Opinion Who do you realistically want in the 2022 AFL Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Best case scenario is Wardlaw but it looks like North will get him. Aside from him, I'd love Phillipou. Would be okay with Humphrey, Mackenzie or Clark.

If pick 4 gets traded back or 22 gets traded up into the teens, my pick would be Isaac Keeler, looks really impressive to me: big unit, super athletic, good set of hands, big kick. Also fills a role that Essendon will need if neither of Bryan and Draper can function well as a forward, or he could just replace Wright down the road.

Really want Wardlaw. Inside bull, clean on the outside too. A finals type player. Reminds me of Petracca a bit.
He's an Essendon supporter too!

After looking at tsitsis, I really don't want him. Turns it over, throws it on the boot a lot. I think he will be a bust at AFL level.

Last edited:
Interesting to see where recruiters rate Tstatas in comparison to Bigfooty posters.

Wonder if he ends up sliding a bit?

There are a few Jimmy Toumpas vibes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know a great deal about this draft but seems like it is a weak draft, probably because of the lack of development through Covid.

I am hoping Carlton trade up to get better choices with our picks, would GWS entertain a swap of Picks 10 & 39 for 15 & 19? Seems like a fair trade, even though 39 is probably no use to them with so many high picks, perhaps a future 2nd might be more appealing.

Interesting to see where recruiters rate Tstatas in comparison to Bigfooty posters.

Wonder if he ends up sliding a bit?

There are a few Jimmy Toumpas vibes.

Except in Toumpas draft year there were no doubts on his ability, every expert had him top 5, same with Patrick Dow.

Except in Toumpas draft year there were no doubts on his ability, every expert had him top 5, same with Patrick Dow.
I think Tsatas can definitely play, but he’s going to benefit from starting at a club with a good system with uncompromising standards in place.

My concerns with him are

1) yes he’s a good kick, but not absolute top shelf. It’s not enough of a stand out trait to be a point of difference at AFL level
2) he’s a bit soft. I’ve seen way too many instances of him allowing his opponent to win the ball when he could put his body on the line to at least neutralise the contest

I’d be happy for the Blues to grab him. He has the talent to be a very good player, has natural ability to find the ball and given we are stocked for inside midfielders his outside class could complement our existing mix.

Going to be interesting to see where he ends up.

Dont know a great deal about this draft but seems like it is a weak draft, probably because of the lack of development through Covid.

I am hoping Carlton trade up to get better choices with our picks, would GWS entertain a swap of Picks 10 & 39 for 15 & 19? Seems like a fair trade, even though 39 is probably no use to them with so many high picks, perhaps a future 2nd might be more appealing.

Would need to be a F2 that seems fairer even then I think they could get a better deal for 19, seems on the under side. I'm sure Carlton are asking, every club is trying to trade up.

Given next year is looking like the stronger draft, if clubs are jockeying to move up this year, there should be some value on offer for future picks.

Realistically:

Pick 5: whichever of Wardlaw or Tsatas is leftover. If we trade back, hopefully one of McKenzie or Phillipou slides.
Pick 24 if traded up: Brayden George/Elijah Hewett/Oliver Hollands.
Pick 24 if still there: Mitch Szybkowski/Lachlan Cowan

Even though he’s probably not a pressing need with recruiting hill, I would love to take Darcy Jones with one of our picks. Reminds me a little of Jeffy Garlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back