Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate congrats, what a day to remember!

I'm just over the moon that now my son and I are both born in premiership years, me in 89 and our little bloke in the most glorious of triumphs 2015.

It's funny how your life changes, post game I might normally have wanted to go out for beers, but this year I just couldn't wait to get home to see my little three peat legend!

Big smiles to all the Hawk mum and dads out there sharing this moment with your offspring, be they 4 weeks or 40.

Mate congrats, what a day to remember!

I'm just over the moon that now my son and I are both born in premiership years, me in 89 and our little bloke in the most glorious of triumphs 2015.

It's funny how your life changes, post game I might normally have wanted to go out for beers, but this year I just couldn't wait to get home to see my little three peat legend!

Big smiles to all the Hawk mum and dads out there sharing this moment with your offspring, be they 4 weeks or 40.

So true... Congrats mate...

A new Hawk entered the fray at 7:18pm tonight. She's a little ripper and has already been mouthing "hodgie" at me.

A new Hawk entered the fray at 7:18pm tonight. She's a little ripper and has already been mouthing "hodgie" at me.
Double like. Congrats Echols. What truly lovely news.

Big congrats to you and your partner. Hope mum, Bub and dad are all okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks all. The last 48 hours has been very hectic, with a newborn who had fallen ill, no real answers as to why, hospital transfers for both baby and mother for further tests....I now know the true meaning of 'stress'.....nothing more gut-wrenching than watching your child loaded up into an transportation crib, with no real idea of what it is all going to lead to...spent six hours yesterday just holding her hand through the small door of the iso-crib while hoping we would get some answers, then I had to suit up in an x-Ray flack jacket and hold her, while she had more pictures taken of her abdominals....thank science, with some extra tests much of the concerns were ruled out and with continued antibiotics she is much better this morning, with all of the tubes, electrodes and monitors removed overnight she's out of the iso-crib, alert, aware and screaming for food.

Cabrini and Monash have both been outstanding, and anyone who says a bad word about our rich multicultural community can go and get ****ed. In the last few days we've been looked after by almost every different background imaginable, from a beatifil little Philippino midwife, to a Sri Lankan nurse, Chinese Doctor and a Scottish surgeon, and every single one of them have been fantastic(the wife now thinks the midwife has a crush on me!).

I was just texting Eldorado this morning, life starts now, I reckon.

Thanks all. The last 48 hours has been very hectic, with a newborn who had fallen ill, no real answers as to why, hospital transfers for both baby and mother for further tests....I now know the true meaning of 'stress'.....nothing more gut-wrenching than watching your child loaded up into an transportation crib, with no real idea of what it is all going to lead to...spent six hours yesterday just holding her hand through the small door of the iso-crib while hoping we would get some answers, then I had to suit up in an x-Ray flack jacket and hold her, while she had more pictures taken of her abdominals....thank science, with some extra tests much of the concerns were ruled out and with continued antibiotics she is much better this morning, with all of the tubes, electrodes and monitors removed overnight she's out of the iso-crib, alert, aware and screaming for food.

Cabrini and Monash have both been outstanding, and anyone who says a bad word about our rich multicultural community can go and get stuffed. In the last few days we've been looked after by almost every different background imaginable, from a beatifil little Philippino midwife, to a Sri Lankan nurse, Chinese Doctor and a Scottish surgeon, and every single one of them have been fantastic(the wife now thinks the midwife has a crush on me!).

Geez I had no idea the Hawthorn entrance exam was so tough!!!!!!!!!!!!
she okay now?

Cabrini and Monash have both been outstanding, and anyone who says a bad word about our rich multicultural community can go and get stuffed. In the last few days we've been looked after by almost every different background imaginable, from a beatifil little Philippino midwife, to a Sri Lankan nurse, Chinese Doctor and a Scottish surgeon, and every single one of them have been fantastic(the wife now thinks the midwife has a crush on me!).

All the best mate. That sounds rough but I'm sure everything will work out. My wife gave birth yesterday to baby number 2. That's two girls now plus the wife so I'm heavily outnumbered!

All the best mate. That sounds rough but I'm sure everything will work out. My wife gave birth yesterday to baby number 2. That's two girls now plus the wife so I'm heavily outnumbered!
Better start up an account on BigNetball with those numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back