Opinion What 2014 game have you re-watched the most this off season?

Most re-watched game of 2014?

• Round 4 - Brisbane @ AO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 5 - WCE @ Subiaco

• Round 8 - Fremantle @ AO

• Round 14 - Footscray @ AO

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

That 1st quarter. I still jump up off my seat for that Jakey goal.
Yep, when I have a sneaky five minutes while drinking my coffee before leaving for work, I often rewind/fast-forward to that five minute passage from our 5th (Polec) to 7th (Neade) goals in that first quarter. Great way to start the day.

I also re-watch the two bits of Hartlett play in the second quarter a fair bit. That snap kick to Wingard after fending off the opponent was every bit as good as the hit he took from Morris.

The triple W treat of Wines White and Wingard goals against Freo in the last quarter are breathtaking.

The triple W treat of Wines White and Wingard goals against Freo in the last quarter are breathtaking.

1st bounce, start of the 3rd quarter. Ollie v Fyfe.

You can tell a lot about a person from his record collection my friend. And I don't include CD's in that, just vinyl. CD's are too throwaway. I've been known to abstain from engaging in conversation with people after thumbing through their record collections at parties. Records are more of a lifelong catalogue, like a photo album.
I can probably download and print a jpeg for every album I have in my digital library for you to 'thumb through', you old geezer. #genY

Courtesy of Foxtel I've watched some or all of most of our winning games. I *^&% missed recording the Richmond final last time the games cycled through and am hanging out to watch it when it comes up next week.
Since the end of the season I haven't watched any one game more than once however I have retained the Brisbane game to rewatch.
I find something good in each I watch but annoyingly I find something to be dissatisfied about with each. I commented elsewhere on my love for R1 v Carlton. R2 v Adelaide ticks pretty well every box of watchability and importance. The Brisbane game has us showing off all our party tricks but importantly NTUA is starting to become a spontaneous thing and the crowd is huge for a game that would not have cracked 20,000 a few years ago.

1st bounce, start of the 3rd quarter. Ollie v Fyfe.

Seeing it live was something else. The way Ollie and Nat were going at each other before the bounce caught my attention and then it seemed to unfold in slow motion. Pure beast mode. Marshawn Lynch ain't got nothin on our Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched all the wins several times now. Just starting on the losses. Watched the Showdown loss today. Still at a bit of a loss to know how we actually lost that one except to say we seemed to just run out of steam. I know Jackson went off at half time but we got spanked in the middle in the second half. And to be fair the Crows are a good side, and with Walsh in charge they should improve next year.

Sydney Round 20 was on Fox Footy this morning. Watched the last quarter just then, we actually played very well that night. Effort and structure was there and they got a couple of cheap goals towards the end. And then there was Franklin's push in the back on Hombsch...

I havent watched much games...just pieces of play

Jake neades big bump on Dmart...
Then his goal from outside 50 just after that

I would have watched that s**t about 1000 times...

Love little jakey

Last edited:
The first quarter of the EF against Richmond was just awesome and I never tire of watching it. Without doubt the best quarter I have seen Port play in the AFL. (last quarter of the 2004 Grand final excepted). We just out ran and out muscled Richmond. Oh, and we kicked straight for a change!

Before the game I was a bit concerned at the large Richmond fan base that turned up but that first quarter took any Richmond crowd factor out of the game.

Just finished watching the dominant parts of rd 1 vs Melbourne 2013 (thanks to Smithy), what struck me was how good Wines was in his first game (he was just as good in that game as he was against Fremantle in the semi final this year). He reminded me of when Wayne Rooney scored that wonder goal for Everton as a 16 yr old, you just know someone is going to be special when they are so good so young in their first hit out.

Also in the voting of which game has been watched the most I'm surprised Carlton of rd 1 isn't there because until the EF first quarter that last quarter annihilation when we were expected to lose and Polec went nuts had been my most watched all year. My favorite part was with about a minute to go and the camera goes onto Hinkley and he is grinning and when he realizes the camera is on him he puts his hand over his mouth and takes a deep breathe to calm himself down. I Lolz'd.

Other favorite parts were the last 40 mins of the first showdown (13 goals in 40 mins), the last quarter against Freo at AO, loved how the commentators couldn't believe we could dominate them and Sandilands without a ruckman. Also Wingard "selling candy" to Hawthorn's defence was especially humorous and I have the 2013 EF against Collingwood on the hard drive and the last 10 mins always gets a good work out just to see Eddies red face.:D

Back