Universal Love Who are you most excited about in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here's my top 5:

1. Butters. Could legit become one of the best players in the competition. Sky is the limit.

2. Georgiades. Will be see him kick 8 goals not on debut? Despite not being the biggest, this guy has all the tools to be a great forward.

3. Jones. The man child. Could be an absolute weapon.

4. Ladhams. He's been a naughty boy but if he maintains professionalism, could easily take the no.1 ruck role.

5. Aliir. Is going to cause headaches for the opposition and should thrive in a dedicated role. Just try and get past him.

Joel Garner. Doubt he'll play AFL since he's got about 45 defenders in front of him, but it will be good to see him at Alberton.

I want to see Sam Hayes as our #1 ruck by the end of the year.
My top 5 wants for 2021:
1. Hayes as our #1 ruck
2. Our KPF's being Dixon, Marshall and a 'resting' Ladhams.
3. Mitch G playing the Ebert role, rather than as a KPF.
4. Aliir having us not so exposed against sides with multiple tall KPF's / resting rucks.
5. More midfield time for Rozee, Butters and Houston at the expense of Rockliff out of the side.

If we end 2021 with the above then we should have finished the H&A top 4 as a minimum and be making the GF.

I want to see Sam Hayes as our #1 ruck by the end of the year.

agree

for me he is our big white hope. Lycett does a decent job but he's a dinosaur type ruckman.

Ladhams offers the mobile ruck role, providing a target upfront when resting and ground work after the ruck tap. A big strong Hayes could be a better partner to Ladhams and a back up in the case of a dixon injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters and Rozee becoming midfielders.
If this happens the sky is the limit.

Aliir will be fun to watch too.
Yep Butters and Rozee for me too.

We need them, along with the likes of Houston and Burton kicking the ball inside 50 a lot to go to the next level.

I'll be excited if we see Jones in the middle looking like he has potential to be a Ricciutto type player.

And Dylan Williams to play a few games when Robbie is rested and showing that he can be his replacement in time.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Dylan Williams

Boys got tricks.

Williams is definitely one to watch and a bit under the radar. I reckon most casual supporters wouldn’t even know who he is and might be in for a pleasant surprise.

A forward line of Dixon with Butters, Williams and Fantasia at his feet could be very interesting even though so many smalls at once makes me want to rage ideologically speaking.

It is almost Xmas and everyone loves new presents. This year we have more than ever before....

1 MG- we have taken off the wrapping paper but we haven't taken this toy out of the box yet.
2 Bergman- selected before MG in 2019 so I assume Parker rated him higher. Can you imagine if he turns out to be better than MG?
3 Williams- what if our 2019 trio end up as exciting as our 2018 trio?
4 Lord- my expectations are lower and I think he will need a couple of years in the SANFL but in the words of "The Animals"

"O.Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

If Parker has jagged a gem with this one, it could be the start of a dynasty.

5. Fantasia- I've been crying out for a true crumbing forward since Wanganeen filled that role in his late career. I am excited to see how he combines with Dixon.

6. Jones- I think I know what we got here but still excited
7. Schofield- once touted as a top draft pick, maybe he has been foxing in the last couple of years
8. Aliir- because when he takes an intercept mark, the call will go out "A Beer, A Beer" and it will be compulsory to drink beer. And I love beer.
9. Butters- is on a steep upward trajectory. Where will it take him?
10. Rozee- in the midfield, this guy could be anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back