WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour josh foster was asked to play for Carlton last night, refused saying he is suns for life

Any results on Braybrook, Suns, Nth Sunshine and Heights over the weekend?
Talking to connections through AFL Academy I believe that Suns lost to Donvale by 8 goals however have been informed that they would play WRFL Div 1. Apparently have multiple players at AFL Academy.
Believe Braybrook lost to Keilor Park by 15 goals and Albanvale lost by 11 goals to Burnside. Have been informed that these 2 teams Burnside and Keilor Park would be the equivalent of wrfl division 3.

Talking to connections through AFL Academy I believe that Suns lost to Donvale by 8 goals however have been informed that they would play WRFL Div 1. Apparently have multiple players at AFL Academy.
Believe Braybrook lost to Keilor Park by 15 goals and Albanvale lost by 11 goals to Burnside. Have been informed that these 2 teams Burnside and Keilor Park would be the equivalent of wrfl division 3.
Sounds like suns on pre season form
Would have to be faves now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean? Top 3 should all be ok? Tarneit unknown. But sounds no different to every year in Div 3.

Div 2 looks the goods.
Div 2 only looks good because the quality has dropped dramatically over the past few years and you have Div 3 clubs spending almost as much, I doubt any Div 2 club is anywhere near the salary cap. There was a clear 10-15 goal gap between the top Div 3 sides compared to the top div 2 sides, I reckon both the Suns and Albanvale could walk into Div 2 and be pushing for finals.

As for Div 3 it is what is always has been 2-3 sides clearly a lot better than the rest, the only difference is that 4th side was always competitive against the top 3 this year the top 2 will be well ahead with the comp falling away a bit from there.

All it takes though is covid to get into a club and it could wipe them out for a few weeks.

Div 2 only looks good because the quality has dropped dramatically over the past few years and you have Div 3 clubs spending almost as much, I doubt any Div 2 club is anywhere near the salary cap. There was a clear 10-15 goal gap between the top Div 3 sides compared to the top div 2 sides, I reckon both the Suns and Albanvale could walk into Div 2 and be pushing for finals.

As for Div 3 it is what is always has been 2-3 sides clearly a lot better than the rest, the only difference is that 4th side was always competitive against the top 3 this year the top 2 will be well ahead with the comp falling away a bit from there.

All it takes though is covid to get into a club and it could wipe them out for a few weeks.

Suns beat Wyndham vale this year
Braybrook beat west Footscray this year and Parkside last year

Sun
Cobras
would push finals

Braybrook
Tarneit would be competitive mid pack

The rest would struggle in my observations

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree on the quality of Div 2 decreasing substantially which has evened the comp.

Also agree top of Div 3 would compete in Div 2.

I still think your assessment maybe a bit rough on Braybrook and Tarneit but I guess we will find out in 10 days.

Any news on the bottom three actually fielding 2 sides?

Keilor Park presently would challenge a few div2 clubs in WRFL, as they have recruited well. Burnside on the other hand would play div3 WRFL. Based on that Albanvale might be in some trouble.

Keilor Park presently would challenge a few div2 clubs in WRFL, as they have recruited well. Burnside on the other hand would play div3 WRFL. Based on that Albanvale might be in some trouble.

Practice matches mean nothing. Every year Braybrook beats Div 2 teams in practice matches yet they don’t dominate Div 3.

Cobs for the flag 🐍🐍🐍

Do u guys still believe in the praccy match hype? Braybrook have been flag favourites for the last 10 years after the practice games, they beat Parkside last year and that meant absolutely nothing.

Do u guys still believe in the praccy match hype? Braybrook have been flag favourites for the last 10 years after the practice games, they beat Parkside last year and that meant absolutely nothing.

The discussion was more along the lines of the top 3 possibly 4 doing well in the division above and that the 3rd division is a waste of time

The discussion was more along the lines of the top 3 possibly 4 doing well in the division above and that the 3rd division is a waste of time

In my opinion Div 3 should be scrapped go back to 2 divisions merg some teams instead of adding new teams every 2 years.. wrfl doesn’t not care about div3 you can tell by the way they fixture the draw. Why wouldn’t u get the better sides play each other round one then 3 times during the year?
I’m still for teams merging, the current system can not be sustained and we are just going to keep seeing teams fold or not field senior sides. Anyways that’s my opinion not that anyone asked but yeah 😂

The concept of Div 3 is good / ie; it should be for startup clubs and struggling teams only. If it returns to just 2 divs , the Nth sunshines and Lavertons of the world will get slaughtered by the top Div 2 teams, that’s not good for anyone.
You cannot force clubs to merge, and nor should you. A good league admin would be bending over backwards to help the struggling clubs in every way possible. From experience I can assure you they do not!.
Apart from token gestures the current league management is only interested in its own finances and image.
I’m no expert but surely it’s not rocket science to actually enforce things like the player points cap and maybe giving struggling clubs a higher points and or payments cap .
And there are other simple measures to implement but ‘DuckDuckGo’ can’t be bothered. Sad really. Just my 2 bobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back