Rave Slave

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2004
Your Underwear
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dick Slapperman
Just out of curiosity which club do you think drafted the best in relation to the picks they had. Not so much one of the priority pick sides but a side who used what they had.

I'm pretty rapt with how the old Crow boys went although i worry with only one South Aussie.

I haven't followed the other teams all that much so who did best In your Opinion?

pretty impressed with essendond drafting TBH

14 angus monfries(quality onballer
30 andrew lee, tall hf/hb not 100% on this kid, but who know did show some signs
46 henry slattery, medium minfield/backman
60 paul thomas mid/hb 2004 megary medalist extremely happy with this guy..sawa few of his game this year and def impressed..was on crowd rookie list

RAVE SLAVE..what you know about paul thomas?

im a richmond supporter and support geelong falcons as well and hawthorn took the goods for sure taking roughead lewis and buddy good on em....

wizardofoz18 said:
pretty impressed with essendond drafting TBH

14 angus monfries(quality onballer
30 andrew lee, tall hf/hb not 100% on this kid, but who know did show some signs
46 henry slattery, medium minfield/backman
60 paul thomas mid/hb 2004 megary medalist extremely happy with this guy..sawa few of his game this year and def impressed..was on crowd rookie list

RAVE SLAVE..what you know about paul thomas?

Thommo is a steal IMO mate.

I wanted the crows to grab him but I knew they wouldn't.

Isn't the biggest lad out there on the field but has Top quality vision and almost always hits a man. He had a stellar year for us this year and I think he'll make a handy addition. Frequently picks up 30 Touches a game for us and isn't shy of big occasions winning the medal for BOG in the last 2 ANZAC day matches. I really hope he makes it.

wouldn't be much over 180cm and 75-80 kilos I reckon but don't quote me on that one

Given a) we had poor picks to begin and b) we traded our first pick for Ottens, I reckon we did pretty well. Not the best but I'm pleased with Prismall, Ablett and Egan.

wizardofoz18 said:
i don't think that is true, another stuff up on the side of the afl website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sante2003 said:
Our first two picks must say we did the best :)

But Hawks stil did well but lost out on a superstar
Perhaps because tambling is only 180 cms and 68 kgs while roughead will be a man mountain in 1 year and play next year. As the saying goes a big man is still big at the end of a game, while small men can fade once their worn out.
Still can't believe wood and deluca dropped down the list and was hoping he'd fall to us but rapt with russell,hartlett(tall),bryan(tall) and raso(underage tall).

ok I'm gonna be biased and say the Roos we had really low draft picks and picked up Daniel Pratt (Who has the potential to be a really good player -ex roo) and a couple of others and a long term prospect plus we had Jesse Smith.

Rave Slave said:
Nup it's correct he was on our rookie list ...
i don't see his name listed in the AFL 2004 book under the crows list, nor can i find him anywhere on the crows website, can you find it for me then?

edit: thanks Stiffy_18 for clearing that up, i thought they meant rookie listed in 2004.

Hammerfire said:
Benet Copping was taken so low because he is basically a stick.

For every kilo more of muscle he had we would of gone about 4 picks higher!!

We do tend to go for the lanky ones. He'll fit in well at Freo.

Look at this stage everyone can be optimistic!

We got Egan who if he pulls his finger out could be anything! Thats really his only concern, is that he can be lazy.

Rusling was hidden away nicely by Judkins and Co.

Iacobucci if he can get over his injuries could be a consistent senior player. Everyone forgets the same injury concerns were had for Burnsy.

Good luck to all the young kids!

ThatThis said:
Look at this stage everyone can be optimistic!

We got Egan who if he pulls his finger out could be anything! Thats really his only concern, is that he can be lazy.

Rusling was hidden away nicely by Judkins and Co.

Iacobucci if he can get over his injuries could be a consistent senior player. Everyone forgets the same injury concerns were had for Burnsy.

Good luck to all the young kids!
Judkins has apparently quit due to medical problems. This happened a few weeks ago.

feher said:
i don't see his name listed in the AFL 2004 book under the crows list, nor can i find him anywhere on the crows website, can you find it for me then?

edit: thanks Stiffy_18 for clearing that up, i thought they meant rookie listed in 2004.

He was rookie listed in 2001 but didnt get upgraded at the end of the year. This is the same year we took Carey and upgraded Rutten, Mattner and Bock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back