MMA-UFC What would you like the UFC 200 card to be like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of fun in anticipation for the UFC 200 card.

I'm sure the two main event results today have had some sort of bearing on the fights for UFC 200.

Being the most realistic you can, if you were given the privilege of matchmaking and setting up fights for the card, how would you make the whole card (prelims included) for UFC 200?

Conor v Aldo
GSP v. ? Lawler
Rhonda v Tate
Jones(depends on result) v rumble( enough time?)
Velasquez v werdum?
Bj penn ? V RDA

Last edited:

Conor v Aldo
GSP v. ? Lawler
Rhonda v Tate
Jones(depends on result) v rumble( enough time?)
Velasquez v werdum?
Bj penn ? V RDA
This looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing Stephen Thompson thrown in there somewhere too.

Would love to see Jones, McGregor and Lawler all on this card. Throw in a Rousey vs Holm rematch with the winner going for the title and it'd be a massive card.

Just looked at UFC 100 to give me an idea of what to expect. Here was the card for those who haven't seen it/don't remember it:

Main Card
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Frank Mir (ic)
Georges St-Pierre (c) vs Thiago Alves
Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping
Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card
Mark Coleman vs Stephan Bonnar
Jon Jones vs Jake O'Brien
Jim Miller vs Mac Danzig
Dong Hyun Kim vs TJ Grant
Tom Lawlor vs CB Dollaway
Shannon Gugerty vs Matt Grice

The two biggest draws in the sport headlining doesn't appear possible this time around with Ronda likely not being available to fight until around October according to Dana. I doubt we'll see Meisha defend her crown prior to fighting her again, so I'd scrap them from the equation. Conor being the other big draw will likely fill the headline slot with Lawler (who it appears was being saved for this slot against Conor) to fill the co-main. To alleviate any injury concerns, I'd make sure both fights have back up plans in place. RDA could also be a possiblility for this card and a title triple header would ensure huge numbers and would be about the only way they could one up 100. With that said, I would hope for a main card similar to this:

Main Card

Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar - Can really only be Edgar or Aldo here. I went with Frankie due to it being a fresh match up (and my raging man crush on him).

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit - The first fight was a cracker with a debatable decision. Condit teased a big announcement coming about a week back, so it could be this news.

Rafael dos Anjos vs Ferguson/Nurmagomedov winner - The winner of this fight is surely the #1 contender and either creates a fresh new match up for the champ or a chance at revenge over the last guy to beat him.

Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway - Back up plan in case either main event fighter falls out, also a ridiculously good stylistic fight.

Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne - Cain needs a fight prior to getting back in there with Werdum and Browne is the top heavyweight available without a fight currently.

Prelims are a lot harder to predict and looking at what I've put down, I'd happliy buy this card on PPV. No chance it will be this strong, but I'd love to see something similar to:

Prelims

TJ Dillashaw vs Aljamain Sterling - With TJ being overlooked for a rematch with Cruz, it makes sense to put him in a big spot with title implications next. Aljo has been flawless so far in the UFC and after re-upping with the promotion recently I would expect a big fight in his near future.

Tyron Woodley vs Lombard/Magny Winner - Tyron gets overlooked for a title shot again, but will be first choice as back up if either guy falls out of the co-main.

John Dodson vs Jon Lineker - Two of the hardest hitting little men in the game... you know this one would be fireworks!

Cat Zingano vs Holly Holm - If Ronda is out until October, it gives Holly time to get another fight in prior to potentially challenging for the title again. Zingano should be back by then and is an obvious opponent.

Brian Ortega vs Charles Oliveira - Two of the most creative and dangerous BJJ players at 145 head to head. Should have several great grappling exchanges.

Just looked at UFC 100 to give me an idea of what to expect. Here was the card for those who haven't seen it/don't remember it:

Main Card

Preliminary Card
Jim Miller vs Mac Danzig

The two biggest draws in the sport headlining doesn't appear possible this time around with Ronda likely not being available to fight until around October according to Dana. I doubt we'll see Meisha defend her crown prior to fighting her again, so I'd scrap them from the equation. Conor being the other big draw will likely fill the headline slot with Lawler (who it appears was being saved for this slot against Conor) to fill the co-main. To alleviate any injury concerns, I'd make sure both fights have back up plans in place. RDA could also be a possiblility for this card and a title triple header would ensure huge numbers and would be about the only way they could one up 100. With that said, I would hope for a main card similar to this:

Main Card

Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar - Can really only be Edgar or Aldo here. I went with Frankie due to it being a fresh match up (and my raging man crush on him).

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit - The first fight was a cracker with a debatable decision. Condit teased a big announcement coming about a week back, so it could be this news.

Rafael dos Anjos vs Ferguson/Nurmagomedov winner - The winner of this fight is surely the #1 contender and either creates a fresh new match up for the champ or a chance at revenge over the last guy to beat him.

Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway - Back up plan in case either main event fighter falls out, also a ridiculously good stylistic fight.

Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne - Cain needs a fight prior to getting back in there with Werdum and Browne is the top heavyweight available without a fight currently.

Prelims are a lot harder to predict and looking at what I've put down, I'd happliy buy this card on PPV. No chance it will be this strong, but I'd love to see something similar to:

Prelims

TJ Dillashaw vs Aljamain Sterling - With TJ being overlooked for a rematch with Cruz, it makes sense to put him in a big spot with title implications next. Aljo has been flawless so far in the UFC and after re-upping with the promotion recently I would expect a big fight in his near future.

Tyron Woodley vs Lombard/Magny Winner - Tyron gets overlooked for a title shot again, but will be first choice as back up if either guy falls out of the co-main.

John Dodson vs Jon Lineker - Two of the hardest hitting little men in the game... you know this one would be fireworks!

Cat Zingano vs Holly Holm - If Ronda is out until October, it gives Holly time to get another fight in prior to potentially challenging for the title again. Zingano should be back by then and is an obvious opponent.

Brian Ortega vs Charles Oliveira - Two of the most creative and dangerous BJJ players at 145 head to head. Should have several great grappling exchanges.
SOLD!!!

Please get this locked in ASAP!

McGregor/Edgar and McGregor/Aldo are both great options. I don't really mind either way. Although I'd like to see Aldo get an easier fight coming off the loss, but the UFC doesn't really do that, which has its positives and negatives.

Anderson Silva vs GSP sounds good to me. We just saw Silva fight and he's not who he once was. Who knows what GSP will look like if he makes a return. I really don't want to see Silva fight a heavy hitter because I think he'd get knocked out. GSP's not that and if Anderson were to get finished by GSP we'd know he's really done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main Card

Preliminary Card
Jim Miller vs Mac Danzig

Main Card

Prelims

I really like these fights. Only thing is the 3 title fights because I think Dana White said they'd never do that again. I wouldn't mind having 3 on a card, but the possibility of them all going to decision could stop the UFC from even contemplating it.

I really like these fights. Only thing is the 3 title fights because I think Dana White said they'd never do that again. I wouldn't mind having 3 on a card, but the possibility of them all going to decision could stop the UFC from even contemplating it.

Maybe we'll get a third title fight as a way of saying sorry for the CM Punk vs Micky Gall fight not being the co-main event. :p

Should there be top ranked HW fights on this card.

Should just let Hendo and Bisping go at it again

more and more GSP rumors im starting to think he may just return so here is how it goes down.

Connor v Frankie/Aldo
Rhonda v Tate
GSP v any WW wont be a title fight if not he wont be on the card

rest doesnt matter because now with Rhonda or connor on top of bill its going to bust 1 mil PPV buys. look out for names on the under card BJ if he is coming back. maybe bisping v Anderson if they dont go for Hall

more and more GSP rumors im starting to think he may just return so here is how it goes down.

Connor v Frankie/Aldo
Rhonda v Tate
GSP v any WW wont be a title fight if not he wont be on the card

rest doesnt matter because now with Rhonda or connor on top of bill its going to bust 1 mil PPV buys. look out for names on the under card BJ if he is coming back. maybe bisping v Anderson if they dont go for Hall

Ronda's not going to fight until October or November according to Dana, so you can likely cross that fight off the list. Zingano teased a big announcement on social media the other day, so perhaps it'll be her and Meisha at 200?

Brunson vs Mousasi looks like it's going to be part of the card and should be an interesting fight. It's a big step up from who Brunson has been beating lately.

Prelims (not in any order)

Lauzon v Jim Miller
Hendricks v Condit

...thats all I can come up with at the moment

Article on fox sports saying McGregor vs Diaz 2 is gonna happen at 200.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this tbh seems like they're just trying to cash in asap again. Much rather see Conor beat Edgar and prove he's well and truly the best featherweight in the world. Then go back to his 155 plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back