XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I was in the right spot but I didn't see that tiny little buy button on my phone.

Just bought a Xbox one. they couldnt do much for a discount but still got some money off. Just setting it up and remembered i also wanted to buy Dead Rising 3. so i might pick that up the next time im at JB.

Important Although your Xbox Live Gold one-month trial membership is free, we need a payment option on file because the membership will renew to an Xbox Live Gold subscription unless you cancel it. You must add a payment method such as a credit card or PayPal to your account. If you don’t want to keep your membership going after your free trial, you must cancel your membership. See “How to cancel an Xbox Live Gold trial membership” below.

Important Although your Xbox Live Gold one-month trial membership is free, we need a payment option on file because the membership will renew to an Xbox Live Gold subscription unless you cancel it. You must add a payment method such as a credit card or PayPal to your account. If you don’t want to keep your membership going after your free trial, you must cancel your membership. See “How to cancel an Xbox Live Gold trial membership” below.

Just added a credit card, and found out MS dont accept AMEX.

Got a paypal account? They accept amex

yeah, but i just used my Visa. still couldnt get the 2 week trial thing to show up as active, and now says the code has been used. Xbox Support were no help so i just used the 3 month sub i got. now its working.

Just bought a Xbox one. they couldnt do much for a discount but still got some money off. Just setting it up and remembered i also wanted to buy Dead Rising 3. so i might pick that up the next time im at JB.

Sunset Overdrive :thumbsu: hard to turn the Xbox on when I main the ps4 and it's where all my friends are but I still manage to jump on for Sunset Overdrive (one of my favourite games since new consoles came out) and Forza Horizon 2 from time to time.

Feel free to add if you want to be xbros as well.

Sunset Overdrive :thumbsu: hard to turn the Xbox on when I main the ps4 and it's where all my friends are but I still manage to jump on for Sunset Overdrive (one of my favourite games since new consoles came out) and Forza Horizon 2 from time to time.

Not into racing games, i might grab Sunset next year still playing Fallout on PS4.

I got the Fallout 4 bundle [dont know if i will keep the game or give it to someone] and Fallout 3 code It also came with Star Wars but they didnt have the Witcher 3 so he took $45 off the price. and got Gears Ultimate Ed and Rise Tomb of the Tomb Raider, and 3 month Gold and 12 month EA Access and rechargeable battery pack. Ill grab Dead Rising 3 next week when doing more X-mas shopping, might grab halo MCC i never had a 360 so only played the first 2 games and dont know if i finished either of them.

Dead Rising was the only Launch game i was sad was exclusive, and TR pushed me over to finally getting a X1. Sunset looked good. not sold on Quantam Break yet for next year.

Ill still play multi-plats on PS4

Not into racing games, i might grab Sunset next year still playing Fallout on PS4.

I got the Fallout 4 bundle [dont know if i will keep the game or give it to someone] and Fallout 3 code It also came with Star Wars but they didnt have the Witcher 3 so he took $45 off the price. and got Gears Ultimate Ed and Rise Tomb of the Tomb Raider, and 3 month Gold and 12 month EA Access and rechargeable battery pack. Ill grab Dead Rising 3 next week when doing more X-mas shopping, might grab halo MCC i never had a 360 so only played the first 2 games and dont know if i finished either of them.

Dead Rising was the only Launch game i was sad was exclusive, and TR pushed me over to finally getting a X1. Sunset looked good. not sold on Quantam Break yet for next year.

Ill still play multi-plats on PS4

Sunset Overdrive is awesome dumb fun. I'm keen for Tomb Raider but hooked on Fallout 4 as well too, hope to get around to it early next year though. It's a good system though, I have no beef with it. I still play multiplats and everything on ps4 too but I've never liked the idea of missing out on cool games just because of console preference even if means it has to sit there collecting dust for months at a time.

Sunset Overdrive is awesome dumb fun. I'm keen for Tomb Raider but hooked on Fallout 4 as well too, hope to get around to it early next year though. It's a good system though. I still play multiplats and everything on ps4 too but I've never liked the idea of missing out on cool games just because of console preference even if means it has to sit there collecting dust for months at a time.

I sent you and some others from my PS4 friend list a friend req, dont know who else to add. and have a near empty list. so anyone can add me im SelfEntitled89 i also put it in the ID sticky thread.

Im real keen to start Tomb Raider, sad about how bad its selling because of the timed Exclusive deal and coming out with Fallout, hope it doesnt cause layoffs at Crystal because of Square making deals, i have the Reboot on PS3 and PS4 so should enjoy it. Will also check out Star Wars on the weekend and see if i will keep it or trade it at EB before it becomes worth $2

just installing my games and downloading patches then Fallout 3 and some EA Access games. it takes ages to install and you cant download more then one thing at a time? and reboots take ages. still learning how to navigate and stuff, never spent much time on X1 so dont have any real opinion on the old dash. and then get used to the strange control [for me, i grew up with Sony consoles. and only had the first Xbox but didnt play many games then same with the N64]

I sent you and some others from my PS4 friend list a friend req, dont know who else to add. and have a near empty list. so anyone can add me im SelfEntitled89 i also put it in the ID sticky thread.

Im real keen to start Tomb Raider, sad about how bad its selling because of the timed Exclusive deal and coming out with Fallout, hope it doesnt cause layoffs at Crystal because of Square making deals, i have the Reboot on PS3 and PS4 so should enjoy it. Will also check out Star Wars on the weekend and see if i will keep it or trade it at EB before it becomes worth $2

just installing my games and downloading patches then Fallout 3 and some EA Access games. it takes ages to install and you cant download more then one thing at a time? and reboots take ages. still learning how to navigate and stuff, never spent much time on X1 so dont have any real opinion on the old dash. and then get used to the strange control [for me, i grew up with Sony consoles. and only had the first Xbox but didnt play many games then same with the N64]

Installing games is definitely much slower than on the ps4, but I've found the network a bit quicker in terms of when updating games and system firmware and stuff. Don't know if that was just my net at the time but it has never been as excruciating as PSN can get at times when you need to keep pausing and resuming a download so it might be done by Christmas time. There is a way to update and install more than one game at a time. I had to ask the fine folks here the same thing not long ago but that was more for updating in rest mode. I'm generally pretty derp around the Xbox dashboard myself anyway. Controller is fantastic when you get the hang of it. Rumblers in the triggers is a nice touch. PS4 controller is great but these ones just melt into your hands. Just have fun learning not to hit 'A' when something on screen tells you to press 'X' :p

Installing games is definitely much slower than on the ps4, but I've found the network a bit quicker in terms of when updating games and system firmware and stuff. Don't know if that was just my net at the time but it has never been as excruciating as PSN can get at times when you need to keep pausing and resuming a download so it might be done by Christmas time. There is a way to update and install more than one game at a time. I had to ask the fine folks here the same thing not long ago but that was more for updating in rest mode. I'm generally pretty derp around the Xbox dashboard myself anyway. Controller is fantastic when you get the hang of it. Rumblers in the triggers is a nice touch. PS4 controller is great but these ones just melt into your hands. Just have fun learning not to hit 'A' when something on screen tells you to press 'X' :p

Downloads are much much faster then PS4, im gald the buttons are still the same like A=X B=O and Y=Triangle when typing so dont need to look down all the time, but that will change when i start to play games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downloads are much much faster then PS4, im gald the buttons are still the same like A=X B=O and Y=Triangle when typing so dont need to look down all the time, but that will change when i start to play games.
Get smartglass on your phone mate. Bugger typing with a controller.

And you can set up your console to quick boot, starts in seconds (for your long reboot question)

Get smartglass on your phone mate. Bugger typing with a controller.

And you can set up your console to quick boot, starts in seconds (for your long reboot question)

I have it set for quick boot, it took ages when i would have it reset, i just worded it badly.

Turns out the new update w/dashboard broke connectivity for some routers, including mine. Can't play any online games (i.e ******* all of them, always online BS), now we wait for it to be fixed (never :drunk:)

Didnt see anything on there other than the current spring sale.

Grabbed Killer Instinct Season 2 for $13.48 to go with my season 1 disc.

Also picked up Ori and the Blind Forest. Wasn't on special, but being the last day of the 20% off Xbox cards at Woolies, i grabbed $30 credit for it.

Between those and with Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider waiting for me to open on xmas, my PS4 is going to be collecting dust for the first time in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back