List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard news about when a new captain will be announced? I'm still looking at Hurn. Would have loved to see Beau Waters step up but has missed too much footy. Maybe if he eats another goldfish I'll reconsider

I thought Simpson said in his end of year wrap that it is something we will deal with next year - so likely february or so

I'm probably reading entirely too much into it, but as the captains were reading the votes last night, it was scotty selwood who did the job for us.

I'm thinking either Emac or Hurn now.
You can make the argument that E-Mac is West Coast's best player now. He's been excellent for a number of seasons. My feeling is I'd like to see him as captain it's more is he a capable on field leader with the ability to inspire?

It won't be said but men need a leader that will inspire them to follow. Is E-Mac that man?

Last edited:
Has to be Hurn for mine. Hes what 27? so that would give him a good 4 or 5 years at current rate. Plus I like the idea of our captain to be either a midfielder or a running half back. Glass was fantastic be foir me the Captain should be where the action is more often than not to be able to rally the troops when the pressure is on.

I really like Luke Shuey. Not the brightest shoe in the cupboard but i thought he still spoke pretty well at the club champs. He seems like the kinda guy where being a leader would elevate his game, and he's popular with both the players and Simmo apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie doesn't seem like a captain. I'd say it's going to be selwood or hurn.

Woosh said the other night he would give it to selwood if he was still there

Back