Prediction Who will crack the best 22 in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what i would like to see this year...

Spurr Collins Mora
Ibbo Jono Shero
Hill Mundy Bennell
Mayne Ueber Walters
Ballaz Pav Yarran

Foll...Sandi Fyfe Neale

IC...Barlow Suban A. Pearce Griff

Controversial ???

Spurr Collins Mora
Ibbo Jono Shero
Hill Mundy Bennell
Mayne Ueber Walters
Ballaz Pav Yarran

Foll...Sandi Fyfe Neale

Controversial ???
How could we possibly field a team without Dawson, Suban, DPearce, Mzungu? There would be nothing to argue about ;)

Spurr Collins Mora
Ibbo Jono Shero
Hill Mundy Bennell
Mayne Ueber Walters
Ballaz Pav Yarran

Foll...Sandi Fyfe Neale

Controversial ???
Only the selection of Uber and Collins. Ueber is miles off.

Only the selection of Uber and Collins. Ueber is miles off.
Your most probably right about Uber...all i know about him is his highlights clips. He looked mobile with a natural forwards instinct to run into and create space by using pace or smart disposal. Tabener for me seems like a pro golfer who can't putt. Great from tee to green but will always battle to get the job done. Few too many rookies and newbies i know.

Alex Pearce is a worse kick that Dawson though. Seriously it is not even close. Alex struggles to kick fourty metres.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that is not the case in the long run. He's got a decent enough action.
Smith is the one who is a real hopeless case.
Smith case I already put my hope on all this three in no particular order uebergang, Collins, hurley.

We can only upgrade 1 rookie so you have to choose between mora or uber ;)
Uebergang is pretty good for rookie list player so this year thunder will be great for him, and let him build some muscle also.

Apeness/Tabs/Ubergang. Tabs was given games in 2015. Did ok but hes better than nothing. Apeness is in his 3rd year now. Once fully fit, I see him get a few games up forward and in the ruck. Ubergang could be anything. He might get a few games off the rookie list. With Pavs time is almost up, we need 1 of those 3 to be a 2nd tall forward in 2016.

Apeness/Tabs/Ubergang. Tabs was given games in 2015. Did ok but hes better than nothing. Apeness is in his 3rd year now. Once fully fit, I see him get a few games up forward and in the ruck. Ubergang could be anything. He might get a few games off the rookie list. With Pavs time is almost up, we need 1 of those 3 to be a 2nd tall forward in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely for speculation purposes - no wrong answers, just interested in what others think at this point in time...
1. What order would you have Suban, Mzungu, DeBoer and C.Pearce being in the B22?
2. What order would you have Blakely, Grey, Weller, Crozier, Hughes and Langdon being in the B22?
3. What order would you have Tucker, Balic, Collins and Yarran cracking the B22?
4. What order would you rate the rookies (Morabito, Uebergang, Nyhuis, Deluca, Smith) for elevation?
5. Clarke or Griffin?
6. 2 talls in defence (eg Johnson, Dawson) or 3 talls in defence (eg Johnson, Dawson, A.Pearce)?

Completely for speculation purposes - no wrong answers, just interested in what others think at this point in time...
1. What order would you have Suban, Mzungu, DeBoer and C.Pearce being in the B22?
2. What order would you have Blakely, Grey, Weller, Crozier, Hughes and Langdon being in the B22?
3. What order would you have Tucker, Balic, Collins and Yarran cracking the B22?
4. What order would you rate the rookies (Morabito, Uebergang, Nyhuis, Deluca, Smith) for elevation?
5. Clarke or Griffin?
6. 2 talls in defence (eg Johnson, Dawson) or 3 talls in defence (eg Johnson, Dawson, A.Pearce)?

1. Suban, de Boer, Mzungu, C. Pearce
2. Crozier, Weller, Langdon, Blakely, Grey, Hughes
3. Collins, Tucker, Yarran, Balic
4. Morabito, Uebergang, Smith, Nyhuis, DeLuca
5. Griffin, Clarke
6. Mostly 3 talls, but not every game.

Not absolutely sure of orders, but interesting exercise.

1. Suban, de Boer, Mzungu, C. Pearce
2. Crozier, Weller, Langdon, Blakely, Grey, Hughes
5. Griffin, Clarke
6. Mostly 3 talls, but not every game.

De Boer and Mzungu ahead of Clancee, interesting. Why is that?

It's difficult to say, Clancee is better with ball in hand but De Boer and Mzungu bring more defensive pressure in the mid probably. I'd probably have Pearce ahead of Mzungu but below De Boer.

Pearce is also the most inconsistent of that trio as well. Good Clancee is the best of them and can rack up 15-20 pinpoint 50m kicks off the half back flank, but bad Clancee is the worst because he doesn't get near it.

Pearce is also the most inconsistent of that trio as well. Good Clancee is the best of them and can rack up 15-20 pinpoint 50m kicks off the half back flank, but bad Clancee is the worst because he doesn't get near it.

True enough. But if we are moving towards a team with a more attacking game plan and more disposal by foot then you'd have him in the team over De Boer and Mzungu. Also if I remember correctly he showed up to training early when he didn't have to while de boer, Mzungu and Suban didn't. Thats the right attitude for a guy whose position in the 22 is under pressure.

Clancee and deBoer are both let down by their slow decision making with the ball in hand. DeBoer is the better runner, but is a very poor kick over 40 meters; Clancee is better by foot over long distances. Both are hard bodied tough nuts. Clancee is a better kick for goal outside 50. Mzungu was ahead of both in 2014, but fell out of favor last year. Muz also lets himself down with poor decision making and is probably down on confidence after being in and out of the senior side last year. The good Mzungu has a big game temperament, but I didn't see that anywhere last year.

5. Clarke or Griffin?

1. Suban, de Boer, Mzungu, C. Pearce (In terms of like I would reverse this order but it seems to be RTB's order)
2. Crozier, Weller, Langdon, Grey, Blakely, Hughes
3. Yarran, Collins, Tucker, Balic
5. Griffin, Clarke
6. Almost always 2 talls, but not every game.

Here's mine...
1. C.Pearce, Suban, Mzungu, DeBoer (could almost be any order though - pros and cons to all of them)
2. Hughes, Langdon, Crozier, Weller, Grey, Blakely (a bit harsh on Weller perhaps)
4. Morabito, Uebergang, Nyhuis, Smith, DeLuca
5. Griffin, Clarke
6. 2 mostly but probably 3 against teams with 3 tall forwards

As much as I have him last above I think Balic might have the most potential of all our draftees. Once he sorts his wrist out I think they should train him up as a running inside mid that can also play high half forward. He should be following Fyfe around like a shadow, and being a sponge. Think we have plenty of outside running mids coming through but once Mundy and Barlow retire I'm not sure we should just be relying on Blakely improving considerably and stepping up. Way too early to call this really but isn't that what BF is for?

Here's mine...
1. C.Pearce, Suban, Mzungu, DeBoer (could almost be any order though - pros and cons to all of them)
2. Hughes, Langdon, Crozier, Weller, Grey, Blakely (a bit harsh on Weller perhaps)
4. Morabito, Uebergang, Nyhuis, Smith, DeLuca
5. Griffin, Clarke
6. 2 mostly but probably 3 against teams with 3 tall forwards

As much as I have him last above I think Balic might have the most potential of all our draftees. Once he sorts his wrist out I think they should train him up as a running inside mid that can also play high half forward. He should be following Fyfe around like a shadow, and being a sponge. Think we have plenty of outside running mids coming through but once Mundy and Barlow retire I'm not sure we should just be relying on Blakely improving considerably and stepping up. Way too early to call this really but isn't that what BF is for?
All we need for inside mids are good hands, and size, strength to get the ball to our outside classy players. Neale is on his
way to being a clone of Mitchell, and Fyfe should play mid/forward.
If Weller is anything like his brother, will be a beast, and will win his own ball, plus huge outside game.
It could be argued that in a few years we will have a better crop of players than Today, especially midfield/flankers, we
haven't even seen yet what Harley brings to the table.
Add Langdon, Blakey, Crozier, I think we will see more retirements, trading to ensure they remain in the fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back