: Pailouras 21, Raidme 19, Ruggles 17, Maas 16, Linton, Rees, McFarlane, Blease 15
It's a bit weird, but afl.com.au said the same:

Geelong rookie Michael Luxford racked up a team-high 28 possessions and took a brilliant one-handed mark in the third quarter to set up his one goal.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-13...s-players-faring-in-this-weekends-second-tier

No answer sorry, we have Boris, Mack & Thurls to cover med defender roles.

Basically when I read your post (above) Im asking do you mean ... NO.....answer sorry we have several med HB's.. To me this seemed to be saying that we should not play him. So I asked .. NO as in not play him? (forgot the ? mark)

Well that was totally confusing, you advocate playing Kolo then answer with the bolded..?

Not really sure where you are coming from, so the reply will b only my interpretation.

Our back 6 have covered everything that's been thrown at them for @ least the last 2 games (minimum!), why would you change that now unless there was an injury/management..?

I will try to clarify . I would like him to play. I think considering that Stanley is out , Clark will not play... we will have to swing players around and within that Kolo can be used. On top of that we probably have to pick two players. So Kolo and a mid.

It's a bit weird, but afl.com.au said the same:

Geelong rookie Michael Luxford racked up a team-high 28 possessions and took a brilliant one-handed mark in the third quarter to set up his one goal.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-13...s-players-faring-in-this-weekends-second-tier

Saw the mark and goal but didn't see the 28 possies. In fact I would use the term hardly sighted in the first and only a bit better in the second.

No.76 for us looked a lot like Luxford and got more of it than most including Luxford. Don't know his name so can't check what he was credited with.

Saw the mark and goal but didn't see the 28 possies. In fact I would use the term hardly sighted in the first and only a bit better in the second.

No.76 for us looked a lot like Luxford and got more of it than most including Luxford. Don't know his name so can't check what he was credited with.
Haha was just about to post I bet they got him confused with Linton at times...

28 is just not right.

Yep, I saw the first half and Linton got plenty of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember posting around the start of the last, he had 16 then, well that is what channel 7 said. He did have a good last quarter.

Cats on Twitter stated there was a problem with the stats tally during the game.

An article in our WA paper yesterday had a look at the WAFL umpires and the free kick count for and against teams and particular players. The umpiring coordinator was pretty happy with the WAFL umpiring because the umpires got it right about 85% of the time. I would like to see a similar article written on the AFL umpires.
chirping crickets.jpg

That tackle was unreal. Kept the game in our hands, hit him with a bang and held on. Was one of the best plays all day

Agree. I actually thought Sheringham was unfortunate to be delisted last year. He would currently be worth more on our senior list than Horlin-Smith is. Do you know if there is any footage of the tackle?

Agree. I actually thought Sheringham was unfortunate to be delisted last year. He would currently be worth more on our senior list than Horlin-Smith is. Do you know if there is any footage of the tackle?

I'm sure one of the regulars who upload might be able to do it. Unfortunately I'm not one of those, wouldn't have a clue on how to do it.

The entire game might be available on 7+ if you've got that on your tv

Last edited:
The Cats website posts highlights of VFL games- if I see anything, I'll post it here or I'm sure someone else will.

QUOTE="Generalissimo, post: 39080776, member: 4626"]Agree. I actually thought Sheringham was unfortunate to be delisted last year. He would currently be worth more on our senior list than Horlin-Smith is. Do you know if there is any footage of the tackle?[/QUOTE]
He'd only be worth more atm as ghs is injured with a knee and has been carrying an injured groin/hip all year. Sherringham is a plodder, tries hard but not in the same ball park as george

He did the same during the Port Melb game a few weeks ago.He's gone all Bruuuuuuuuuce on us.
Surely not? Not this mucho man.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back