Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely all these recruits will squeeze a few blokes out that wont like the idea of playing twos footy.
Could be some internal rumblings come round 5/6

IMO the points system will only make teams like DP more successful as a club, if they've got the money, why wouldn't they make a power side club from 19s Reserves & Seniors. I'm sure the blokes going there on coin couldn't give 2 f@#ks about what time they start or where, as long as the envelope is given to them every couple of weeks.

Anyway, Broadbents gone, that bloke must have been on $2k a game!!

Also, while the rest of the comp will be close except for the falcons,

I didn't think the falcon will be that far behid than the rest. I don't think they have lost many 1s players and they were a quick team in GF last year. they have some very good players maybe depth wont be good but I think they will win 5-6 gmaes and come close on a lot I reckon. what are every1 thoughts?
have they lost senior players?

Just been informed Jase Perkins heading to Deer Park. Gee whiz, the margin between top and the rest will now be 30+ goals. Crowds will decline after the initial interest in Fev as everyone playing for second spot..

This is correct Turbo - he will kick bags in that team, not great for the competition this one.

This is correct Turbo - he will kick bags in that team, not great for the competition this one.

Your spot on Bobby. He kicked plenty when he was playing at the Colts a few years back, and they were not as good a side as Deer Park is these days. He and Fev might kick 100. And then you have Kwame. Gee whiz, it's goals galore.
Might park the ute behind the goals on the highway and make a good profit stealing footballs. Lol

IMO the points system will only make teams like DP more successful as a club, if they've got the money, why wouldn't they make a power side club from 19s Reserves & Seniors. I'm sure the blokes going there on coin couldn't give 2 f@#ks about what time they start or where, as long as the envelope is given to them every couple of weeks.

Anyway, Broadbents gone, that bloke must have been on $2k a game!!
Surely they're just taking the piss now. Haha! Can't wait for the next signing. Anyone wanna do a top ten of who's next?
If you're a competitive beast, winning the majority of games by 20+ can play games with motivation. The up and comers in the magoos will want senior games and who knows what will happen when they aren't getting the call up. Will take some good management at DP to keep them all motivated.

Surely they're just taking the piss now. Haha! Can't wait for the next signing. Anyone wanna do a top ten of who's next?
If you're a competitive beast, winning the majority of games by 20+ can play games with motivation. The up and comers in the magoos will want senior games and who knows what will happen when they aren't getting the call up. Will take some good management at DP to keep them all motivated.

Heard of a way that Deer Park can be beaten this year
All clubs forfeit when playing Deer Park at their home game, it's only one game that each club has to forfeit for the year.
It's amazing how gastro can effect a club on a Thursday night or maybe even buy some of that lettuce that causes all players from 19's through to seniors to become violently ill and cannot play on the Saturday.
This way they miss out on canteen and bar takings but I'm sure their players will still want to be paid
So spread the word and the gastro.

Heard of a way that Deer Park can be beaten this year
All clubs forfeit when playing Deer Park at their home game, it's only one game that each club has to forfeit for the year.
It's amazing how gastro can effect a club on a Thursday night or maybe even buy some of that lettuce that causes all players from 19's through to seniors to become violently ill and cannot play on the Saturday.
This way they miss out on canteen and bar takings but I'm sure their players will still want to be paid
So spread the word and the gastro.
What a losers way of looking at it. Very defeatist. Just play the game and do your best.

What a losers way of looking at it. Very defeatist. Just play the game and do your best.
Absolutely, it only takes one year or one disagreement within a club to upset a money man and he takes his $$$ elsewhere. Clubs can go from premiers to relegation or even folding within 2 years. Seen it happen before. Hang in there. Who knows, Deer Park may get bored and go to EDFL

I've heard from a close source that Spotswood utility Lachlan Fairley has a child on the way and is considering a break from footy this year...watch this space

Very Simplistic way of looking at it Lavo. If Deer Park don't want to play in the "spirit" of the game then why should every other club just accept it and as you do put it "play and do your best". You need to be prepared to take desperate measures in desperate times. Right now the Comps stuffed because Deer Park spend Double + more than everyone else and everyone is sick of it. Simply "playing and doing your best" just doesn't cut it, hasn't done for the past 3 years and it's getting worse. Yes we all want our club out there giving their all every week, but on a level playing field, and if the WRFL Executive won't do anything then I hope there's enough Clubs with the Ball's to take a stand. FORFEIT I SAY, who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Simplistic way of looking at it Lavo. If Deer Park don't want to play in the "spirit" of the game then why should every other club just accept it and as you do put it "play and do your best". You need to be prepared to take desperate measures in desperate times. Right now the Comps stuffed because Deer Park spend Double + more than everyone else and everyone is sick of it. Simply "playing and doing your best" just doesn't cut it, hasn't done for the past 3 years and it's getting worse. Yes we all want our club out there giving their all every week, but on a level playing field, and if the WRFL Executive won't do anything then I hope there's enough Clubs with the Ball's to take a stand. FORFEIT I SAY, who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!
Simplistic or the attitude of a winner and one whom will be successful in the long run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain what the "spirit of the game" means to you? Also what do you think the WRFL exec needs to do? One more question - what is a ball park estimate on Deer Parks spend as opposed to Aberfeldie Greenvale Strathmore Douttas Avondale And Keilors in the EDFL not that far away?

I think that's the issue in some part. Most other leagues the difference in the top spending club to the next is more closer in the EDFL than the difference in the WRFL between Deer Park and the next highest. I also think they are paying 2 or 3 times the budget of the majority of clubs hence there attitudes.
I understand recruiting Fev is great for Deer Park and the league, as his a celebrity but getting Perkins as well, and I hear they are still trying to recruit players. This is a bit ridiculous IMO.

From a league prospective they probably can't do much but it's not good for the league to have a side winning every game by 20-30 goals with a leg in the air. Then the GF to see the second best team only manage 2 goals tells you the story of a league totally dominated by 1 club.
Yes in the EDFL Abers did dominate to some extent, and won the GF by 20goals, but it was only the 1 year and you will find other clubs will close the gap in 2016 unlike the WRFL where the margin will be bigger.

PS: the best job in local footy would be to play full back for Deer Park. You would hardly need to do anything yet take home a good pay check each week. Lol

I think that's the issue in some part. Most other leagues the difference in the top spending club to the next is more closer in the EDFL than the difference in the WRFL between Deer Park and the next highest. I also think they are paying 2 or 3 times the budget of the majority of clubs hence there attitudes.
I understand recruiting Fev is great for Deer Park and the league, as his a celebrity but getting Perkins as well, and I hear they are still trying to recruit players. This is a bit ridiculous IMO.

From a league prospective they probably can't do much but it's not good for the league to have a side winning every game by 20-30 goals with a leg in the air. Then the GF to see the second best team only manage 2 goals tells you the story of a league totally dominated by 1 club.
Yes in the EDFL Abers did dominate to some extent, and won the GF by 20goals, but it was only the 1 year and you will find other clubs will close the gap in 2016 unlike the WRFL where the margin will be bigger.

PS: the best job in local footy would be to play full back for Deer Park. You would hardly need to do anything yet take home a good pay check each week. Lol
I appreciate and understand all that Turbo but what is the answer? The points system may work long term but was never going to make an impact early doors

I appreciate and understand all that Turbo but what is the answer? The points system may work long term but was never going to make an impact early doors
After all current players getting a 2 point reduction to kick things off. So what do Deer Park do? Spend half their budget to give others clubs a chance? I don't think so! Change comps ? Maybe a possibility. I don't know where they get their money but other clubs clearly need to lift to compete. As stated there are 7 or 8 EDFL clubs spending more than the 2nd highest WRFL spender. It's a problem in all competitions but the Deer Park conversations need to stop and clubs should be striving to be the best THEY can be . There are so many clubs in all sports who have NO chance of winning anything , so what should they do? Forfeit? If that's the answer we really are on the wrong tram . Now I'll ask once again , if they were running the WRFL what would they do about it?

It's a problem in all competitions but the Deer Park conversations need to stop and clubs should be striving to be the best THEY can be . There are so many clubs in all sports who have NO chance of winning anything , so what should they do? Forfeit? If that's the answer we really are on the wrong tram
Spot on!!!!

There is nothing much anyone can do at the moment other than the other clubs in the WRFL just need to build there clubs and concentrate on juniors and getting the right players into there clubs as I'm guessing this will be GAs last season putting big $$ into Deer Park so they will eventually come back just like the clubs he was involved with in the EDFL like Marby Park.
With regards to Deer Park I'm not sure why they invest so much money into the playing budget when you only need so many players. Better to spend this money elsewhere but there playing roster is organised by GA and he just tries to get everyone available.

There is nothing much anyone can do at the moment other than the other clubs in the WRFL just need to build there clubs and concentrate on juniors and getting the right players into there clubs as I'm guessing this will be GAs last season putting big $$ into Deer Park so they will eventually come back just like the clubs he was involved with in the EDFL like Marby Park.
With regards to Deer Park I'm not sure why they invest so much money into the playing budget when you only need so many players. Better to spend this money elsewhere but there playing roster is organised by GA and he just tries to get everyone available.
Also stop whinging every 5 minutes about them. The Deer Park boys are laughing at the rest of the competition . Anyone in their shoes would do exactly the same thing. I played many years ago in the old FDL and they were a struggling club for most of that time. I say well done to them . Over the past 30 years I cannot think of a div 1 side that hasn't played in a GF so every club will have their turn if they stick at it. The mere mention of forfeiting makes me sick !!!!

Also stop whinging every 5 minutes about them. The Deer Park boys are laughing at the rest of the competition . Anyone in their shoes would do exactly the same thing. I played many years ago in the old FDL and they were a struggling club for most of that time. I say well done to them . Over the past 30 years I cannot think of a div 1 side that hasn't played in a GF so every club will have their turn if they stick at it. The mere mention of forfeiting makes me sick !!!!
Losers walk away and quit. Shows a lot about character to even suggest forfeiting

Hey I'm not whinging about them or have ever mentioned clubs should forfeit. I just jumped in to provide my thoughts.
Have you read the recent on line web newspaper article on Deer Park. They are offering money to junior players and employing a scout to watch the junior comp. It's offical now. Bit sad footy is going this way.
Let's see what the team at afl vic. do about this. They create this and it's going to get worse and create a lot of hostility between clubs.
Read it and let me know What do you think!

This to me is more of an issue. Where does it stop.. This will happen - Pay a 13yr old $500 for every year (to 18s) to swap clubs. At 16/17 we sit down and renegotiate again.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/3609138bc72cc893f5cee5de0b3a0757

I am tipping if he is admitting to paying $300 a player it is double that ( at the very least).

Was rather amusing where he mentions that if they didn't do this they would be in the lower divisions in a few years time (like they have no choice at all). Wonder if he ever thought of developing their own kids starting in U9's and working all the way through.

I would be pretty disappointed if I was an U10 - U16 parent at Deer Park when I had to hand over my $300 membership payment only to find out that it is going straight to a kid from another club to get them across.

Last edited:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/3609138bc72cc893f5cee5de0b3a0757

I am tipping if he is admitting to paying $300 a player it is double that ( at the very least).

Yep agree, it's totally fabricated. $200-300 per year won't get a player to move clubs. Think you will find its $200-300 per u/19s game they are paying them. That's not good for our local footy IMO. The young kid from Hillside Rusi played a few senior games with Hillside last year. His a big kid, but very raw.
I'm interested to hear the views of BF readers to this..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back