Prediction What do you want to see/looking forward to in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

- Better % with shots on goal
- Moore and Scharenberg with a full preseason
- Pendlebury uninjured.
- Elliott Smiling
- Treloar
And some more but I want to wait until trade week confirms my hopes :)
This yes!

Strong first half, of the season, stronger second half, of the season.
Carlton still in the mire; Hawthorn dropping away; us beating up on sides (bigger wins).

Me typing with less errors - self improvement is a good think i thing

Ok obviously we all want to see a Premiership. But what are you most looking forward to?

The future.

It will be full of twists and turns. There might be false starts. There might be setbacks. There might be bitter failure. But it might just be glorious - and that's what makes it all worthwhile.

I'm rambling now....

No, not at all.

It's refreshing that this is not another one of those dastardly "Bring back some trinket from our past" threads :rolleyes:

The future in general but why do most weekends look or feel like this?

image.jpg

This time last year this kid struggled to get a game with Brisbane :oops: ...

141013_crisp300.jpg

... He was on nobody's radar re: Collingwood. A few weeks later he would be the steak knives in a deal that involved our club's capitulation with trading out one of our favourite sons.

I remember THATSGOLD (and others) going totally postal over wasting a list spot on this spud.

Nek minit - he's a beast in the midfield. Even got Brownlow votes. It'd take a foolish imbecile to tip him out of our Copeland top 10 this year.

Jack Crisp is part of Collingwood's bright future ...

... Just like one or two other fringe players who are currently sitting on another team's list today.

0t21msjyc48gb102lwcv_400x400.jpeg

#newheros

Last edited:
This time last year this bloke was an inconsistent hack who went around for Geelong ...

VARCOE%20Travis.png

... and somehow he will end up on our list as the booby prize in trading out Harry Heritier who was starting to get a bit too precious. Mitch Clark was who we really wanted. Oh god, how we wanted Mitch! Quenten Lynch was was going to be our forward line saviour after Dawes spudded it up. White was going to be our forward line saviour after Lynch spudded it up. Mitch Clark was going to be ... you know where this is going.

Mitch Clark wasn't to be ... and we end up with friggen Travis Varcoe instead :rolleyes: Didn't he only have one decent game in his career up until that point? The 2011 Granny against us? :mad:

Nek minit ... We find ourselves with a silky user of the ball, a tackling terrier. An absolutely cracking player! Top 10 Copeland easily. Clear winner in the Varcoe / Clarke / Lumumba threesome.

Varcoe is a mature head, but still only 27 years old. He's going to be a part of our exciting future!

There is probably some other old hacks sitting on other lists right now - who we can pick up real cheap - and who will become exciting players for Collingwood ...

687474703a2f2f7777772e6163696a6f7264616e2e636f6d2f75706c6f61642f696d616765732f756e6b6e6f776e5f706572736f6e322e706e67

#newheros

Last edited:
This time two years ago this kid had lucked out on the 2012 draft already, and would become the fourth last player picked up in the 2013 draft. Expectations were zero.

Tom-Langdon1-187x300.jpg

Nek minit ... The kid debuts first game of the season, and who could ever forget him calmly turning Hayden Ballantyne inside out :eek: ...

478610691-tom-langdon-of-the-magpies-runs-with-the-gettyimages.jpg

Tom Langdon is part of our exciting future ...

... Just like some other cracking kid out there who has probably long dropped off the end of every draft watcher's power ranking.

add50d09e8292e6f95fc445a75823fd6.jpeg

#newheros

Last edited:
Love your work 76

I want to see better foot skills and skills in general
I want Reid fit for the season and teaming with Trav and Darcy
I want Frost to continue to develop. Still under 50 games and has been handed big jobs from the get go think he can surprise a few by continuing to develop and forming a strong combination with Brown.
Marley pushing for an AA spot as a small defender as his disposal skills continue to grow.
I want the midfield to ramp up with Pendles, Swann, Sidey, Adams and Treloar leading the charge.
I want Aish
I want Varcoe to continue his metamorphosis into a tackling pressuring half back who then burns the opposition with his skills
I want finals and Bucks to become the successful coach and ultimately flag winner

This time last year this kid struggled to get a game with Brisbane :oops: ...

141013_crisp300.jpg

... He was on nobodies radar re: Collingwood. A few weeks on he would be up being the steak knives in a deal that saw the capitulation of our club in trading out one of our favourite sons.

I remember THATSGOLD (and others) going totally postal over wasting a list spot on this spud.

Nek minit - he's a beast in the midfield. Even got Brownlow votes. It'd take a foolish imbecile to tip him to be in our Copeland top 10 this year.

Jack Crisp is part of Collingwood's bright future ...

... Just like one or two other fringe players who are currently sitting on another team's list today.

0t21msjyc48gb102lwcv_400x400.jpeg

#newheros
He played the last 6 games with Brisbane. He's still not in the best 150 players in the comp and wouldn't get a game with Hawthorn but it depends how you rate happiness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to

- not having major Collingwood off season issues involving gambling, drugs or assault.
- not having the players and club getting ahead of themselves by talking premierships like they have the last couple of years mid season
- hopefully they can transistition from back to forward easier
- Jessie white not getting a game
- Cloke finally proving to people why he should be the highest paid player in the team
- better clearances in the midfield thanks to Treloar.
- speaking of which, getting a gun recruit from anothrr club and not having him break a leg!
- and most important, and improvement over last year with no routine midyear collapse

This time four years ago this kid was busy nailing fence posts in Albany ...

111213_marleyRunning(246)a.jpg

... Many probably don't even recognise him. Got picked up #35 in the 2011 rookie draft. Like all rookies, he was a lottery ticket.

Today he is a 57 game player and a mainstay in our backline.

Marley Williams is a part of our exciting future ... Just like some other kid out there who is yet to play a game for us.

If anybody can photoshop me a silhouette of Brenden Abbott's head with a question mark over it, that'd be dandy. Until then, this one will have to do :)

unknown-person.jpg

#newheros

Last edited:
I'd like to see more and more and more of Jordan De Goey. I miss him already.

I'm looking forward to seeing - what was his name - Brenden Abbott? I think he was vastly underrated on this board in 2015. No-one had a good word to say about him, he barely rated a mention all year. Talk about going under the radar, the 'forgotten man'. I think he will have a higher profile in 2016. Someone might even come up with a catchy nickname for him, something understated, like 'The Big Show'.

Edit: snap! just saw that 76 beat me to the TBS reference!

He played the last 6 games with Brisbane.

He did, yes.

He's still not in the best 150 players in the comp ...

Oh c'mon, he's ranked 170, top quarter of the comp. He'd easily get a game in most midfields. Of course he doesn't replace Beams (yet) but he wasn't expected to.

... and wouldn't get a game with Hawthorn ...

Of course not, he's on Collingwood's list! :p

... but it depends how you rate happiness.

They're a happy team at Hawthorn.

Conversion of Inside 50s - forward line functioning better & those kicking into the 50 being smarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back