WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Thank you for booing Roman Reigns"

Tomorrow on WWE.com: "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Ryback (Ryan Reeves) as of Wednesday, January 28, 2015. We wish Ryback the best in all future endeavors."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently WrestleMania no longer has numbers because Vince think that the numbers Mania seem too old

Hahaha oh geez the old man has to go. You've been great Vince but times up, gotta hand over the reigns now. Super Bowl 49 on Monday, don't see anyone complaining it sounds "too old".

Reminds me back when they called WrestleMania 16, WrestleMania. Viewing wikipedia they list it as WM 2000 (same as the video game at the time) BUT at the time WrestleMania 2000 was barely mentioned, heck the fact that it was the 16th Mania was hardly touched on (aside from JR mentioning it at the start). Also X-Seven and X8, abandoning the roman numerals only for them to return at XIX.

Obviously what people like to see and how they think wrestling should be is their own opinion, and WWE is only part (a major, major part) of the wrestling landscape, but I strongly encourage everyone here (especially those feeling a bit cynical/jaded about wrestling lately) to watch Kayfabe Commentaries: Guest Booker - Al Snow 'The Attitude Era'. It's available for DVD purchase or on-demand viewing through that link (I personally found it via torrent). Dates back to 2011, around the time Kane was World Heavyweight Champion on SmackDown, and discusses some points of what made WWE's 'Attitude Era' so successful, but the messages and the takeaways are applicable to any period and style of wrestling.

I'm not saying Snow is categorically "right", or his way is the way things "should" be, but depending on your perspective, your experience in watching wrestling, or just what you know, it's a great reminder, refresher, insight or lightbulb moment into the business, and how things work, and what's important from a booking perspective with the product we're being shown. Just a great, honest, real discussion on the business of professional wrestling.

Dat quality journalism from Da Meltz.

Man you hate to just agree with anything popular opinion. I mean that's seriously the first thing that comes to your mind when it's revealed Vince is taking the numbers out of Wrestlemania titles because it makes it sound old? You just can't submit to the fact that is just plain dumb on Vince's end?

Before I bother looking at your Al Snow doco I reckon I might have a good crack at a guess.... He blames the demise of pro wrestling on the posters from BigFooty doesn't he? :p

I'm going out on a limb here and quoting reddit because I'm at work and wont be able to listen to the podcast until I get home, and I know reddit has it out for Roman Reigns, but if this quote is accurate and contextually fine, Reigns is either a campaigner in real life, or about to pull of the biggest heel turn in ages....

Man you hate to just agree with anything popular opinion. I mean that's seriously the first thing that comes to your mind when it's revealed Vince is taking the numbers out of Wrestlemania titles because it makes it sound old? You just can't submit to the fact that is just plain dumb on Vince's end?

My point with that (and a lot of dirtsheet reports in general) is it could be literally made up out of thin air, and people will just eat it up if it's what they want to hear, or if it fits a certain narrative.

It's just so unimportant and inconsequential that I wouldn't even bother reporting something like that (if it was true) if I was trying to be credible and meaningful in any way, yet it gets reported and twisted into some "evidence" that Vince is picky and a micro-manager and "out of touch".

I'm going out on a limb here and quoting reddit because I'm at work and wont be able to listen to the podcast until I get home, and I know reddit has it out for Roman Reigns, but if this quote is accurate and contextually fine, Reigns is either a campaigner in real life, or about to pull of the biggest heel turn in ages....

Shock horror, someone's in the wrestling business to make as much money for themselves as they can...

Before I bother looking at your Al Snow doco I reckon I might have a good crack at a guess.... He blames the demise of pro wrestling on the posters from BigFooty doesn't he? :p

No, but it might actually smarten some people up to what experienced workers and bookers inside the business find to be the most important.

Hint: It's not "match quality" and star ratings.

Last edited:
My point with that (and a lot of dirtsheet reports in general) is it could be literally made up out of thin air, and people will just eat it up if it's what they want to hear, or if it fits a certain narrative.

It's just so unimportant and inconsequential that I wouldn't even bother reporting something like that (if it was true) if I was trying to be credible and meaningful in any way, yet it gets reported and twisted into some "evidence" that Vince is picky and a micro-manager and "out of touch".

Shock horror, someone's in the wrestling business to make as much money for themselves as they can...

No, but it might actually smarten some people up to what experienced workers and bookers inside the business find to be the most important.

Hint: It's not "match quality" and star ratings.
I was more making a point about your antagonistic posting. 'Everybody is dissing Vince, I better go in to bat for him'... 3 pages back... 'Oop, everyone likes something Vince has booked, better find a way to crap on it just for the sake of it'.

Don't get me wrong mate. That's not derogatory to your posting, just an observation. I respect that you're the top heel of the board. You generate heat like a good heel should ;)

I was more making a point about your antagonistic posting. 'Everybody is dissing Vince, I better go in to bat for him'... 3 pages back... 'Oop, everyone likes something Vince has booked, better find a way to crap on it just for the sake of it'.

Not really how I think or operate at all, but ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back