State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mediocrity? We have a squad full of kids between 20 and 26. We've made B2B Shield finals despite being in a rebuild phase and if we win this game we've made the final again despite putting out a consistently young side.

You're a classic case in point. You bitch whenever it's close. Even when we win you consistently moan.

But you’re happy just making finals and not making any improvements.

This year they had a perfect opportunity to make the OD final and blew it and look to do the same in the shield. So is going backwards a good thing?

Exactly. I made clear the rider on my comments.
IF we fail to make the final.

That'd be two botched finals this season and then there's our utterly abject T20 program in the BBL.
Make the final or we need a review.

But you’re happy just making finals and not making any improvements.

This year they had a perfect opportunity to make the OD final and blew it and look to do the same in the shield. So is going backwards a good thing?
You can't win it if you don't make it. You literally said you didn't want to make it the last two years. I want to make it and win it.

Losers mentality. You were hoping for mediocrity so you can bitch about it. You bitch when we win the Shield by 200+ runs.

You're just upset because when you made a massive whinge after a couple of games with a doomsday prediction and now it's gone. You're not happy unless we're s**t.

You can't win it if you don't make it. You literally said you didn't want to make it the last two years. I want to make it and win it.

Losers mentality. You were hoping for mediocrity so you can bitch about it. You bitch when we win the Shield by 200+ runs.

You're just upset because when you made a massive whinge after a couple of games with a doomsday prediction and now it's gone. You're not happy unless we're s**t.

Well sure, we can’t all make perfect predictions like your claim last game that Tassie was as good as 7 out, all out. How did that one turn out?

But yes, seeing a second XI beat Victoria by an innings definitely doesn’t inspire confidence, but then again NSW go from not winning a game for what, 3 years to within a shot at making the final.

Strange season or just a mediocre one?

Well sure, we can’t all make perfect predictions like your claim last game that Tassie was as good as 7 out, all out. How did that one turn out?

But yes, seeing a second XI beat Victoria by an innings definitely doesn’t inspire confidence, but then again NSW go from not winning a game for what, 3 years to within a shot at making the final.

Strange season or just a mediocre one?
I got one wrong. We bowled badly to the tail. Well done, I made a mistake

Keep whinging and wanting us to lose, loser. You'd rather us lose games just so you're right than win that proves you wrong.

Also that "second XI" had the two best openers this season, a 22 year old who's shown consistent signs of improvement (Goodwin), a very good all rounder in Hardie, Turner averaged 37 before doing his ACL, Stobo is a very solid red ball bowler, Rocc has been the best spinner this season. So really there are 3/4 players outside their best XI (not really counting Green/Marsh as best XI as they rarely play).

But yeah, you're definitely not happy unless we suck and you can bitch about it.

Keep replying, can’t help yourself.

Getting a chuckle out of your weird obsession, but hey keep calling people losers, I’ve never been dropped from a club side without explanation so if you think you’re talking about me, you’re wrong as usual.

Run along back to your mother’s club on the hill and have another drink.

What are you talking about?

You just rolled a side for under 250.
FFS.
I said that at 4/200, not at stumps. Was looking like 300+ at that stage.
Oh and we haven't finished batting yet. We bowled tassie out for the same score and < 50 overs later the game was over.
Batting is our weakness.

That's not wanting us to be s**t. That is a proven fact this year.

Oh and we haven't finished batting yet. We bowled tassie out for the same score and < 50 overs later the game was over.
Batting is our weakness.

TBF, you were moaning about not winning before the game even started.

You and eddiesmith are so ******* negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batting is our weakness.

We bowled badly on a green top. This is a road. Yes, Maddo is out but Harris averages something like 70 on the Junction, Kellaway is a good young player, Handscomb is 6th in runs and only needs 36 to get into the top 5, Short since last year's BBL break has been awesome and Harper has been arguably the best keeper/bat this season (him and Peirson 50/50).

You read the top run scorers for the Shield and it's a sorry sight for Australia.

For all the faith in this Victorian batting lineup from some, not a single batsman in the team has a first class average over 40, Short is averaging 19 this season, Harper averages 26 at no6 and our no7 averages under 20...

You read the top run scorers for the Shield and it's a sorry sight for Australia.

For all the faith in this Victorian batting lineup from some, not a single batsman in the team has a first class average over 40, Short is averaging 19 this season, Harper averages 26 at no6 and our no7 averages under 20...
Maddinson 67.17

That scorecard is abysmal.
We need someone better than Harper.

Sutherland is not a top 7 batsman.
Utter garbage cricket to throw away a shield final.
In fairness to Harper, he's been the best keeper/bat this season.

In fairness to Harper, he's been the best keeper/bat this season.
Hardly. Lower batting average than Peirson, Doran and Wade. All considerably higher too.
Batting average mid 20s is hardly something to write home about.

He’s not ever going to wear a baggy green and Murphy aside no one else is either which is a concern - the CV talent pathway is a dismal failure
I still think Sutherland is a good enough bowler to get there.

White ball - yep
Red ball - I don’t share your optimism
I think he's a bit like Siddle in the way he bowls, plus the next gen apart from Bartlett looks shaky IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back