WRFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible look for the league, no matter what was said or done violence Is not the answer in my opinion.Newport has great ppl around the club at the moment and unfortunately a few idiots ruin it for everyone. The league plays a massive part, turning a blind eye or giving slaps on the wrist has been happening for years. Umps even turn a blind eye to things on field as if they are scared half the time.
I got told in a grandfinal by a senior ump “I can’t do anything” after being called a “rag head” by a player in front of him. He giggled like he was impressed with the sledge. So if I retaliated because thats what ppl from “certain backgrounds” do would I be at fault?
The comp is a joke and will be till it goes back to 2 Div with 10 teams in each. Merging teams instead of killing them in my opinion is the way to go.

Finals really heating up. Wyndhamvale would need to beat Albion at Albion to secure finals. Albion on their deck are a 6-8 goal better team although if Newport knock off point cook they’re through but don’t see that happening you’d think they’re praying on an Albion win

In saying that they beat Parkside again and I heard was a cracking game so who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No umpires being provided by the league for both games in the GO vs WF game tomorrow. Not because of shortages, reason given…… players behaviour unacceptable ie our umpires had no control over the game. 3 blokes went to tribunal 2 got off. Conduct from Wyndhamvale coaching staff absolutely disgusting…. Speaking to other clubs seems to be a recurring theme.

No umpires being provided by the league for both games in the GO vs WF game tomorrow. Not because of shortages, reason given…… players behaviour unacceptable ie our umpires had no control over the game. 3 blokes went to tribunal 2 got off. Conduct from Wyndhamvale coaching staff absolutely disgusting…. Speaking to other clubs seems to be a recurring theme.
Joey Ramos will be licking his lips now, he loves a bit of dirty footy and no doubt he'll be sniping blokes all day. I would be careful if I were the WRFL, you don't want to let a beast like that off the leash.

Well I don’t blame the umpires if that’s the case. Why bother when you can do other games in a more better environment. Just saying!

Parkside will be hoping for a Wyndhamvale win and Newport loss after being beaten by them last 2 times
Comes down to the last round, would be interesting to see if the finals team rest some players before a massive final series. Finals is a new season and anything can happen.

Newport not making it is big! The only team to lose by under a goal to point cook and only team over them point cook to beat Parkside twice!!!!! Point cook officially have it in the bag

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well I don’t blame the umpires if that’s the case. Why bother when you can do other games in a more better environment. Just saying!

Hello

Umpires didn't want to umpires us cause we challenged every decisions apparently felt threaten from us. The reports last week 2 thrown out 1 and 1 those reports occurred due to face that this league allow umpires who cant control the game and are continuing not held accountable. I spoke to and current umpire he had no issue umpire us but didn't get allocated to our game. The Wrfl was to blame shortages is a disgrace their was one less game in div 3 on the weekend and the loaded up umpires to club in both grades that made the news after they had all in brawl I don't get it how that a more safer environment..

The umpires I had been on their side all year ( i dont care about the missed free kicks ) umpires clearly showed after numerous supporters say they hate GO buy pulling this stunt just shows they do.

Overall - we had 1 player suspended for abusing the umpire which is not good enough by him but when he continues to be targeted by oppo and you can hear it the umpires choose to see it not action that is a disgrace.( He did get 2nd report for stupid and dirty act and got his whack im not saying we are perfect )

this same umpire in same fixture game reported 2 of players for striking couldn't take them to the tribunal cause he didn't know he they hit ( if they did hit someone )

vision is a must to not only keep players in check but umpires cause they have been very ordinary and not sure if enough being done !! ( div 1 clubs dont pay for it)

WRFL -need to be stronger no wonder people laugh at this comp duty of care went out the window and no respect was shown to west footscray

Environment is cop out will defend the club I'm apart of pm if want the truth

Look we not perfect i get it but WRFL need use and speak to coaches and officials and we need do more with umpires to make game better but to have no umpires provided is a disgrace - We pay fees to have umpires provided its pure disgrace...

hopefully its get better

Hello

Umpires didn't want to umpires us cause we challenged every decisions apparently felt threaten from us. The reports last week 2 thrown out 1 and 1 those reports occurred due to face that this league allow umpires who cant control the game and are continuing not held accountable. I spoke to and current umpire he had no issue umpire us but didn't get allocated to our game. The Wrfl was to blame shortages is a disgrace their was one less game in div 3 on the weekend and the loaded up umpires to club in both grades that made the news after they had all in brawl I don't get it how that a more safer environment..

The umpires I had been on their side all year ( i dont care about the missed free kicks ) umpires clearly showed after numerous supporters say they hate GO buy pulling this stunt just shows they do.

Overall - we had 1 player suspended for abusing the umpire which is not good enough by him but when he continues to be targeted by oppo and you can hear it the umpires choose to see it not action that is a disgrace.( He did get 2nd report for stupid and dirty act and got his whack im not saying we are perfect )

this same umpire in same fixture game reported 2 of players for striking couldn't take them to the tribunal cause he didn't know he they hit ( if they did hit someone )

vision is a must to not only keep players in check but umpires cause they have been very ordinary and not sure if enough being done !! ( div 1 clubs dont pay for it)

WRFL -need to be stronger no wonder people laugh at this comp duty of care went out the window and no respect was shown to west footscray

Environment is cop out will defend the club I'm apart of pm if want the truth

Look we not perfect i get it but WRFL need use and speak to coaches and officials and we need do more with umpires to make game better but to have no umpires provided is a disgrace - We pay fees to have umpires provided its pure disgrace...

hopefully its get better
Alot of truth in this post.

Glenorden are not a bad club, they are run well, coached well and are working hard to improve their culture.

There is a big umpire issue in the WRFL but it is little to do with clubs themselves, more to do with attracting and retaining umpires since covid as well as enough to cover a massive increase in games with the growth of women's football.

All should be working together to sort this out not looking to blame clubs for what in reality are minor incidents compared to some that are left well alone

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back