Autopsy What did you learn from the NAB Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said they are unbeatable

I hear you - but I just want to see our guys take it to Hawthorn once and for all.
GF is ancient history.
One-off.
Still think we were The best team last year and listened to our own press.
Thanks to the GF, Eddie, Gillon - the boys and the club are getting ugly. Victim status.
Even seeing Jetta getting shirty was sight to behold.

This will be a great year.

I also learnt that since the GF loss, this board is 95% negative Nelly's and the media who thought we were unbeatable going into the GF have been very quick to jump off the bandwagon after one game.

I also thoroughly enjoy bungee's posts.
Obviously a discerning individual. Good taste, sophistication and a certain 'Je ne sais quoi'

Only watched the 1st quarter of the GWS match so far (my son likes to watch it with me and he's a busy boy) so my impressions may change (before anyone decides to take me out off play). Shaw hit a couple of pinpoint inside 50s, Bird lightning quick handballs in traffic, Goodes on fire. Jetta taking it to the man (love it). Rampe is still solid but overrated sometimes. He's not yet in Teddy/Grundy's league. Loved the intensity we came out with that would/should have seen us take a commanding lead into the first quarter except for the soft 50 (was it even there ?) and the free given the wrong way (4 umpires = 33% more idiocy). I don't get the Reid bashing either. Sammy is learning to play the tall defender role, fair enough, he needs to do better in the body on body stuff but he still finds space and gives us an out on the rebound. Patience my friends, patience.

The GWS game without a forward line was a good indication of where we're at. Hopefully less reliance on Franklin. Good to see Rohan pushing forward and Jetta playing on a wing.

Only watched the 1st quarter of the GWS match so far (my son likes to watch it with me and he's a busy boy) so my impressions may change (before anyone decides to take me out off play). Shaw hit a couple of pinpoint inside 50s, Bird lightning quick handballs in traffic, Goodes on fire. Jetta taking it to the man (love it). Rampe is still solid but overrated sometimes. He's not yet in Teddy/Grundy's league. Loved the intensity we came out with that would/should have seen us take a commanding lead into the first quarter except for the soft 50 (was it even there ?) and the free given the wrong way (4 umpires = 33% more idiocy). I don't get the Reid bashing either. Sammy is learning to play the tall defender role, fair enough, he needs to do better in the body on body stuff but he still finds space and gives us an out on the rebound. Patience my friends, patience.

The GWS game without a forward line was a good indication of where we're at. Hopefully less reliance on Franklin. Good to see Rohan pushing forward and Jetta playing on a wing.

Do you feel we don't create enough opportunities for our dominance? like in the Freo game we dominated in the middle and just hanged on in the end.

I hear you - but I just want to see our guys take it to Hawthorn once and for all.
GF is ancient history.
One-off.
Still think we were The best team last year and listened to our own press.
Thanks to the GF, Eddie, Gillon - the boys and the club are getting ugly. Victim status.
Even seeing Jetta getting shirty was sight to behold.

This will be a great year.

I don't think such a thing exists mate the rest of your post is pretty spot on tho

Do you feel we don't create enough opportunities for our dominance? like in the Freo game we dominated in the middle and just hanged on in the end.

Just my opinion but if you want to beat hawthorn you need to win the clearances, i havent checked the stats but if they werent number 1 in the league last year for clearances i will eat my hat.

If you dont they just keep the ball going into the backline where we are undersized

Having said that we have the skill to stem that tide, hopefully we have made some adjustments and are ready

Thats why im keen to get mitchell in to help kennedy at the bounces

Develop naismith quick or get decent ruck time into tippett will help

Port are another good clearance side

I imagine the team that wins clearances wins more games than they lose and we struggled at times there

We miss mumford we used to be way better

Just my opinion but if you want to beat hawthorn you need to win the clearances, i havent checked the stats but if they werent number 1 in the league last year for clearances i will eat my hat.

If you dont they just keep the ball going into the backline where we are undersized

Having said that we have the skill to stem that tide, hopefully we have made some adjustments and are ready

Thats why im keen to get mitchell in to help kennedy at the bounces

Develop naismith quick or get decent ruck time into tippett will help

Port are another good clearance side

I imagine the team that wins clearances wins more games than they lose and we struggled at times there

We miss mumford we used to be way better

Hawthorn after 2012 recruited specifically to beat us the way they matchup on us is scary.

Yup expose ted and reg one out

Keep the ball out of malceskis hand (this is easier now)

Dont let guys like rampe third up

Let shaw run and carry and kick it because he will butcher

Pressure young guys like rohan etc down back and beat them up

Smith may stop rioli but it wont matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can beat the pricks dont worry
We need as few injuries as possible, their depth outside the best 22 is better on all lines.

I'd love to have O'Rourke, Hartung, Spangher and Ceglar instead of Robinson, Towers, Richards and Naismith - and so would you.

We need as few injuries as possible, their depth outside the best 22 is better on all lines.

I'd love to have O'Rourke, Hartung, Spangher and Ceglar instead of Robinson, Towers, Richards and Naismith - and so would you.

Id swap the 4 of ours for orourke

We do have a lot of faith in the medical team To put it kindly

I think he could be a real good player

Spangher is ok Better than reid right now on cost for performance basis

I dont mind naismith though so disagree there

Robinson didnt impress me at all

I just saw o rourke and didnt notice towers i actually have higher hopes for him now

But you watch O rourke

Is there really much difference?
Spangher is a proven AFL player who was very strong in the Grand Final. Richards has 1 quarter at AFL level and has shown little.
Ceglar is a proven AFL player who has beaten quality rucks including Zac Smith. Naismith is extremely inexperienced.
Hartung had more disposals (26) and impact on his debut than Towers in any match.

I'd say there is a difference, yes.

Spangher is a proven AFL player who was very strong in the Grand Final. Richards has 1 quarter at AFL level and has shown little.
Ceglar is a proven AFL player who has beaten quality rucks including Zac Smith. Naismith is extremely inexperienced.
Hartung had more disposals (26) and impact on his debut than Towers in any match.

I'd say there is a difference, yes.

Yer but is that gonna be the difference the next time we meet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back