Which team is closer to a flag: Richmond or North Melbourne?

Which team is closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and that right there sums up Richmond posters on this forum.

You push hard enough and you get the get out clause defence of having more premierships(VFL ones that most of these peanuts havent seen anyways), money, members etc

#scoreboard

You push hard enough and you get the get out clause defence of having more premierships(VFL ones that most of these peanuts havent seen anyways), money, members etc

#scoreboard
You like online debates. How cute.

#scoreboard

So you bring up history, and then whine when I play your game and beat you at it...

Scoreboard? Sure....

15 games won last year, by both clubs, for 0 flags. I'm sure most would back the younger one to improve more than the older in the coming year.

North Melbourne is the closest to a flag, 1999. Seventeen years is as close as any of these two teams are to a flag.

So you bring up history, and then whine when I play your game and beat you at it...
Recent history I bring up is history I witnessed with my own eyes.
Scoreboard? Sure....

15 games won last year, by both clubs, for 0 flags. I'm sure most would back the younger one to improve more than the older in the coming year.

A Richmond poster's logic - Younger>winning finals

The whole...we are younger/we'll improve next year garbage I've been seeing on this forum for years.

Nothing changes.

Recent history I bring up is history I witnessed with my own eyes.

I've seen my club win more flags that you club has won in total...or is your point that history only counts when you want it to?

A Richmond poster's logic - Younger>winning finals

The whole...we are younger/we'll improve next year garbage I've been seeing on this forum for years.

Nothing changes.

Both teams won the same number of games....Which team would you expect to improve more, the older or the younger?

and BTW, we have been improving (almost) every year for quite some time...Remember, we were deemed 'worse than Fitzroy' when Hardwick took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last decade

older than previous year: average improvement +0.79 ladder positions
younger than previous year: average improvement -1.07 ladder positions
older than previous year, previous year avg >26yo: average improvement -1.80 ladder positions

North average last year: 26.74 (third-highest of decade)

North will be fighting against the trend, whether it sticks with the veterans or introduces youth.

Yay!!

Carlton 1999 Premiers!

No, 'The Kangaroos' won in 1999.

Remember how they dropped the whole 'North Melbourne' bit in a failed attempt to ingratiate themselves with whoever they were trying to sell games to at the time and get more fans...

About as successful as the 'white knights' when it comes to solving the basket case that is North's financials , but it still means that 'North Melbourne' last won the flag in 1996.

Remember how they dropped the whole 'North Melbourne' bit in a failed attempt to ingratiate themselves with whoever they were trying to sell games to at the time and get more fans...

About as successful as the 'white knights' when it comes to solving the basket case that is North's financials , but it still means that 'North Melbourne' last won the flag in 1996.

Don't try to back track now......you ****ed up on that.

#putyourhandup

Not exactly sure how this is a troll... since we still won premierships, it would almost be like me arguing that we have more fans than you and trying to defend it

I don't think either side has the core makings of a flag capable side, which would mean regeneration would be the only option.

Considering I have a higher opinion of Norths youngsters, I'll therefore go with North.
Nice try, we're still not letting you back in the sympathy thread.

Regardless of the name, Carlton got 25% of a premiership because that was how much of North Melbourne we owned back then.

Don't try to back track now......you ****ed up on that.

#putyourhandup

I meant exactly what I said.

A club calling itself 'North Melbourne' has won 3 flags, the last being in 1996.

That your club sold out so much that it gave up it's name is clearly one of the many 'inconvenient' parts of your club's history that you'd rather forget, but that doesn't make it untrue.

Laughable that this a debate.

Couldn't get it done against too old, too slow Lol Norf. Now clinging to the misguided hope of
"but but.... just you wait till next time!"

Couldn't beat 8th in a final. Couldn't even beat 9th in a final. Yeah, they're close to a flag.

So basically, you acknowledge that your club has no hope, because rather than telling us how you're going to improve enough to win a flag, your only argument is 'Richmond have lost 3 finals in a row', which has almost no bearing on North being able to win a flag.

How are you going to beat the other 16 teams? How are you going to improve MORE than the clubs in contention?

So basically, you acknowledge that your club has no hope, because rather than telling us how you're going to improve enough to win a flag, your only argument is 'Richmond have lost 3 finals in a row', which has almost no bearing on North being able to win a flag.

How are you going to beat the other 16 teams? How are you going to improve MORE than the clubs in contention?
Do you know what the best thing about being deployed is telsor?

I get to miss most of the absolute shite you post about North Melbourne.

It almost makes being in a third world country bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back