What is the best Tiges game in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I've ranked the whole season in terms of enjoyment:

1. Fremantle (round 10) - Blowing away the unbeaten ladder leaders on their home deck? Just jizz worthy. That first quarter was simply unbelievable. Too bad the media just wanted to wank over Fyfe.
Just on this Ling was terrible all year commenting on our games,

Freo game he was " fyfe this fyfe that, oh dennis what a pleasure it is to be here " pass me a tissue dennis i have made a mess.

Hawks game he was " tiges better be careful because hawks this, hawks that "

Swans game made me believe a bit.

We never win those games, you just watch them hoping for a miracle when it's half way done and we're struggling. Well our skipper stood up and turned the match, complimented by elite performances from our star forward and star full back. It was a very unique game.

Freo game was a bit surreal tbh, but we've jumped sides before and held them off, so that's why I had the Swans game on top.

Melbourne was much worse for mine because we are playing terrible football at the time, and I really was worried we'd finish bottom four and we looking at another rebuild. The Fremantle game was a massive punch in the guts all the same, but at least there were positives to take from it.

I was angry at the insipid performance we put on against Melbourne. Not surprised though because we had already done this with the Hafey tribute game.

I was completely sapped with the Freo game though. It was the first time I've been to the footy when we were clearly the best side on the day and still lost. That was just gut wrenching and a totally numb feeling leaving the ground.

The Freo and Swans wins were the most enjoyable. The Hawks win was probably more worthy, but it was basically a grind to watch.

The GWS game (looking back) was hilarious - I took a Sydney mate who hates AFL with a passion (he and I do the NRL vs AFL thing all the time) - it was bloody freezing, shocking game, there was a grand total of 2 entertaining players worth watching (Riewoldt and Cameron), my mate was preventing me from jumping off the grandstand most of the game, and even the comeback just felt like 'well, about time we pulled our figure out'.

I had to go to a Storm game with him after that - and it was entertaining, close, lots of atmosphere - everything the GWS game wasn't.

I've ranked the whole season in terms of enjoyment:

1. Fremantle (round 10) - Blowing away the unbeaten ladder leaders on their home deck? Just jizz worthy. That first quarter was simply unbelievable. Too bad the media just wanted to wank over Fyfe.
2. Hawthorn (round 18) - Lids torched them early, they steadied and looked like overunning us, then we overpowered them. Hawks fans sooking about heavy training loads etc made it even sweeter. They really are our bitches.
3. Sydney (round 13) - Seeing Buddy mentally annihilated like that by Rance was just beautiful, especially after him and Goodes were trying to get stuck in early.
4. Collingwood (round 21) - They think they're even with us lol. The stampede in the last quarter was so brilliant I actually burst out laughing at one point. Just ridiculous. Made even sweeter by the Pies fans claiming they didn't want Vickery when he was linked to them earlier in the year. It was the Tyrone show that day.
5. Collingwood (round 7) - Such an up and down game. That was the turning point for us.
6. Port Adelaide (round 8) - To control the game so easily after shitting the bed in out last trip there was very satisfying. Port kicked more goals in 15 minutes in the 2014 EF than they did in that entire match.
7. Carlton (round 1) - Controlled the game after a slow start. First round 1 where I haven't been shitting myself about a comeback. K.Mac was sensational.
8. GWS (round 14) - The game was ordinary but the final quarter showed a resilience we hadn't seen in a while.
9. Gold Coast (round 20) - Pretty cruisey game really.
10. Brisbane (round 3) - Struggled to put them away in the first half. Wasn't much comfort after losing the previous week.
11. Essendon (round 9) - Finally won the dreamtime game again. Didn't actually watch but it looked close.
12. St Kilda (round 16) - Fairly comfortable game ruined by a final quarter fade out. Took a lot of the gloss off.
13. Essendon (round 22) - Did them easily. Low scoring and not many highlights.
14. Carlton (round 15) - We were s**t that night. Only won because they were something worse than s**t - they were Carlton.
15. Norf (round 23) - Struggled to beat a VFL team. Meant nothing.

16. Fremantle (round 17) - Sucked to go down like that but we played well that day. Should've won.
17. Norf (EF) - Yes we lost a final and there were some shitful individual performaces, but that was the closely we've been to North in a long time. Just weren't quite strong enough in the end.
18. Geelong (round 5) - Never in the game but came back alright.
19. Bulldogs (round 2) - Never really got into the game. Not as bad in hindsight as it was at the time.
20. Norf (round 6) - Blown away in the 3rd. Again.
21. West Coast (round 12) - Disgusting game. Not sure how we got as close as we did.
22. Melbourne (round 4) - Felt like vomiting after that. Disgusting.
23. Adelaide (round 19) - Can't believe the final margin was only 36. Even Rance was off that night.
I agree with this list for the most part. I don't think I'd rank Carlton Round 1 that high, because they were leading at the beginning and I thought there was a good chance we'd lose that game.

Adelaide was definitely the worst loss IMO. I don't know how we left it at 36 points. To even say it felt like a 60 point loss is an understatement - felt like 100+! Gotta be in the top 3 worst losses in terms of competitiveness in the last 4 years. Then again, we WERE rumoured to be suffering from a flu that game...

Swans at sgc; i was there in full colours with my swan friends and loved every moment from half time on. Singing the club song at the end with the other tigers while the blood supporters slank off was gold. They had no comprehension that they would loose that one which made it so much sweeter

Swans at sgc; i was there in full colours with my swan friends and loved every moment from half time on. Singing the club song at the end with the other tigers while the blood supporters slank off was gold. They had no comprehension that they would loose that one which made it so much sweeter
blood supporters give us a spell

Has to be against the Hawks, after all they won the flag easily.

For me as well...Mainly because I was there and yeh,...................... I was there.....A Carlton supporting mate of my sweetheart also came with us 2 days after heart surgery with her dad. It was a good night & relief that her surgery went well too....

Not from an importance point of view but as far as pure enjoyment goes smashing the Pies by 15 goals was magnificent. Sat at the city end that day and witnessed the largest gathering of inbred ferals ever seen in one spot. To see them pouring out at the 15 minute mark of the last quater was priceless.
Not to forget some amazing footy played by the boys on the day

Was sitting up the back of the GSS for that with a family of Pies supporters behind me trying to give me s**t for being loud and somewhat obnoxious (including the sh*ttest rendition of "Dustin Martin You Are the Love of My Life" you will ever hear). God was it amazing when they left midway through the 4th.

Was sitting up the back of the GSS for that with a family of Pies supporters behind me trying to give me s**t for being loud and somewhat obnoxious (including the sh*ttest rendition of "Dustin Martin You Are the Love of My Life" you will ever hear). God was it amazing when they left midway through the 4th.
hope there's be many more like it speedie, nothing better than pumpin the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back