MMA-UFC What would you like the UFC 200 card to be like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Making the McGregor Diaz fight for the biggest card of all time, with no title, the main event is a weird decision. Yeh I know it's the "moneyweight" fight and I'm an unabashed conor fan but it leaves the card hamstrung, want another title fight, bad luck, too many 5 rounders, want GSP coming back, bad luck we got a dude that's never even defended his title in the main event two weight classes removed.

Where to when Conor loses again? His aura of invincibility took a massive hit already, 2 losses to the same guy in a row though?

Edit: If, not when*

Last edited:

Making the McGregor Diaz fight for the biggest card of all time, with no title, the main event is a weird decision. Yeh I know it's the "moneyweight" fight and I'm an unabashed conor fan but it leaves the card hamstrung, want another title fight, bad luck, too many 5 rounders, want GSP coming back, bad luck we got a dude that's never even defended his title in the main event two weight classes removed.
#UFClogic

Must be some serious pressure on Conor now, with his ginormous ego and all!

I mean, could u imagine if he loses again... Will be the biggest joke of all time.

A win, and the Conor train continues.

200 is gonna be a huge event, tho! Spectators from all around the world will be having heart palpitations!

Last edited:
Conor has no chance. He won't be fit enough and his punches aren't strong enough. Diaz will have a full camp and come out and kick his arse.

Diaz submission second round.

FTR I f***ing hate Diaz and love Conor. This fight is stupid though.

Where to when Conor loses again? His aura of invincibility took a massive hit already, 2 losses to the same guy in a row though?

Edit: If, not when*

No longer a fan?

Think it's been mentioned already in another thread but seems the interim title is just to add extra spice to Conor vs winner of Aldo/Edgar for the first MSG event. Although taking the last fight into consideration probably won't be till Conor recovers in 2050...

Don't think anyone get outraged if he dropped it, Aldo V Edgar winner for the actual title and Conor can still trash talk $ till the PPV.

Still a joke though.

Personally think the concept of interim titles is a joke anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think regarding the titles now, it's hard for anyone to take them seriously when clearly some of the fighters and most of the UFC brass don't take them seriously.

If the UFC aren't going to bother treating there titles and title contenders with respect why would the fans or anyone else. As has been mentioned having the featherweight title fight between two guys who aren't the current champ while he fights on the same card two weight classes up makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Whether they stipulate bigger bonuses for champions or something else if they want to regain legitimacy they need to do something to make chasing the title the most important thing for fighters otherwise the UFC is going the way of the WWE (for the record if I was a fighter I would chase the money too, I'm saying the UFC needs to incentivize the title for fighters).

So what's the card going to be - main card?

Diaz vs Mcregor
Aldo vs Edgar
Browne vs Velasquez
???
???

If, sorry, when Jones walks through OSP, JBJ vs DC should become the Main event.

Actually have a title on the line not the intrim joke they are selling.

Add that to Diaz vs Conor it would smash all sorts of records, including the most trash talk ever.

Should but won't I think they got the two headlines fights now unless Connor gets injured then they will be begging for a rousey saviour
If, sorry, when Jones walks through OSP, JBJ vs DC should become the Main event.

Actually have a title on the line not the intrim joke they are selling.

Add that to Diaz vs Conor it would smash all sorts of records, including the most trash talk ever.
houjd

I'm kind of apathetic towards the card now, like, obviously im going to watch and love it because im an MMA tragic but frankly for something they have built up so big it just feels underwhelming.

If they re jigged a few things i would love it but the idea of McGregor v Diaz being the main event when there is probably 2 titles fights on the line just smacks of desperation. I cant put my finger on exactly what my issue is with it but it just doesnt feel right.

Jones did say to DC "see you at 200" on Twitter so hopefully he's really keen on that and surely Dana would try make it happen

Jones did say to DC "see you at 200" on Twitter so hopefully he's really keen on that and surely Dana would try make it happen
if jones doesn't have a tough fight with OSP I can definatly see that happening and it would definatly top off the card and give it a really historic feel.

does this push McGregor v Diaz down to co-main?
defiantly should

if jones doesn't have a tough fight with OSP I can definatly see that happening and it would definatly top off the card and give it a really historic feel.

does this push McGregor v Diaz down to co-main?
defiantly should
Won't goes these days by $ value use to be by weight.

Won't goes these days by $ value use to be by weight.

You are correct but thats just wrong.

The Light Heavyweight title fight between fierce rivals and a man who never lost his title (and is well on his way to becoming the GOAT) is much more compelling and important than a fight between the Featherweight Champion and a ranked Lightweight and Welterweight.

UFC turning into Pro Wrestling fast.

I'd like a Rousey vs Holm or Rousey vs Cyborg (at 140) on this card too. I know that I'm dreaming a little, but the hardcore fans would love it. I'd be happy to see a rematch of Dream 5 of Mark Hunt vs Overeem (or Arlovski if he wins in May) on this card too. with the winner (depending on Rothwell vs JDS fight) getting the next title shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back