Opinion Who would you like to see as Captain?

who would you like to captain Carlton?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average footballer. Would we have to play him just because he's captain? I see him struggling to maintain a position in our backline.

Watson Jamison Laidler
Tuohy Henderson Yarran

plus Gibbs, Armfield, Bootsma, McInness.

Tuohy may be moving to the midfield, Gibbs too. Armfield is not ahead of Duigan as a defender. McInnes competing with the third tall or Laidler, not Duigan. Bootsma way behind Duigan.

I think people underestimate the Laidler/Duigan tag team. Experts at covering for each other and being third man up to help the talls.

He was fringe last year but he is an impressive individual.

Hi guys. Genuine question. Why is Duigan even a contendor for the captaincy? Surely someone like Murphy or Carazzo or even Simpson would be far more suited than a player who isn't cemented in your top 22 yet?

Hi guys. Genuine question. Why is Duigan even a contendor for the captaincy? Surely someone like Murphy or Carazzo or even Simpson would be far more suited than a player who isn't cemented in your top 22 yet?
neither was nick maxwell, but duigan's leadership is absolutely top notch, speaks very well, trains as hard as anyone and a very intelligent bloke.

neither was nick maxwell, but duigan's leadership is absolutely top notch, speaks very well, trains as hard as anyone and a very intelligent bloke.
Fair enough but I still think most clubs are better off (if they can) appointing one of their better players who can lead by example as well as possess the other qualities you mentioned. Don't get me wrong- I have nothing against Duigan, I just don't feel that he is true captain material- at least from what I've seen of him.

Fair enough but I still think most clubs are better off (if they can) appointing one of their better players who can lead by example as well as possess the other qualities you mentioned. Don't get me wrong- I have nothing against Duigan, I just don't feel that he is true captain material- at least from what I've seen of him.
personally I'd like to see carrots get the job, he basically ticks every box on being a captain.

Has a masters degree in psychology, played semi professionally for Norwood Footy Club in SA and was their vice captain, finished 10th in Magarey Medal in 2010, planned to do volunteer work in Sudan, but was drafted. He currently does volunteer
Work at Headspace, promoting better mental health in the community and works directly with youth as a psychologist at Headspace.

The best player doesn't always make the best captain, Duigs is a quality person, heard him Interviewed and he is outstanding...

He is n the leadership group for a reason

Personally I reckon Carrazzo will get the job, but pleased duigs is getting recognised

Malthouse certainly has a reputation for left field captains, and they generally have worked. Question for me is whether Duigan would play 22 games and where he fits into the Malthouse game plan. Age, behvaiour nor the esteem in which he is held internally are issues with the guy.

Clearly Malthouse has plans for Nick, otherwise he wouldn't be under consideration.

Malthouse certainly has a reputation for left field captains, and they generally have worked. Question for me is whether Duigan would play 22 games and where he fits into the Malthouse game plan. Age, behvaiour nor the esteem in which he is held internally are issues with the guy.

Clearly Malthouse has plans for Nick, otherwise he wouldn't be under consideration.

Duigs remonds me a bit of Simon Wiggins...not in the best 22 all the time but the players loved him..he also was in the leadership group, could be. Good mentor/role model for the younger guys...check his personal credentials !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Carrots gets the gig.What a fairytale that would be and he is a fantastic clubman.

It would be a nice story, much maligned player, been on the rookie list at two clubs, ends up with a B&F and captaincy.

However, Simmo would be just as good a story for three reasons. One, he was roundly bagged on BF as being too skinny to make it at AFL level. Two, he came up donuts in his first 3 games. That's not easy to do. Three, he wouldn't be at the club were it not for our salary cap breaches. No way would we have gone for this skinny mid with a third round pick in the 2002 draft after picking up Goddard and Wells. Every bit of success Simmo has is a dagger in the heart of that dark dark time.

It would be a nice story, much maligned player, been on the rookie list at two clubs, ends up with a B&F and captaincy.

However, Simmo would be just as good a story for three reasons. One, he was roundly bagged on BF as being too skinny to make it at AFL level. Two, he came up donuts in his first 3 games. That's not easy to do. Three, he wouldn't be at the club were it not for our salary cap breaches. No way would we have gone for this skinny mid with a third round pick in the 2002 draft after picking up Goddard and Wells. Every bit of success Simmo has is a dagger in the heart of that dark dark time.

Nicely put ODN...

I would be rapt for Simmo

Kade Simpson- premiership captain :)

* you AFL :D

I say pull one out of the bag and stick the captaincy on Rowe. History is on his side. Last time we put the captaincy on a big South Australian forward we got 2 premierships and the longest serving captain in the history of the game.
Imagine if we had the same thought when Adam Hartlett was still at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back