Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points system will not work at all. Those clubs that are cashed up will work around it.

Is there a points cap on reserves as well as seniors? (doubt it).

What is stopping a club.... lets say Deer park as an example;);) going out right now and grabbing the 10 best U18 players in the Western Region and Offer them $500 a game to play reserves for the next 2 seasons? Does not affect their current list and from how I understand the points system in 3 years when they are actually ready for senior footy they will only be worth 1 point.

3 points – Senior community player: played the same or more senior than reserves games in any of the previous 3 season.

Transferred junior: player recruited from an under-19s or younger competition and does not meet the home club definition.

Deduct 1 point - For each season of service to the club (minimum 5 senior or reserves games per season)

Are you saying that the Federal League was a suburban super league? I hope not. The FFL was a south eastern suburban comp where from all reports you needed to be a handy boxer to survive.

I remember watching the Federal League when I was about 12 years old.....still gives me chills thinking about it.
It was literally like watching a street fight. Thinking back, I'm surprised no-one was killed.

Points system will not work at all. Those clubs that are cashed up will work around it.

Is there a points cap on reserves as well as seniors? (doubt it).

What is stopping a club.... lets say Deer park as an example;);) going out right now and grabbing the 10 best U18 players in the Western Region and Offer them $500 a game to play reserves for the next 2 seasons? Does not affect their current list and from how I understand the points system in 3 years when they are actually ready for senior footy they will only be worth 1 point.

3 points – Senior community player: played the same or more senior than reserves games in any of the previous 3 season.

Transferred junior: player recruited from an under-19s or younger competition and does not meet the home club definition.

Deduct 1 point - For each season of service to the club (minimum 5 senior or reserves games per season)
Footy clubs leak like sieve. Won't take long for other sides in WRFL and other comps to find out what's happening and then BANG, out come the brown paper bags and the promise of senior footy. The young blokes will lap it up.
A couple of Deer Park people are talking about a busines plan and the best committee of all local comps in Australia. Oh well, guess everyone is playing for second.

I remember watching the Federal League when I was about 12 years old.....still gives me chills thinking about it.
It was literally like watching a street fight. Thinking back, I'm surprised no-one was killed.

Some of those clubs like Clayton & Oakleigh Districts in that league back in that era would make some of the kids running around playing suburban senior footy today on over inflated coin literally piss their pants.

The Federal League folded and those clubs along with Noble Park, Highett and a couple of others went and joined South Districts in the South East Suburban League / Southern League where the physical festivities continued. No place for the faint hearted but all the same a very strong comp back then in comparison to SFL Today.

Last edited:
King hits and bashings behind play were not and are not "tough". (I played in the 60's, 70's & 80"s).

Agree whole heartedly and that era did have a fair bit of it go on but just the pure physicality of the contest would have some of these kids today petrified. Suburban Football these days sees a lot of gifted athletic kids running around opposed to each other which is No fault of their own as the game is structured that way where back in those days you run out and lined up on a bloke and he was a fully developed man who would ensure you earned every cent of the miserly sum that most blokes put back over the bar on a Saturday night. Probably have my dinosaur hat on here and am sorry but imo some of these kids today are on over inflated coin running around as big fish in a small pond and from a physical aspect in todays footy compared to yesteryear they are terribly soft. Btw if you played in the 60's 70's & 80's you make Boomer & Fletch look like Novices.:D

The points system will do that, but I am less convinced about the salary cap because there are so many ways around it (e.g. sponsor directly paying excess over the officially documented figure, understating gate receipts in your financials with the difference finding its way to the gun player(s) - untraceable - and the old Melbourne Storm 'two books' policy).
Not sure how accurate but I was told that in this year's GF, Deer Park would have been at 52 points. Think the league has set it at 50.

Albion loading up to come second or avoid relegation??
Stephens brothers back (overrated soft pricks)
And Kelm The ruckman
Interesting times

James Stephens retired mate. It's possible Sam could be heading back there.

Klem is a gun ruck and equal to any going around..

Help!! Word on the street is Patrick Veszpremi isn't resigning to Pacco, anyone have his details we would love to have a chat with him

Help!! Word on the street is Patrick Veszpremi isn't resigning to Pacco, anyone have his details we would love to have a chat with him

Waste of time. Already signed at Deer Park. Also heard that DP have put a massive offer to B Lake. Would be a real kick in the guts to Caroline Springs if they snatched him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of time. Already signed at Deer Park. Also heard that DP have put a massive offer to B Lake. Would be a real kick in the guts to Caroline Springs if they snatched him.

Good rumours as Deer Park is associated with every player.

Lake will not play at Deer Park mate. When he decides to end his AFL career it's Caroline Springs mate. His not interested in money alone. His got kids playing there and lives close to the ground.

Good rumours as Deer Park is associated with every player.

Lake will not play at Deer Park mate. When he decides to end his AFL career it's Caroline Springs mate. His not interested in money alone. His got kids playing there and lives close to the ground.
Are you a copper in real life? You seem to know everyone is going and where they reside have you spoken with him to say those comments I doubt it get back to pacco and fix there problems

so the big man on the move again?

Hey mate, hearing he is. Guessing Strathmore might have Tagliabue in 2016 with McIntosh the back up. They can't afford to be top heavy as think they need some leg speed. What's your view? Or should we keep this for the EDFL thread mate..

Expect another big announcement soon (possibly after the AFL fixture released when it is clear how many games he will be available for)... Daniel Cross to Deer Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back