Universal Love Who are you most excited about in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Rozee, could still be our best player from that draft which would be huge. Just needs to get that foot right.

1. Houston for mid. Can't wait to see him win his first Brownlow, even when we look back on it in 10 years his first one will always be special.

2. Dylan ******* Williams.

3. Sam Hayes - I'm so bullish on this kid that I'm actually really worried that we give him a debut, he doesn't get consistent games after, and a bunch of other clubs actually see him play and suddenly we have to contend with 5 different offers at the end of the year.

4. Aliir Aliir... really curious to see how he goes. Love the height, love the attitude. It's gonna be an ultra competitive defensive unit but I reckon he'll find a role. In Monty we trust.

5. Bergman - really keen to see him in action as I've seen virtually nothing of him so far.

Where do you start? We have so much young talent coming through. Our list is as strong as it has ever been during the Hinkley era. We have so many players who have shown that they will make the grade at AFL level, and then there are guys like Butters and Rozee who could be legit A grade midfielders in due time.

We are in such a privileged situation to expect significant success next year whilst at the same time being able to enjoy the maturation, growth and development of all our young talent.

I just want to see Boak and Gray with premiership medals around their necks.
Yeah the fact that this time last year this sentence would probably have read "I just want to see Boak, Ebert, Westhoff and Gray with premiership medals around their necks." just shows how short windows of opportunity actually are.

Yeah the fact that this time last year this sentence would probably have read "I just want to see Boak, Ebert, Westhoff and Gray with premiership medals around their necks." just shows how short windows of opportunity actually are.
Spot on - no more honourable finals losses: it's time to reach a grand final.

I could honestly pick a dozen guys here: Hayes, Bergman, Jones, Mead, Georgiades, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Drew, Garner, Pasini.....

but there is one who is head and shoulders the most exciting prospect:

Dylan Williams.

Cannot wait to see him play any sort of footy in 2021.
Will become the best player on our list someday.

Justin Westhoff retired on 280 games with the most games played by a retired PAFC player without a premiership. Travis Boak has played 283 games. Fingers crossed that by the time Travis retires, he's not the new #1 on that list.

Jones has the makings of a real weapon.

But I am still pretty high on Woodcock. I think he has more to show based on his exposed firm for the roosters. A real dick in hand kinda guy.

I'm gonna throw a curveball out there and say Ollie Wines.

After another rough start to a season in 2020 with some injury issues, Ollie stormed home in the second half of the season to finish equal 5th in the best and fairest and showed some of his best form in years. With the co-captains travesty and his injury issues (touchwood) behind him, alongside a fresh long-term contract and renewed confidence in himself, I reckon Ollie can finally take that step up to being one of the premier inside midfielders in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fitter and more midfield dedicated Rozee.

It probably won't be 2021 but I think we could for the first time since '06 S.Burgoyne have a top 3 in the comp kind of player.

Joe Biden

Mature ager, sure, and a bit of a plodder. Now in his second and surely final shot at a senior leadership role, if he can simply be Cam Sutcliffe to Donald Trump’s peak Pittard brain fade merchant we’ll be a better side for that stability.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

1. Connor Rozee - I hope he stamps his name as a midfield maestro this year

2. Dylan Williams - taking over Rozees role up forward

3. Orazio Fantasia - he will silence the haters

Georgiades - Excitement machine, hoping his progression continues.

Hinkley - Really want him to not get ahead of himself and just the the same sort of gameplan and structures with an improved forward line entries. He and his team are so crititcal to us but really hope he/they don't try to get too smart and break a gameplan which is pretty much right.

A full season of a fit Burton.
I’m sorry that history will show that won’t happen, which is unfortunate. Every time he is selected and plays there is every possibility of his “falling over”. Perhaps an extended period with the 2’s will get his fitness up to scratch.

A fully fit Connor Rozee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back